Death Blossom

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Crucify.1649

Crucify.1649

@Einlanzer.1627 – I really… don’t think that’s a good idea. In general, I am really against condition damage because of how it scales, where engineers can hit you once and do 1k dps + and can kite away whilst doing damage/block/invuln. Burns double, sometimes triple their damage (if they’re a guardian) with the amount of a regular condition build and bleeds can be stacked recklessly. I really don’t think condition damage needs another boost or any change for that matter. It is good where it’s at right now. Poison can already be applied every 9-10 seconds with doom sigils by any class, already enough to dominate another player with multiple condition removals with a base of 6 seconds multiplying up to a max of 12 seconds of poison.

Chase Me Like A Puppy [woof]

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

replace the bleed with vulnerability?

The move then becomes useless for the condi users, and power users, if using D/D, are mostly just using CnD and backstabbing so it won’t do a thing for them.

just spitballin ideas tbh.

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

In my opinion, what really needs to happen is that Poison needs to do a bit more damage or stack in some way so that it could benefit more from condition damage.

I think everything needs to be able to stack. Not for any balance reasons, but simply because it’s a MMO. It’s just illogical to put any mechanics in the game which goes against the game being multiplayer, and thats exactly what’s happening with poison/burn.

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: GenoGar.5497

GenoGar.5497

What would be cool is if DB was 2x as quick, does zero damage, stacks small amount of bleeds, and costs 1 less initiative. Then it would be primarily a repositioning skill that would not break stealth but still apply offensive pressure.

The only thing I hate about DB is that it lasts so long for so little evade with little to no utility for what it costs to use. I would love it for it to be a graceful version of S/D3. The thief would be truly dancing around enemies.

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

In my opinion, what really needs to happen is that Poison needs to do a bit more damage or stack in some way so that it could benefit more from condition damage.

I think everything needs to be able to stack. Not for any balance reasons, but simply because it’s a MMO. It’s just illogical to put any mechanics in the game which goes against the game being multiplayer, and thats exactly what’s happening with poison/burn.

Yeah, true. It really should even if they need to rebalance it.

Death Blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Crucify.1649

Crucify.1649

@Xae Isareth.1364 – Off topic, but if they even think of creating the other damaging conditions such as poison and especially burning to stack like bleeding, they should reconsider the scaling of burning whereas burning alone can do as much as 900/sec with a normal condition build.

@GenoGar.5497 – It does not make sense that you are whirling around them; causing bleed stacks and not do direct damage. That is why choking gas was nerfed to deal a sliver of damage just to reveal yourself and simply because it was a strong skill (still is).

Every dual-wielding skill is different in its own way, I don’t think they would change the animation to something similar of another one due to originality. The only thing I agree with your statement is the little evade; everything else is fine – the utility of the skill is great, you just need to use it correctly.

Chase Me Like A Puppy [woof]