Do thieves have boon strip?

in Thief

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

Hi. I was fighting against a thief and a guardian in pvp (they were always together). I noticed that every time I tried to stomp the guardian with 5 stacks of stability, it would all immediately disappear and I would become vulnerable to CC. I know I used stability, as it would go on CD, but it was gone before even one second ticked on the CD.

What was even weirder was once they were both in a downed state and it still happened. I was in Foefire btw. Thanks in advance for the explanation.

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Yesh:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bountiful_Theft

But he can’t steal from downstade tho :P

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Thief

Posted by: Zethyrius.8692

Zethyrius.8692

Thieves have the boon rip previously listed, but what probably got you when both were down was: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Searing_Flames
Virtue activates → burn → lose stability
Has to be rather lucky about the internal cooldown though, but that’s the only thing I think would be possible.

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Sigil of nullification?
Not sure if people use it though.

in Thief

Zethyrius.8692

Sigil of nullification?
Not sure if people use it though.

True; that’s possible, too.
Not saying that you can’t be right, as it IS another option, but I’d say it’s more likely for a guard to take a trait than for someone to take a nearly-never-used sigil.

in Thief

Posted by: smug.3895

smug.3895

Thanks for the awesome responses. So I gather that all of these things remove the whole stack?

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I would assume so as a single condi removal clears all bleed stack at once.

in Thief

Zethyrius.8692

There is nothing that removes part of a stack of anything, other than stability being consumed stack-wise by CC and stacking conditions fading one-by-one based on when they were applied. Removal removes stacks.

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I wish boon steal gave the whole stack that it stole, instead of just one instance of a boon <:(

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-