Deadeye theorycrafting

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

Maybe Valkyrie with crit in steath traited?

Can spam kneel to get stealth. Elite skill is a 5s cd that removes reveal and grants stealth. Also has 40s cd shadow gust for stealth.

Also how can we make sure d/p stays meta with the new xpac? If d/p isn’t meta I’m pretty sure this subform will die.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: SkyFurY.6057

SkyFurY.6057

i will still use maurader / beserker mix.

prob rifle + d/p or shortbow for the mobility since u wont have daredevil 3 x dodge anymore(dash).

for traits i would go

deadly arts
trickery ( if new F1 “counts” as steal ) if not critcal strikes

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: CreedOfGod.9764

CreedOfGod.9764

d/p will still be relevant because it kind of counters deadeye’s low mobility. I wouldn’t be upset if it fell out of meta though. Something new would be a nice change.

I’d probably run shortbow with rifle though. you get plenty of stealth through rifle and utilities anyway so some repositioning tools will help

~Ghost Ren~
Stay Low. Move Fast. Kill First. Die Last.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Personally im probably going to go D/P + Rifle. DA/Tr/De, a mix of valk/marauder. Power utility and probably pow/pre food.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

The meta in high level play will probably stay Daredevil. The boon hate may be enough to justify DE, but I don’t think so. The spec isn’t designed well enough to be good unless it’s mathematically overpowered.

CS/SA/DE or DA/CS/DE with D/P

Those 30k+ backstabs one-shotting warriors and the likes with no revealed is pretty dumb and will likely be what’s played unless the rifle does even more damage than backstab.

In which case, that’s just stupid because I could already backstab for >50k with this spec lol.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Do you guys think condi dd will still beat out deadeye for raiding? Or is it too soon to tell. I’m not really digging DE so far, though I guess I need to wait to try it.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Perfice.4097

Perfice.4097

People always have a theory that a certain spec “cannot be good” or “is overpowered” before it comes out. They are almost always wrong.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

People always have a theory that a certain spec “cannot be good” or “is overpowered” before it comes out. They are almost always wrong.

Deadeye’s ability to shake off revealed OP…plz nerf

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

One thing I would really like to see in Tuesdays revamp is the swapping of leeching venoms with the Revealed training trait. This just makes SO much sense.

Assuming such done I can see taking SA with DE and CS.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

P/P+Rifle, 60% Boon duration, Charr for racial
G U N S
U
N
S

Fishsticks

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

One thing I would really like to see in Tuesdays revamp is the swapping of leeching venoms with the Revealed training trait. This just makes SO much sense.

that would be horrible condi thief doesn’t need even more buffs and power thief needs revealed training

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

babazhook.6805

that would be horrible condi thief doesn’t need even more buffs and power thief needs revealed training

Power thief does NOT need revelaed training , and this would be all but neutral for Condi thief (Deadly trapper is taken by many Condi thief). Added to that the new spec favors power in a big way and given the new spec stealth focused SA meshes better with rifle then with condition.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Anyone know what the heal skill is yet?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

ill play d/p / shortbow just because rifle will suck hard after a while when they have got enough money out of people to balance out the “new” elites to normal standards.

rifle thief is slow thief every thief that doesnt have mobility is meat for most of classes out there.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

rifle thief is slow thief every thief that doesnt have mobility is meat for most of classes out there.

Except you can build rifle thief no not be slow… there are options out there, and in Tuesdays patch we may well see speed become baseline if they remove speed signets.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deadeye

Based on what I see here, I’m not seeing anything overly desirable for pve. Malice seems similar to Lead Attacks, in that you stack up 5×3% damage modifiers (malice only works for single targets based on what I’ve read). We’re also giving up our best cleave weapon for the base set + a ranged weapon.

Permastealth is already possible with Trickery/Shadow Arts, so you likely wouldn’t take this traitline for the stealth.

That said, I haven’t seen the numbers yet. Time will tell, I guess.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

D/D DE may have some potential in raids with the “Be quick or be Killed” trait. So long as you have quickness you get a free 200 power ‘n’ precision, and I would assume that would compound well with Revealed Training and Practiced Tolerance.

But its best to wait until the mathematical raiders have done their thing.

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Except you can build rifle thief no not be slow… there are options out there, and in Tuesdays patch we may well see speed become baseline if they remove speed signets.

I don’t think you can afford to go Rifle/SB and rely on the rifle to do the killing, not in sPvP. LoS and projectile denial will destroy Rifle.
Honestly, I don’t think you can afford to lose Unhindered Combatant. Deadeye seems like a dud for PvP.

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The one that really intrigues is Perfectionist. While it understood there going to be a lot of boon hate , I am thinking on a build with some manner of Boon duration .

It has an 8 second cooldown So I think if you able to maintain the malice stacks you can retrigger this boon application at 8 seconds.

This gives access to virtually all the boons currently available out of Trickery and Acro line with protection added. I can see potential here with P/P that also uses the IP trait from the CS line wherein Malificent 7 also traited for added heals.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Deadeye theorycrafting

in Thief

babazhook.6805

I have not seen other runesets yet but this might work for a DE for what I have in mind.

(1): +25 Power
(2): +35 Precision
(3): +50 Power
(4): +65 Precision
(5): +100 Power
(6): You deal 7% more damage to foes that have no boons.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Spellbreaker