Did Dagger damage comp. - Increase by +- 30%!

in Thief

Posted by: Boika.5367

Boika.5367

I made sure everything was same like traits, extra damage from conditions, executioner’s damage boost, and force sigil.

Most I managed to hit heavy golem with dagger’s (for example) Double Strike’s first hit was around 850 crit.

Karl managed to get to 1286 damage with double strike’s first hit. Picture is attached. So dagger autoattack damage increase can be compared to sword’s 30% speed increase.

Thief’s back bois.

Attachments:

(edited by Boika.5367)

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

That’s awesome.

Is there any way Karl could confirm the damage increase?

in Thief

Boika.5367

Ok, added my own picture with damage also.

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

quickness is genuinely useful again \o/

in Thief

Posted by: Dakarius.3284

Dakarius.3284

wowow 30% is crazy!

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

Genuinely didn’t expect them to buff dagger as high as 30%. Sword was in desperate need of that speed buff tho – landing a full AA chain in pvp was nigh impossible

in Thief

Boika.5367

Genuinely didn’t expect them to buff dagger as high as 30%. Sword was in desperate need of that speed buff tho – landing a full AA chain in pvp was nigh impossible

Yeah I actually was surprised also. I havent really compared the rest of the autoattack chain, but as I remember, Karl managed to hit 3369 with Wild Strike. My wild strike was around 2600 max. But I think Karl could even hit harder since that was just one number that crit under the executioner threshold.

Too tired atm to check other numbers though.

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

u are wrong. your dmg was lower beocuse u didnt get 30% dmg bonus form condi and executioner trait.

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

This is the worst kind of balance that can happen. This game has too good combat to be relying on delivering majority of damage through mindless auto-attack. Sure it does look nice they are finally fixing thief, but auto-attack is not the way to do it.
There were comments during stream that said “auto-attack meta” and they weren’t that far-fetched.

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

wow, dagger damage wasn’t that far off, it was about balanced. I wouldn’t have added more than 5-10% in any case

in Thief

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

This does sound rather strong! Sadly, it might be too much for pvp/wvw and just right for pve. Let’s see how they respond to the incoming cries of woe!

Puz – TDA

in Thief

Boika.5367

u are wrong. your dmg was lower beocuse u didnt get 30% dmg bonus form condi and executioner trait.

You must have forgot to read the first paragraph. I obviously made sure golem was below 50% health, and that he had condition on

in Thief

Posted by: Darkk.3018

Darkk.3018

30% is quite a big buff I think. Combined with our new passive evasion and unblockable basilisk venom I worry about us being seen as a dumbed down and skill-less class like certain other professions currently. With the other buffs, I think a 15-20% damage increase would have been better to test the waters. Looking holistically at all other known changes and statements the devs made about this meta, I guess they really want to make sure that there is no remote chance of a bunker meta next season, which I am quite happy about. Still, they are taking us into deep waters which will be quite interesting to see as it develops. The increased attack speed of s/d is very nice and I think s/d did deserve a buff after the amount of times they nerfed it. Coupled with daredevil dodges and the new passive evasion, it has a good chance of seeing a return to meta. Again though, I worry that the new passive evasion when combined with daredevil dodges will cause everyone to call us cancerous like the chrono bunker mesmer is now with all their invulns, evades and blocks. I do agree that we needed more survivability, but not sure if giving us passives was the answer…it does give us what other classes have I suppose…mixed feelings.

Thanks for testing out by the way.

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Yes, they should tone down all passives of all classes.
The Bunker Meta might go away but the brainless meta is still there.
I hope ESL does some good fights and discussions with the devs about what this game needs.

in Thief

Posted by: Urejt.5648

Urejt.5648

cool buff still no chance vs revenant due to 5 second tount

Yo Hooj Jest Pole

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Confirmed, also tested this and got pretty much the same for Double Strike (which is about a 50% increase). Wild Strike is up by maybe 5% (could just be RNG), Lotus Strike is up by about 30%.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

@ OP: Thanks for testing this!

I gotta admit, I’m a bit unsure about what I think on this yet.

From a PvE perspective:
This will be a great help to make Thief worth taking in raids, but if this makes AA dps better than backstabs, then it’ll be pretty sad to see Thief just AA to get max dps.

From a PvP perspective:
With the bunker/DH nerfs and everything, I’m not sure this was entirely needed. As long as this doesn’t swing us into the wildly OP direction though, I’m happy.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Disappointing and unnecessary buff that further pushes us into D/P and rather skill-less play. The AA chain already hits harder than most other classes. I don’t understand why this was done.

in Thief

Posted by: Divided by zero.9370

Divided by zero.9370

The AA chain already hits harder than most other classes.

ROFLMAO get out of here you troll you