Despite How It May Seem

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

I still have hope in you guys I know I have been quite the forum warrior, I just want the Daredevil to be all that I had imagined. I still have to say my dream would be to log in on launch and see a whole bunch of really well done martial arts looking animations in place of what it had, and I would expect no less from you guys. But for all the posts I have done, guess I just want to say I still feel you guys will surprise me yet again and all this worry is for nothing. I would also like to thank any dev reading this for all the hard work being done.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

#BELIEVEINKARL

/15characters

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Slowmelt.8547

Slowmelt.8547

I can’t imagine how you are keeping hope at this point.
I’ve already moved my unlimited tools and kits to another character.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I’ve accepted that thief isn’t a real profession anymore. You should too, OP.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Now you’re just being melodramatic. Thief is still competitive…just not in the way most of us would like.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Now you’re just being melodramatic. Thief is still competitive…just not in the way most of us would like.

Thief can be competitive but it really only has one use (which isn’t that great, I don’t wanna be just a capper/+1er), while other professions have multiple. It’s not really a matter of viability, it’s just that thief has no diversity. It’s also always had recycled animations, so no surprise the daredevil was the same.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Eh, I still have a ton of success PvP’ing with my S/D Thief, believe it or not. I’m not even talking about +1’ing either so I’m not as negative as you guys buuuut we do need some love. I am confident we’ll bounce back up though. Luckily, if we don’t, I still got my Revenant’s ascended gear all ready hahaha.

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Basically, devs decided to nerf thief to a point where most players don’t enjoy it? Doesn’t sound like great design to me.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: bloodymarx.9052

bloodymarx.9052

Basically, devs decided to nerf thief to a point where most players don’t enjoy it? Doesn’t sound like great design to me.

Correction: the devs nerfed the class to a point where most thief players don’t enjoy it.

Other classes don’t mind this at all, unless there’s a thief on their own team. But even in that case, it’s not like they are going to go to the forums to complain about thieves being useless. Only thieves would complain about thieves being underpowered.

And as the number of thief players decreases, the developers have less and less incentive to work on thieves. In the end, all they’ll do is to only put in a token effort to develop the class.
Seeing the quality of the daredevil, we might already be at this stage. Tuesday’s patch notes will reveal whether this is the case. That’s because we’ll see then if the developers are willing to put in any more effort than the minimum. (Said minimum is fixing the errors of the daredevil and tweaking its numbers for BWE3.)

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Correction: the devs nerfed the class to a point where most thief players don’t enjoy it.

Other classes don’t mind this at all, unless there’s a thief on their own team. But even in that case, it’s not like they are going to go to the forums to complain about thieves being useless. Only thieves would complain about thieves being underpowered.

And as the number of thief players decreases, the developers have less and less incentive to work on thieves. In the end, all they’ll do is to only put in a token effort to develop the class.
Seeing the quality of the daredevil, we might already be at this stage. Tuesday’s patch notes will reveal whether this is the case. That’s because we’ll see then if the developers are willing to put in any more effort than the minimum. (Said minimum is fixing the errors of the daredevil and tweaking its numbers for BWE3.)

Nah, they go on forums to cry why they get 2-3 thieves on team kek

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

like the ESL commentator said:
“ressing thiefs exploding left and right”
:)

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Now this is mostly from a PvE viewpoint :

- Engineer and Mesmer despite not having as good upkeep of group aoe stealth, are still able to do them sufficiently to the point my SR with my low hp was not needed.

- Now Engineer has a Stealth gyro and Ranger’s pet has kitten smoke field in 20s CD. Ranger can drop the smoke field and blast up to 3 times now(Warhorn #5, Staff #3 and Staff #3 in celestial mode) and others just have to provide few blasts. Rangers can also self stealth sufficiently if they swap to an armor set with trapper runes just to skip mobs.

Of course we have to see in BWE how much of a practical use they hold but we can at least assume that those skills of Engi and Ranger really help augment their group utility further than they already have much more so than thief ever can achieve.

As for blind Engi can keep up blinds not as well as a thief but still can cover about 12s with around 10s down time.. Ele can help with that too.

But ultimately, Revenant having the ability to spam 5s blind and 2s protection every 2s with ventari tablet traited was the final nail for me.

Goodbye my beloved Thief, I loved playing you but Anet really buffed other chars so well that they really outclass you while performing your roles plentifully.

(edited by kevvy.5081)

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Despite How It May Seem

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

I have hope every day that I play my S/D Thief in PvP or WvW.
Then I actually get into a fight………………………….

[PUSH] Constant Pressure