Deadeye condi build

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

hey there,

I’ve been playing around with a condi deadeye build ( since I didn’t really know how to be impactful with power ) for pvp. Here is the link :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAFl0MhOngpTg/JMgJKfacGjoOBCgCA-Tpw+QAgyAy9HAA

The missing things :
- weapon : Rifle
- utility : Mercy
-traits : one in the chamber + Peripherical vision+ Be quick or be killed

How to play :

kneel -> use mark -> spam 2 -> use mercy -> use mark again -> spam 2

Your target will get perma imob + 10 stacks of confusion + ~12-15 stacks of poison.
Viper can be swapped with carrion on small maps when kiting is difficult

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

(edited by Wargameur.6950)

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Hah, alright, that’s cool.

Might try it later. Kinda bypasses the issue of the target moving out of range as the damage keeps tickin’ either way.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

Hah, alright, that’s cool.

Might try it later. Kinda bypasses the issue of the target moving out of range as the damage keeps tickin’ either way.

Even better, the target doesn’t leave range :p

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

funny how this does good spike damage and easier than how DE is designed to be played.
¯\(-3-)

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

TwiceDead.1963

funny how this does good spike damage and easier than how DE is designed to be played.
¯\(-3-)

That’s just Condi for you.

Unless you’re Engineer.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

That’s just Condi for you.

Unless you’re Engineer.

wut, engi condi is good no?

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

TwiceDead.1963

Oh it definitely is, it’s just that Engineers have a habit of playing piano with their kits, making it a tad bit harder to play than other classes.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Dozell Zen.4958

Dozell Zen.4958

I also found the power on rifle to be pretty weak compared to other weapons. With everything set to do max power dps I was only seeing 3-5k crits with rifles stealth attack (which is a condi attack.) I then swapped to d/p and was able to do a 10k backstab with the same build. After messing around I started noticing several of the DE traits/ skills focus around a hybrid playstyle so I converted my build to vipers. Rifle was still meh with this, but it atleast was a decent opener. I ended up using an old p/d condi build from pre HoT but with DE for Shadow Meld. With Shadow Meld, the pistol sneak attack skill can be used 3 times in a row. Combine that with spider venom for more burst condi damage. As for rifle, it seems to be a pretty tactical weapon. It can convert boons to condis for fighting boon spammers so it can be a massive amount of condi dmg.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Good way to annoy the heck out of people with condtions

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

I’ve been using the DE without rifle and the effect is pretty decent. I’m playing around with the traits but the main thing is Shadow Meld. It is a much stronger elite than the others for stealth based gameplay and a good addition to a build that doesn’t take trickery.

I will say that the addition of so many revealed skills made this elite inevitable and I don’t think it was the best choice to avoid powercreep.

I will need to try out the condi rifle variation of the build but I like the P/D for the versatility and autoattack bleed pressure.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Using P/d with the DE spec with Rifle in a Condition build utilizing trappers runes will give a whole lot of stealth and AA damage. That said, the spec is something I want to use in a P/d build going the hybrid route with either the new grievers spec or carrion.

All that might access begs for this and coupled with Vuln stacking it might work out very well. Potent poison with the Immob will be very useful here and Revealed training boosts raw power.

Shadowstrike damage in p/d is as strong as shadowshot out of D/p. While the rest of the power damage weaker in the set there is still CND and the more Power friendly Rifle to swap to as the need arises. DA/SA and DE should work nicely as traitlines. Binding Shadow will be a killer utility and would be used with the new elite, A trap (needle) and and one of a venom or Shadow gust (stunbreak and yet another stealth) . Trait up respite and you have in essence 5 stealth sources just on the utility bar.

This is a whole pile of sneak attacks for bleeds and sneak attack POWER damage is significantly higher then is the regular attack.

It something else I will try before the weekend is up.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: DeeJayTC.5487

DeeJayTC.5487

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I tested this for hours last night. I could not get access to trappers runes in the beta as they have to be forged so the build I want will be better once the real thing comes along.

This build WORKS. It will be more effective then my older p/d build where I found DrD lacking as far as condition damage concerned. This build will also allow me to drop Trickery as the Confusion not really needed due to the ability to get into stealth more often and use sneak attack and immobs on either weapon.

The might access pushes my ticks up much higher then before and all of that nice power attack damage is NOT going to waste as using Carrion you can get some pretty nice power damage strikes.

One thing I did find about going power using the Rifle was that once marked and in trouble the enemy would run out of range and having no port on steal it could be hard to catch him and apply the finishing blow. With hybrid they will often turn to run with bleed or poison stacks on them and ticking. As the video above demonstrates (and this was my experience too) you can get a whole lot of poison stacks on using the Rifle and P/d combo. Coupling that with higher power damage , while at the expense of higher armor, just makes it deadlier.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

I think this is effective because of a bug… it’s supposed to poison upon immob with a 20 second cooldown.

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I think this is effective because of a bug… it’s supposed to poison upon immob with a 20 second cooldown.

No the poison application on Immob does nto have the cooldown. The cooldown is only on the Immob portion of Panic stike. It sort of a two paart skill.

The skill is intended to apply posion anytime an immob applied .

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

saerni.2584

FYI the combo of the stolen skill off ranger with Panic Strike and Potent Poison gives Superspeed, Immobilize and two stacks of poison.

Thief (Daredevil)

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

FYI the combo of the stolen skill off ranger with Panic Strike and Potent Poison gives Superspeed, Immobilize and two stacks of poison.

Stolen skill on necro is 5 stacks of bleed as well

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

so how much was the poison ticking with condi build?

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

saerni.2584

It’s not that the poison was that much higher than on DD. It’s more that the mark provides more flexibility (with 1500 range and no teleport) and consistent access to boons.

Thief (Daredevil)

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Wargameur.6950

The major thing about condi deadeye is that there is no pause in the application of condis & immob.

You are also using the pierce ability which mean aoe condi to an extent…

Never had those thieves duels where both end up downed ? You are so glad to build for condi when that happens ^^

(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Deadeye condi build

in Thief

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Came here to check if there was already a condi build and this is pretty good but I prefer the more varied version.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash