Deaths Retreat - Forward?

in Thief

Posted by: DeeJayTC.5487

DeeJayTC.5487

Did anyone notice that deaths retreat can actually tp forwards not only backwards?

It moves you away from your target..when i was chased i thought it would tp me behind the one who chased me but actually it ported me further away.

If your target is in your back you get tped forward

in Thief

Posted by: TheDeafGuy.4519

TheDeafGuy.4519

You can just about face and deaths retreat also

in Thief

Posted by: Blackari.2051

Blackari.2051

ofc, it is porting you in the opposite direction of your target, it didnt state it will port you backwards but away from target

in Thief

Posted by: Platanos.8107

Platanos.8107

ofc, it is porting you in the opposite direction of your target, it didnt state it will port you backwards but away from target

Can you spend at least 5 seconds researching before spewing out misinformation?

Directly from the tooltip on the wiki, which takes 5 seconds or fewer to get to, it says, “Shadowstep backward and lose conditions. Poisons foes at your starting location”.

And yes, I checked in game too.

in Thief

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

It would be nice if it always move you forward then it’s like having a weaker sb in hand to move around

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Death’s Retreat is completely perfect as is. If you want to leap forward you can click the ground to drop target and use about face. It’s supposed to be a retreat so I can understand them wanting it to always move away from the target. It just takes a little extra effort to use it in the opposite way. I would however love for them to improve the pathing when you got a hill/pebble behind you. I’d think they improved their technology enough by now to not make the same mistakes P/D 3 has. I guess it’s hard to notice those though when it’s a weapon set they’ve never used along with 99% of the rest of the Thieves out there.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Death’s Retreat.

The kit is weak in anything but max range scenarios. Why the heck would it move you towards your target?

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Death’s Retreat.

The kit is weak in anything but max range scenarios. Why the heck would it move you towards your target?

Because back-pedaling while running away has always been a top-strat when it comes to retreating maneuvers. /shrug

Jokes aside, I imagine it’s for travel purposes, a hopeful replacement for Shortbow perhaps? Albeit inferior, but hey! At least it’s instant.