Did Shadow Refuge get a ninja nerf or bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: GambLeo.9062

GambLeo.9062

I used to be able to activate SR and enter the active circle and depending on how long I remained I would get anywhere from 3 to 10 sec of stealth. I could leave the circle at any time and use up the stealth time that I had accumulated. Now shadow refuge only allows me to keep stealth if i stay in for the full duration of the effect circle. If I attempt to leave early then i instantly get revealed. This is a huge change because sometimes being chased by a large group all you need is a few seconds of stealth to turn a corner but since you have to remain in the circle now the large group just spams aoe and attack in the circle and I die. When did we get nerfed yet again or is this a new bug?

in Thief

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

This is an intended effect, Shadow refuge stacks up to 10 seconds of stealth (more with traits) as long as you stay inside the circle, if you want a few seconds of stealth you can use readily, you might want to use the Major trait that gives stealth on steal (deadly arts line), Blinding Powder (which also blinds nearby foes, giving you an edge in dodging attacks), Hide in Shadows (also heals) or Cloak and Dagger (but I think it needs a target)

Secretly creative

in Thief

Posted by: GambLeo.9062

GambLeo.9062

Okay so maybe it was bugged previously and now working as intended. Nothing in the tooltip indicates that this is how its supposed to work. No other method of stealth breaks the stealth timer without using some sort of combat action or skill.

in Thief

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I believe they put a stealth cap to 15s max stealth time.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Yeah, it has been this way since the betas. Going out of it breaks Stealth and puts Revealed on you.

In fact before a fix, it removed stealth even after ending, the trigger line was still there making you break stealth when going out of the then invisible line. Thankfully that was fixed.

in Thief

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Yeah, it has been this way since the betas. Going out of it breaks Stealth and puts Revealed on you.

In fact before a fix, it removed stealth even after ending, the trigger line was still there making you break stealth when going out of the then invisible line. Thankfully that was fixed.

It’s still bugged for me, wait for the full duration, move and stealth breaks, other times I don’t even get to stealth the skill just doesn’t work at all…

in Thief

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

Well, it must be buggy, because fairly often during combat, I can move outside the circle and maintain stealth, but it’s inconsistent. So definitely buggy, but we don’t know which is the bug, losing stealth leaving the circle, or maintaining stealth after leaving the circle.

in Thief

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

using effects like infiltrator’s arrow a sufficient distance from the circle also allows you to maintain stealth.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

No problems here. If you wait for the combo field to go away you can move freely in stealth. If you get knocked back, or shadowstep away you will appear to be out of stealth on your client but no one can see you and you still have the stealth icon. If you move away, get knockeed back or shadowstep out of the combo field while it is still active you will loose stealth and get revealed.

in Thief

Posted by: Adein.2031

Adein.2031

They buffed/nerfed it in one go:

Before, you had to stand in the circle for a much longer duration to get the full stealth duration. If you left, you would only get a partial duration of stealth.

Now you only have to stand in the circle for a little bit (4 seconds I think?) to get the full duration. If you leave early, you lose stealth and get the revealed debuff.

Also keep in mind that sometimes you will be stealthed (you will see the buff icon), but on your screen you are not in stealth. However, I’m not sure if this is a local bug (i.e. you are stealthed to everyone else, just not on your screen), or a global bug (i.e. you have the buff icon but everyone can still see you). From my experience it seems it’s the former – you’re actually in stealth, it just doesn’t look like it on your screen.

Adein – SLAY – Thief – Ehmry Bay

in Thief

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

The way SR works you can also sometimes use is as a bit of misdirection. Pop SR, then pop another stealth skill which I think will give you 3-4 sec stealth that wont end when you leave the SR. So opponent thinks you’re in the SR… but you quickly run around behind him and backstab/pistol whip/whatever. To be honest i havent tried this but i am sure someone did it to me recently, and i thought – you sneaky kitten!!! hahah

in Thief

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

You have to stay in the circle ’till the house goes away, then you can go out and stay stealth.