Does /Laugh help you win?

in Thief

Posted by: Rok.5260

Rok.5260

Emoting /Laugh and taunting help you win when roaming 1v1 in wvw? From MY experience, I’ve noticed Thieves are the most who do this.

Earlier today I was on my Mesmer when a Thief tried to gank me but I was able to escape, he then used a /laugh emote. So I went back and fought him ’till he used SR, I focus pulled him out of it and preceded to burst him down, and I was able to down him. Right after that he tried to invite me to talk to him, but I was in no mood, so ya…

in Thief

Posted by: Seni.7162

Seni.7162

Nothing quite like vindication, eh?

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I usually only laugh if someone runs from me or I manage to drop someone who overextended from the group that was trying to kill me and/or my roaming partner.

I find that nothing gives me more rage adds/whisps than laughing on a corpse before proceeding to corpsejump them. <3

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

“/laugh OP, plz nerf”

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

I was in the JP yesterday and met a thief as I was going up to get one half of the key. I usually meet very polite players on the way who just go about their own business without needing to prove their manhood. So I assumed this guy was one of them too. Then he pops thieves guild and starts off hitting me with a heartseeker and managed to get a backstab off. By this time I was at half health and still just tried to ignore him, but he wouldn’t let me.

Now I didn’t reach r42 in sPvP by dying to thieves, so I fought back. And killed him. While he was downed, I placed a phantasmal defender on him to repel his attacks.

And then I laughed.

Oh yes, I laughed long and hard over that dead thief’s body. In my experience, it’s the thieves who really need to stroke their ego by ganking peaceful roamers.

So when they force me to teach them a lesson, I enjoy it. Often I can prevent them from running away by typing “lol” (not in WvW) or by using the laugh emote. It’s worked for me more often than with any other class.

Now why is that hmmm?

in Thief

Posted by: AYxC.3850

AYxC.3850

…While I prefer to use /bow, /wave, or /salute.
I hated using /laugh for some reason. :/

Edit: Even if I ever do /laugh… I didn’t mean it. >?>

Crevlis Silverin [LYNX] – Thief

“Patience is the key to winning.”

(edited by AYxC.3850)

in Thief

Posted by: Seetoo.9316

Seetoo.9316

A little off topic, but…

Is there a way to make my thief laugh every time I use a certain skill? I just want to hear the laughing (no need to see an animation).

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m not playing thief but i’m often /laughing, /waving oder /beckoning when there are multiple people running away from me. Mesmers are slow, so i need some way to keep them at me :>

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I /laugh at people when they camp next to tower entrances to lure them out, then kill them.

in Thief

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

The only time I have used it is in WvW when we found an engineer using teleport hacks to escape from us and we still managed to corner him and kill him. I did /laugh to be rude to the hacker because I don’t agree with using hacks in a game.

I personally never see thieves using /laugh on our server – most times it is always another profession.

in Thief

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

I /laugh at people who deserve it, no matter what character I happen to be playing.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I never /laugh. However, I do /shrug if I get jumped by someone and manage to kill them after they blow everything in an attempt to kill me immediately.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

I don’t /laugh after killing someone. It is plain rude and immature.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

i got /laughed by ppl after they killed me 4v1 or even more…
sometimes i laugh when players avoid the fight, when they don’t even come out from the wp …
the problem is there aren’t emotes like /spit or /rude

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i got /laughed by ppl after they killed me 4v1 or even more…
sometimes i laugh when players avoid the fight, when they don’t even come out from the wp …
the problem is there aren’t emotes like /spit or /rude

i would like other emotes, like pee (or poo) on somebody’s dead body after you killed him :P
just for added humiliation
maybe digging a grave too ?

just adds some self accomplishment while the defeated tastes the frustration along with the injury

(edited by DanH.5879)

in Thief

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Using a pvp finisher in wve is enough fun for me.
But sometimes i like going tealth and /dance, see how thy react xD. Sometimes they attack me, in which case ill kill them, sometimes they just bandage and try to kill me anyway, which results in my downing them over and over unill they die from downed penalty : D.
Sometimes i use a quaggan tonic and circle them while theyre downed
Or when im on my engi put bandages on them xD.

Yea… Good times.
When im in a solo outnumbered i have no choice to kill them all though… Sometimes i leave the last one alive for fun.

Cheers,
Alissah

Edit: laughing is just rude :O!

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Thief

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

I mean that in a way that we are playing against other people and we are all here to have fun. They are not enemies and most people don’t mean any ill will, they are people we play with and acting part of the game as it is intended.

If we play with other people we should always practice a little bit of restraint (especially on the net where you cannot see other people or understand if it offensive to their culture) that it doesn’t go to the point of needlessly offending someone for no valid reason.

I come from a generation before mmo and we play with other kids on the street, we don’t have the luxury of sitting behind the safety of computer screen throwing insults to random people.

in Thief

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Now I didn’t reach r42 in sPvP by dying to thieves, so I fought back.

Everytime I hear the rank in SPvP as a measurement of skill, I laugh too.

in Thief

bhagwad.4281

Now I didn’t reach r42 in sPvP by dying to thieves, so I fought back.

Curious. If rank in sPvP is not a measure of skill in 1v1, then what is?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Am I the only that types /Bow when I faced an equal opponent that actually made me use all my skills to win?

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

this is when i miss the old hotkey emotion buttons :P cant have em on this game. oh well :/

in Thief

bhagwad.4281

Am I the only that types /Bow when I faced an equal opponent that actually made me use all my skills to win?

I bow when it was a good fight and we both got ready for a 1v1 beforehand by /bowing even before the fight started.

If a thief suddenly jumps on me out of nowhere and I kill him, no /bow is deserved because it wasn’t an honorable fight to start with. In such a scenario, /laugh and stomps are in order.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Emoting /Laugh and taunting help you win when roaming 1v1 in wvw? From MY experience, I’ve noticed Thieves are the most who do this.

Earlier today I was on my Mesmer when a Thief tried to gank me but I was able to escape, he then used a /laugh emote. So I went back and fought him ’till he used SR, I focus pulled him out of it and preceded to burst him down, and I was able to down him. Right after that he tried to invite me to talk to him, but I was in no mood, so ya…

Ever think that the reason he’s laughing is because he’s happy and you get worked up and beat him to the ground just because you’re not in the mood?

Wow.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

I type /sit on dead bodies then i spammmmm it FAST (enter key, up key, enter key, up key, enter key, ect) Its a real T Bag

fyi human characters are best

in Thief

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

I always /shrug

/shrug is OP.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I don’t /laugh after killing someone. It is plain rude and immature.

Hereee we go. rolls eyes it’s a game mate.

in Thief

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

it makes you look like an kitten, if someone does that to me and gets smacked down i dont stomp and just wait for them to bleed out, while jumping all around them doing a rain dance.

god help the guy if i have the dance book, but all /laugh does is make you look overconfident, which ends up getting you killed.

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I bow when it was a good fight and we both got ready for a 1v1 beforehand by /bowing even before the fight started.

If a thief suddenly jumps on me out of nowhere and I kill him, no /bow is deserved because it wasn’t an honorable fight to start with. In such a scenario, /laugh and stomps are in order.

Last one depends imo. I’ve had thieves ambush me where I stunbreak and retaliate, even having a good match (though ofc i’m at the disadvantage). When I win I’d stomp and bow.
Stomps are always in order except during 1v1 that was set up. He’ll prolly still fight when downed :P

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in Thief

Posted by: SoulSin.5682

SoulSin.5682

trolls target by using /laugh
target gets angry and commit a lot of mistakes and get killed again.

Yes, /laugh helps you win. If you give a dam abou it, of course.

And all classes do it. mostly when they kill a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

i spam laugh after all fights because so many people spam it already. Join the bandwagon already

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

in Thief

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

/laugh helps me beat Thieves. It’s hilarious to see some prideful Thieves leave stealth to try and backstab me when I do that, only for me to immediately counter burst them to death.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Thief

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I do /cheer. I keep it classy.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Thief

Posted by: Serhend.6382

Serhend.6382

Well most people do not even have emotes on so if they are running away they probably do not even know you are laughing or doing whatever else. I rarely use it against those who completely deserved it by their manners, after I kill them.

It is a good indicator of experience in player versus player fights. Rank 42 in this case means a really good amount of experience, so, your reaction is invalid.

(edited by Serhend.6382)

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Me too, special if somebody with more points (not rank), call me a noob, because he runs in a zerg and I dont XD

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

i spam laugh after all fights because so many people spam it already. Join the bandwagon already

no. I’m not going to do what all the other scrubs are doing… I’m going to sleep.