Deadeye Thoughts, and why it's good IMO!

in Thief

Posted by: Twyn.7320

Twyn.7320

First of all, there’s a lot of rage about Deadeye being under-powered and such, but in reality, people aren’t thinking about Deadeye, they’re talking about the Rifle. If you split the Rifle from Deadeye, it’s completely viable as a 1v1 spec, and while it might sacrifice a little bit of mobility, it’s not a massive amount.

So I instantly decided to run a D/P + Shortbow build with Deadeye, and if the Mark was an instant cast, it could rival Daredevil IMO, even though Deadeye is entirely viable regardless. Using Mark and Binding Shadow together is an amazing way to stun and immobilise any class that isn’t blocking, giving an amazing opportunity to launch Shadow Flare and deal constant damage, along with a Black Powder + Heartseeker combo burst. It’s incredibly effective.

The new heal is great, as it’s better than Withdraw and Hide in Shadows after 2 stacks of Malice, and with Signet of Agility, your condi cleanse potential is great. However, if there are condi AoE’s, just don’t stand in them. Awareness is key for Deadeye. With Hide in Shadows, we now have Shadow Meld to grant the stealth.

The Rifle isn’t great, it’s a gimmick, but Deadeye is not the Rifle. That’s my general message! <3

in Thief

Posted by: Warrost.4895

Warrost.4895

I disagree with you, that deadeye is a good trait, but that is totally personal opinion.
But we both agree, rifle get much hate (well deserved) and I totally understand the frustration.
While every other class got an at least usable new weapon, we just got a new traitline since rifle is so bad most don’t even call it a weapon, just a gimmick, and cantrips are mostly underwhelming (heal may has it’s place).

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

You lose Steal when you go Deadeye. So… no.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

And staff and daredevil.

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Kind of agree with this. The few engagements I had with Deadeye wasn’t too bad… As long as I forgo the rifle.

From a S/D perspective, you get a lot of burst potential with Swindlers Equilibrium and Be Quick or Be Killed since you get two marks in a row, and the amount of boons you get on top of the ones you steal? Holy kitten. Trait in Iron Sight and you become pretty kitten hard to kill as well.

The stolen skills are instant cast and are random boons+conditions as well, so that works. It’s like I am on constant Ecto’s.

The mark needs to be instant cast though. No way around it.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Thief

Posted by: DeeJayTC.5487

DeeJayTC.5487

Even with the rifle…you forget one thing. Yes its stationary which is a downside while roaming.

But when people don’t see you quickly enough, with good traits and skill usage you can take out literarily every target in range. (which is a lot more than most other classes have, 1500)
Kneel on top of your castle, in the middle of your group or whatever, pick a target, boom its dead.

Managed to kill quite a few people out of their group with the rifle, it just requires
quite a few skill combinations to properly work.

What i did is, get that +200 power on reveiled, get that +ferocity after mark and everything that boosts power and crit. (might comes on top of that)
You can make good usage of that reveiled buff, could easily ramp up 3k power (without might!, 100% crit on top of that out of stealth while having 220 crit damage with marauder gear)

What you can do than is:

Sigil of Power → F1 → Kneel (which puts you in stealth) → 5 (which auto reveals you +200 power, crit and ferocity) → easily 8-10k hit followed by 3 and most weaker targets are on the ground

So yea rifle is a gank tool, pick a target out of a group, boom target dead. But thats all..not much more use i guess.

(edited by DeeJayTC.5487)

in Thief

Twyn.7320

As I said: “If the Mark was an instant-cast, it could rival Daredevil.” However, in its current state, Daredevil is the optimal elite spec. Though, you could do just as much damage with Deadeye, if it’s in the right hands. For example, from duelling experience earlier, Deadeye was more effective for killing Holosmith than Daredevil was. It’s just different tools for different jobs, and IMO, Steal isn’t the be-all and end-all of Thief.

in Thief

Warrost.4895

Even with the rifle…you forget one thing. Yes its stationary which is a downside while roaming.

But when people don’t see you quickly enough, with good traits and skill usage you can take out literarily every target in range. (which is a lot more than most other classes have, 1500)
Kneel on top of your castle, in the middle of your group or whatever, pick a target, boom its dead.

Managed to kill quite a few people out of their group with the rifle, it just requires
quite a few skill combinations to properly work.

What i did is, get that +200 power on reveiled, get that +ferocity after mark and everything that boosts power and crit. (might comes on top of that)
You can make good usage of that reveiled buff, could easily ramp up 3k power (without might!, 100% crit on top of that out of stealth while having 220 crit damage with marauder gear)

What you can do than is:

Sigil of Power -> F1 -> Kneel (which puts you in stealth) -> 5 (which auto reveals you +200 power, crit and ferocity) -> easily 8-10k hit followed by 3 and most weaker targets are on the ground

So yea rifle is a gank tool, pick a target out of a group, boom target dead. But thats all..not much more use i guess.

What a funny way to play.

in Thief

Twyn.7320

I disagree with you, that deadeye is a good trait, but that is totally personal opinion.
But we both agree, rifle get much hate (well deserved) and I totally understand the frustration.
While every other class got an at least usable new weapon, we just got a new traitline since rifle is so bad most don’t even call it a weapon, just a gimmick, and cantrips are mostly underwhelming (heal may has it’s place).

With Cantrips, there’s only Mercy that’s not really that great. Shadow Gust is good for clearing a point if someone’s lost block abilities. However, Binding Shadow and Shadow Flare are equally amazing, IMO, due to the fact that BS has the immobilise and the knockdown on marked targets, which is incredibly useful for bursting. And Shadow Flare is great for maintaining a steady flow of damage when you’re waiting for the right moment to close the gap. If you’re in trouble, Shadow Flare is a great distraction/DPS tool to use. <3