Distractions

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

In case you missed it, Rubi said “this will be a distracting week” on the artwork reveal tweet. How do you think we will distract our opponents? My instant thought was clones, but you know…Mesmer. Worst case it just means we are a distraction to our opponents (would rather be an actual threat), but I believe it references our new mechanic. Speculate below.

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I was thinking the same thing: CLONES. Look at that weird shadow in front of the Daredevil, it looks like a a vanishing former-self of the characters. Maybe I just too excited.

By distraction, I also thought a huge amount of teleportations, Teleportation allows to multiple location like an overpowered, Shadowstep.

Or by “distracting” she simply means the coming PoI & PAX event.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

given the leaked name of daredevil i immediately thought that it’d be more of a hard CC more tanky based spec for thief (something that’s missing big time) and the distraction would be more the thief than something else.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Technically the Mesmer class mechanic isn’t clone generation, the class mechanic is shattering.

And I’m pretty sure ‘daredevil’ was a development title, not intended to make it to release.

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

Maybe throwing some object that is producing a sound which distracts (read: taunts) enemies.

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

With any luck, a theory of mine might have been “post-cognitive” in that Distractions may allow us a way to break the Reveal debuff.

And if so …

… we’re either going to become the same QQ b’awwwww-fest as before or quite possibly the reason everyone got all that Reveal.

Attachments:

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

if the E spec really receives anything thats based of Distraction, then I could see for an melle based martial artist only mechanic improvements.

Like the E-Spec becoming able to not perform only Shadow Steps, but to perform instead Shadow Walks, that aren’t just only quick teleportations, but instead phase shifts in which you create over time Shadow Clones of yourself which will distract your foes from you…

something similar like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhB97Mu8vDA

Recklessly fast shadow stepping, that it is similar to stealth, but, you can be seen sometimes, but you won’t know, if that what you see is currently the real one, or just an afterimage/shadow clone of yourself that will only distract you.

Disctraction is then very effective, when you overwhelm an enemy with visual information, more visual information, than you can register with your eyes and that very fast, if the Thief Elite Spec would get this fast and reckless, just a tiny bit in that direction, then i think its a kind of distraction that will work with an martial artistical themed class and make thief finally again king of agility

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Sounds like we are getting the Monkey King spec.

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

thief clones + shatter?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

thief clones + shatter?

Probably just shadow clones without the shatter. Instead, the clone looks exactly like us that can deal damage albeit less —- maybe 25%- 30% damage. Then after a duration, the clone disappears and blinds or daze everyone around them or something.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

thief clones + shatter?

Probably just shadow clones without the shatter. Instead, the clone looks exactly like us that can deal damage albeit less —- maybe 25%- 30% damage. Then after a duration, the clone disappears and blinds or daze everyone around them or something.

Man, for some reason I thought of Zed when I saw that pic…. We could potentially swap places with the clones…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Distractions

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

thief clones + shatter?

Man, for some reason I thought of Zed when I saw that pic…. We could potentially swap places with the clones…

Mesmer already do that with their Sword skill…it means we may be able to do it too.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So… might be opposite of the hopeful post I made in the other thread…

But “distractions” and the “daredevil” could turn out to be very gimmicky…

The “daredevil” already has an association with risk/reward in it’s name (and they seem to theme them likewise)… and “distractions” (thinking back at WoW Rogue’s “Distract” skill…) could be something as silly as say, throw a smoke grenade (AoE) that creates a dark field that blinds (ha… blinding powder…) with a ridiculously long CD. Or like, throw a flash bang (AoE), that blinds/dazes the targets, again on a ridiculously long CD.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Amante.8109

Amante.8109

I like the idea of a weapon and/or spec based around shadow clones; something like Mesmer Sword #2 seems like it’d fit the Thief well. Dunno if that’s what we’ll actually get, but here’s to hoping…

Distractions

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Has anyone played Braid? There’s a section where any time you rewind, a shadow of yourself redoes what you just rewound while you can do whatever you like. Clever puzzle mechanic. Could also be interesting having clones that mimic what you do instead of just AI that do their own thing like Mesmer clones.

Distractions

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Has anyone played Braid? There’s a section where any time you rewind, a shadow of yourself redoes what you just rewound while you can do whatever you like. Clever puzzle mechanic. Could also be interesting having clones that mimic what you do instead of just AI that do their own thing like Mesmer clones.

That would be weird and ackward to control…what if your clone is behind your target, you have to turn around so your clone will hit them? O.o?