Does this means what I think it means?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

“… the Vigil’s second-in-command will patrol the open world with a crack squadron of sylvari snipers…”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/gameplay-features-making-the-most-of-maguuma/

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Intellesting.

Maybe :-)

Attachments:

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

mompen.7952

They have a “thief-y” hood :p

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whisper%27s_Secret_Hood

Plot twist, thief NPCs are getting a rifle, thief players aren’t getting anything.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

There has been a team of sylvari snipers in one of the personal story arcs since launch, I wouldn’t read into that too much

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The Vigil is becoming competent?

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

They were parts in various videos that showed those snipers shooting from that cliff to well over the range of 1200… I doubt that will actually get implemented for the thief though.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

mompen.7952

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whisper%27s_Secret_Hood

Plot twist, thief NPCs are getting a rifle, thief players aren’t getting anything.

Yeah, thought it was the whisper’s hood. kitten ed those npc’s tho! I’m just happy with whatever weapon we get

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Praise the crack

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

how a about a boomerang weapon for thiefs? I will not say name of mmo game but thiefs have boomerang with 2 type; Long Range/Short Range.

I think that would be good specialize weapon for thief in this game,

Example; Long Range Boomerange with 1-800 range. Short Range Boomerage with 1-600 range.

Yes, with cool-down

What do you think?

Attachments:

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I think you’re trolling, DarkSyze. But, I think everyone has some screwed-up ulterior motive. Thing is, the Thief players torqued off about (maybe) getting a Rifle aren’t going to like a Boomerang any more, I would warrant. Especially if ANet gives it some crapola range modifier like SB and Pistol have.
Also: Just make a Thief, already … then you’d know how to murder most Thieves.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I think you’re trolling, DarkSyze. But, I think everyone has some screwed-up ulterior motive. Thing is, the Thief players torqued off about (maybe) getting a Rifle aren’t going to like a Boomerang any more, I would warrant. Especially if ANet gives it some crapola range modifier like SB and Pistol have.
Also: Just make a Thief, already … then you’d know how to murder most Thieves.

How i am trolling? I am serious! i can give name of mmo game with thief with boomerange if you want me to I think it would be awesome for thiefs here to have it too. Why not?

I do not think Rifle work with thief class at all. It would be huge mistake if Arena net give thiefs that. Thief is a high mobile class and the best weapon i think that work with them is boomerange. Boomerange is a fast mobile weapon, it would make sense a lot for thief class. Why slow a high mobile class to stand still with a rifle? it make no sense at ll.

You are a thief player and you know best for thief class than me: it is just my opinion

Last: if Arena net want to slow thief down is to reduce the damage of their weapon damage. Another option for Arena net if they want to slow thief down is to reduce thief mobile range and replace it with the long boomerange range weapon.

Example; if a thief can not catch up to a mesmer and a ranger, they will use boomerange to knock them down or stun them until they get close to them.

Or another example; maybe a thief can use boomerange to track enemy player location until they find them: where they are hiding?

Example: the boomerange can be a way to reveal thief? If thief throw boomerange and go into stealth: the enemy player will see where boomerange land and find thief. Rule is: boomerange will reveal thief once thief catch it. So thief have to be fast once that happen and stealth again.

Again, what do you think?

Also: Just make a Thief, already … then you’d know how to murder most Thieves” That is my next plan after i finish Engineer class upgrade: very soon i will make thief

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

those are hyper sniper which can be pick up by any player/ class as bundle.

in Thief

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

Maybe not. There are “snipers” in vanilla GW2. Just think of the Charr guarding the Asura gates in the Black Citadel.

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Dear lord I hope not.

I’m not sure what everyone’s obsession with rifle is, but I can’t think of a more boring weapon choice for thief. I can’t even imagine how they’d balance it – Dagger DPS at range is already covered by Ranger/would be broken if the spec retains any of a thief’s mobility, shbow already covers ranged AoE, and P/D already covers ranged condition damage.

There’s so many more interesting possible combinations. Axe/Focus Bloodstalker (think thief/necro hybrid), Axe/Mace Thug (think thief/warrior stun centric hybrid), Sword/Torch (think “Burn the heretic!” Witch hunter style from Warhammer); even Martial Staff style Monk/or GS style Samurai are exciting compared to “Pew pew 1 shot you from across the point Ghilly suit if not” silliness. kitten, I’d even take shield OH over rifle, assuming they implemented it competently.

And even though it’s purely aesthetic, the stupid rifles don’t even fully point in the direction of the shot – those oddly angled light beams coming from the barrels of the rifles make the game look cheap.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

:D Yes! Down with the rifles and up with the Great swords!
Or longbows. Need to check if there are any sick looking recurve skins (though they’re not technically english longbows, but there might be skins for them).

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I sure hope that rifle isn’t the thief weapon. Thief is missing one weapon set and that is melee condi. That way they could move dancing dagger to to that weapon and add something more appropriate to d/d.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

To be honest, I’m happy with whatever weapon we get, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that we really need a long ranged weapon, so…yeah, if not rifle, then longbow — or if Revenant can use a hammer as ranged weapon, we should be able to use GS as ranged weapon — just like Mesmers, but more shadowy/spirit-like effects.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

To be honest, I’m happy with whatever weapon we get, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that we really need a long ranged weapon, so…yeah, if not rifle, then longbow — or if Revenant can use a hammer as ranged weapon, we should be able to use GS as ranged weapon — just like Mesmers, but more shadowy/spirit-like effects.

Yes, a GS with 1200 range. I like that idea. Just to kitten every other class off even further, we will be able to chuck great swords at them from 1200 range.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Yes, a GS with 1200 range. I like that idea. Just to kitten every other class off even further, we will be able to chuck great swords at them from 1200 range.

I know right? If ArenaNet added a weapon set for Thieves that is not nerf worthy, then it is not worthy of Thieves.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I know right? If ArenaNet added a weapon set for Thieves that is not nerf worthy, then it is not worthy of Thieves.

Precisely!

Join the TEEFs!