Death Blossom?

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

Are there any plans to increase the evade time on this move? Or is it bugged and doesn’t give any evade currently?

I am smacked out of the air 100% of the time while using this move….as in it doesn’t evade….ever.

I realize pretty much NO ONE uses this move…but isn’t that reason enough to take a look at it? All I read about in Thief is P/D for Cond, and then 90% of thief’s just going D/D burst…..with staff move set pretty much just complimenting the horde now….

Shouldn’t your moves that no one’s looking at get a rework to make them viable?

Or at least fixed if they are bugged? >.>

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Are there any plans to increase the evade time on this move? Or is it bugged and doesn’t give any evade currently?

I am smacked out of the air 100% of the time while using this move….as in it doesn’t evade….ever.

I realize pretty much NO ONE uses this move…but isn’t that reason enough to take a look at it? All I read about in Thief is P/D for Cond, and then 90% of thief’s just going D/D burst…..with staff move set pretty much just complimenting the horde now….

Shouldn’t your moves that no one’s looking at get a rework to make them viable?

Or at least fixed if they are bugged? >.>

I use it all the time. But, yes, the evade portion should be improved.

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Luclinraider.2317

I agree. Whats the technical evade timer on dodging? Is it 3/4 Second….1 Second?

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

I mean. Flanking strike and Death blossom have the same initiative cost. Take the same amount of time to cast….yet flanking strike is 1/2 sec evade and death blossom is 1/4 sec evade. The 1/4 sec extra really does make a difference and i agree that the skill is underpowered. And possibly why lots of people dont run DD…other than backstab.

the only reason for this i can see is that after flanking strike you must use larcenous strike therefor spacing out the evade spam. But i mean once you are out of initiative thats it.

How could Death blossom be fixed so it isnt 100% spam/evade time?
1. increase the cast time of death blossom to 3/4 sec and increase evade to 1/2 sec?
2. Increase initiative cost to 5 but increase evade time to 1/2 sec? In this scenario it would deplete initiative quite quickly if you were to spam but would allow a chain of evades in necessary.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

(edited by Treeoflife.4031)

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Luclinraider.2317

I don’t think it needs much of a change at all. I just think the evade timer needs to be changed from 1/4 second to 1/2 second….that’s it. I also think its hit mechanics needs to be fixed. Ive done it on AFK targets…meaning they arent even moving. And it still applies only 2 stacks of bleed, or even 1 sometimes……all 3 need to land more often than not unless the target it literally in the middle of dodging

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I don’t think it needs much of a change at all. I just think the evade timer needs to be changed from 1/4 second to 1/2 second….that’s it. I also think its hit mechanics needs to be fixed. Ive done it on AFK targets…meaning they arent even moving. And it still applies only 2 stacks of bleed, or even 1 sometimes……all 3 need to land more often than not unless the target it literally in the middle of dodging

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Death Blossom?

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Yes i agree that if the attack is not dodged…all 3 bleeds should apply. I do see a small problem with the attack cast time and dodge time being the same. It would promote an evade spam on d/d that would be no better than the perma stealth of d/p.

That’s why i say if they fix the bleed problem…increase the dodge time to 1/2 sec they will need to do something to balance it. people will complain about the spam anyways so why not beat em to it and find a way to slightly balance it….like so

3 stacks of bleed on successful hit(not 1 or 2).
1/2 sec cast time…1/2 sec evade. increase initiative cost to 5.
If attack successfully hits target return 1 initiative.

This way if used properly you get your bleeds and 1/2 sec evade. But if you spam you are likely to miss at some point and will cost you 1 initiative every time you miss.

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch