Death blossom

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

i just wondering how many thief out there use this skill ?

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Are you talking PvP, WvW or PvE?

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

There are 2 ways of using D/D (with variations to each one, but they are the base):

- Zerker, focused on CnD+Backstab and Heartseeker both as damage dealer and as tactical evade and gap closer.

- Massive evasion condition builds. Here you will see HEAVY use of Death Blossom along both trait and utility caltrops.

The thing with initiative is that as it allows to exploit the skill you want, you basically restrict yourself to those ones to get the most optimized numbers you can get, so on zerker except for tactical ocasional use, you will rarely see Death Blossom as it’s better suited for Carrion Thieves.

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

There are 2 ways of using D/D (with variations to each one, but they are the base):

- Zerker, focused on CnD+Backstab and Heartseeker both as damage dealer and as tactical evade and gap closer.

- Massive evasion condition builds. Here you will see HEAVY use of Death Blossom along both trait and utility caltrops.

The thing with initiative is that as it allows to exploit the skill you want, you basically restrict yourself to those ones to get the most optimized numbers you can get, so on zerker except for tactical ocasional use, you will rarely see Death Blossom as it’s better suited for Carrion Thieves.

I hate that people automatically assume that all condition thieves run Carrion…

/mysterious

Death blossom

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

/mysterious

Well, Apothecary and similar specs have some use too on Thief (though better when mixed with Carrion). Rabid and Rampager are complete waste of atribute points on Thief. Never use those on a Thief. Really, never.

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

I use a primary Zerker gear with about 500 or so healing power (including 300 from traits) because it works really well in zergs but since it’s my only build I use it for solo play as well. I find that when running solo with signet of malice death blossom can make you REALLY hard to kill so I use it in my combos to dodge big attacks and to heal up when im low. I find it a very effective skill.

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

/mysterious

Well, Apothecary and similar specs have some use too on Thief (though better when mixed with Carrion). Rabid and Rampager are complete waste of atribute points on Thief. Never use those on a Thief. Really, never.

Apothecary is the neglected child of gear. Glad you remembered it. That’s all I wanted in life. ;-;

Death blossom

in Thief

Taobella.6597

i get that you make a build out of it. but i mean does anyone run it and sorry i only meant for S pvp / WvW

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

/mysterious

Apothecary is the neglected child of gear. Glad you remembered it. That’s all I wanted in life. ;-;

Apothecary? How do you think I feel…I run settler’s….The odds of us getting an ascended version of settlers are like the odds I get mauled by a bear and a polar bear in the same day. :c

For WvW it’s pretty much not viable since people can just kite you around and dodge every single death blossom. For sPvP it’s more common for contesting points since your opponent can’t really run or they lose the point, but it’s still outclassed by the evasion direct damage thief.

(edited by Simplicity.7208)

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

i get that you make a build out of it. but i mean does anyone run it and sorry i only meant for S pvp / WvW

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/PVP-D-D-dodger-build-updated-14-09-2013

dubble D/D evade/condi build
This is 1 of my most loved builds i play in spvp.
( It may look easy to play it , but trust me its not easy to pull off successfully )

Death blossom

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

I don’t run it, but there are multiple videos on youtube about that build and I can assure you it’s a succesful one, so yes, it’s good for PvP. I’ve also find many of thos acrobat bleeders in WvW and they’re as annoying as a stealther if they know how to play.

Death blossom

in Thief

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

I run a D/D condition set up.

From my perspective, there are two main ways to play it.

1) the “Stealth” variant (what I run)
0/0/30/20/20
Hide in Shadows.
Better against enemy condition builds.
Shadow Rejuvenation and conditions have great synergy with Stealth. You get 3 seconds of healing to yourself while they bleed out.
You get to run a second weapon set without gimping your build. Either P/D or SB.
Struggles a little in SPvP due to how Stealth interacts with conquest-based game-play
I mostly run it for WvW. Stealth+SB make you extremely slippery. I can solo Supply camps in under a minute. Stealth aids you in naturally fighting 1vsX situations.

2) the “Evasion” variant
x/x/x/30/30
Choice between Signet of Malice and Withdraw. If you like Signet of Malice, I highly recommend Apothecaries gear and the trait in Acrobatics which heals based on initiative usage. If you run Withdraw, take the trait that gives Vigor on heal.
Most effective with D/D+D/D with an Energy Sigil on each set. The idea is that whenever you swap weapons, you get a chunk of Initiative and half your dodge-bar.

The biggest problem with D/D condition builds is that you only really have one condition. Auto attacks can land a short duration poison, and you can toss out a Dancing Dagger every once in a while (great against Eles and Guardians, since their condition removal usually only gets rid of one condition at a time). You won’t kill even a mediocre bunker Guardian. You can supplement your conditions with a Venom; Scale Venom is preferred since it applies two conditions, making it harder to remove them all.

I haven’t tested out Dire Gear yet, but I’m uncertain whether it will offer more durability than Apothecaries. Carrion offers two offensive stats, whereas Apothecaries offers two defensive stats. Dire seems like an in-between, since, while it offers two defensive stats, it’s primary stat is still Condition Damage.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

Death blossom

in Thief

Taobella.6597

ah cool thanks guys :P i wondering how many people play it xD