Deadeye Underwater

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

DeadEye is great and all, but lets talk about the underwater.

Anet you better have given us actual USEFUL utilities for this spec underwater.

It’s bad enough every other class has more utility options underwater, not to mention mesmer and engineer having more stealth and utility underwater. But i digress..

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Not every other class, take a look at revenant underwater, they have no utilitys at all, it’s a joke really, but yeah I hope to not see that repeated with deadeye.

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Not every other class, take a look at revenant underwater, they have no utilitys at all, it’s a joke really, but yeah I hope to not see that repeated with deadeye.

Yeah, Rev is pretty much a joke underwater, I actually didn’t really consider them. I forgot to think about them. But yes, nonetheless i really hope we get useful utilities !

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I think our weapons and utilities are pretty strong underwater, especially scorpion wire and basilik. If you can keep getting to Shadow Assault after your burst and during theirs and have both rise and sink keys bound you should feel pretty safe down there. I still fear mesmers underwater though.

Kash
NSP

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I think our weapons and utilities are pretty strong underwater, especially scorpion wire and basilik. If you can keep getting to Shadow Assault after your burst and during theirs and have both rise and sink keys bound you should feel pretty safe down there. I still fear mesmers underwater though.

To be completely honest. I love underwater fights. And that’s solely due to spear 5 evasion, Roll for intiative, Withdraw heal, and Steal (With trickery line for 3 intiative on steal). I feel completely safe, and confident in the water, in terms of our 1-5 abilities. It’s DeadEye’s utilities that I hope to see reliability with.

Side note: I have a clip of me 2v1ing and engineer and necro underwater via spear 5, and successfully evading and swimming away from a group of 5-6 chasing me in water. DA/TR/DD

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

It’s DeadEye’s utilities that I hope to see reliability with.

Ya you’re right about that, it will be a larger difference to DE than from other builds to each other, even just the core two dodges will be a big difference so it would be nice to have some new utilities that compliment how a rifle or DE build will play.

Kash
NSP

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Underwater’ll probably just remain unfinished forever.

It’s a shame cuz I love swimming.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Underwater is kinda ridiculous as a Thief.

People think we can dodge for days on land? Boy, they haven’t even seen us swim have they? Hah!

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

Underwater is kinda ridiculous as a Thief.

People think we can dodge for days on land? Boy, they haven’t even seen us swim have they? Hah!

I am at peace when I am in the water. Enemies always think they have the upper hand. But nope in the water is where a Thief excels with skills 1-5.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

I really need to slow down when reading topic titles.

I thought you wanted to discuss DEADEYE UNDERWEAR.

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do remember a time once where I was playing WvW (which I rarely do) and encountered another player while swimming near their base, and ended up just dancing around him for like five minutes and he couldn’t get near me.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I really need to slow down when reading topic titles.

I thought you wanted to discuss DEADEYE UNDERWEAR.

Slow your roll buddy! This is a kids game ! Keep it PG-13!

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I find Thief works pretty well underwater and is competitive with most other builds, unless it a ranger.

Deadeye Underwater

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

I find Thief works pretty well underwater and is competitive with most other builds, unless it a ranger.

Thief is one of the best underwater, when played correctly, but i still can’t shy away from the utility drought that Thief has been victim to for 4 years.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back