Don't Listen To Anyone.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Ixal.7924

Ixal.7924

Even if it was true that building bunker protects you from being instantkilled by some thief builds (it isn’t), a class forcing you to build one specific way in order to survive is pretty much a definition of OP.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

QQ less bout thieves and l2p …nothing is wrong with thieves i also played guardian, ele and ranger in both spvp and tpvp…and all have strong points and weaknesses… A good player can avoid a thief both knowing his skills and know how to counter and also dodging.. It seems all this flames come from ppl who actually don’t know how to play and only able to claim nerf on everything that kill them… As said…l2p and thieves would not be a problem

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

YYou can’t remove thief’s burst damage without just removing the thief from the game. Thief literally has nothing but burst damage that it excels at.

Giving a profession with invisibility also superior burst damage is poor game design. Not only it’s almost impossible to balance but it’s also not fun to play against such a profession; for a certain amount of time they are fairly harmless, and every x seconds they attack you have to react correctly within one or two seconds or you’re dead.
ANet has seen how broken such a profession is with the GW1 Assassin, why they decided to include a profession just as broken in GW2 is beyond me.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: zeyele.3149

zeyele.3149

I play pve, till i got to 80 i’ve tried all wepons and most builds, and read many posts. So my opinion is based on these.
If a battle is longer than 3-5 secs can we talk about a glass cannon?
If the target is not dead after a couple of attacks, will a thief have the chance to “win”?
If the target doesn’t see the thief “sneaking” for the kill, or dodges too late, is it the classe’s fault? I don’t mean learn to play, but sudden burst of dmg is what makes a sin…
How many attacks it takes for a dps, not necessary glass cannon, build to take down a “sin”
How often can a thief get this burst? Even if it get it right every time is once/45-60 secs?
If others don’t even see the thief, is it the classe’s problem? I mean, the thief sees the target and got into range, why the target did’t see the thief?
If the target sees the thief and gets an aegis,blind,dodge,any cc or sth, will he be dead? If not who has the advandage?
I don’t mean to be stronglly on one side, but to counter a “sin” others must react to their playstyle. Wearing gear, shouldn’t counter the burst, just soften the blow. Running around not seeing the thief is a good way to die. Getting hit by someone that dies in 2-3 hits should kill you in 2-3 hits. Especially when the thief builds just for that. Stealth is nice…Drop an aoe, hit 4 with an ele/dagger off hand,5 with ranger longbow, where will the thief run then?
I understand that the burst is a lot. But if they take away that, they need to match it with sth else. If thieves do the same as a warrior, they must have the same survivability. If they match the eles dmg, they must have the same mobility/range/support/heals etc for any class. Taking away the burst without giving sth back that is the same worth, is just stupid, and killing the class. And even if they do, will the resault be a “sin”.?
Sorry for any bad english, just saying a though.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

<- Never lost to Thief on any class with 2800 or more armor.
They burst me for 8k at most, I heal, gib them, ta-da.

But it’s fun to play as Thief as most people go full glass and you can gib them before they can do anything.
Perhaps this way people will learn the hard way to stack armor.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Archangel Ady.3720

Archangel Ady.3720

“I hope they don’t listen to you.

Thieves are OP in one aspect, and that is burst damage. They are fine, or even underpowered in other areas but that doesn’t justify such high burst.

They should address this just like they should address various bunker builds, be it Engineer, Guardian or Elementalist and any other gross imbalance."

Perhaps you do not have the required intelligence level to comprehend the fact that we have 10k HP in order to deal that damage, just saying.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

In every MMO people will complain about the class. Be it thief, rogue, or assassin the play style and implied vision of this character type lends it self to broad and sweeping scrutiny (see post by Dried Donkey above).

The class is always presented to be 1v1 dominant and high dmg as well as being mobile/stealth. To players who subconsciously have bought in to this idea it makes it extra annoying to be beat by the class. So they will be motivated more so to cry for nerf.

Good game developers know this, so they know where to draw the line.

In conclusion: they just jelly that they rolled a profession that cant stealth and backstab.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Your many years in MMO’s haven’t taught you that one of the best indications that a class is out of whack is these kind of threads ’ Don’t touch us, we are not op. Other players just don’t know how to play ’

All is vain.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Your many years in MMO’s haven’t taught you that one of the best indications that a class is out of whack is these kind of threads ’ Don’t touch us, we are not op. Other players just don’t know how to play ’

Well in traditional MMO’s all the classes didnt have some way to counter burst like this.

I agree it gets chaotic trying to defend against this in spvp, but honestly the maps were not designed for 8 v 8. In tpvp, builds like this are manageable to sometimes completely non-existent.
What would help people on these forums is to actually post a screenshot of their armor,class,and utility setup. Then maybe we can all come up with a constructive way to help people counter backstab ( its actually a lot easier than people think)

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

(edited by Solori.6025)

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

One thing that HAS evolved in mmos is the use of forums to complain. People are more likely now to just become apathetic and not even try to counter a problem and instead spend more effort mindlessly complaining on forum until its nerfed so they dont have to try.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: smiljem.4632

smiljem.4632

I find thieves really easy to deal with in WvWvW. I can tell thieves from their signets so when I catch one from far away, I just teleport to a keep. If he is close, I open up my map so I can pick a way point as soon as I die.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

http://i.imgur.com/ROgm3.png

Someone randomly whispered me this after I killed them. I guess they didn’t like it.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Another lying thief, that’s getting old, guys.

Stealth is the best survival too in PvP. You also have immense regeneration and access to a great number of CC and blind. Also, no one should be able to drop balanced builds in 3 seconds. Your class also has the best mobility, making escapes OR engages a trivial matter.

You’re not convincing anyone with your lies. In this game one can create any class in 5 minutes and PvP with it, it’s not like other MMOs when people are forced to consider your arguments. Thieves will get nerfed and boy, am I looking forward to it. There will be so many tears from scrubs like you having to play on an even field with the others. And it will be our turn to tell you to “learn to play”.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Thief has some issues. Most of them I can deal with, but the culling in wvw is ridiculous… and since anet can’t seem to fix it they need to increase the duration on the stealth debuff to 6s in wvw and have it applied everytime you come out of stealth, not just when you attack from stealth.

That said backstab will get a nerf whether you like it or not so there’s not much point fighting about it.

Edit: I guess I should point out that mesmer should probably be hit with a nerf bat as well. Before the bads come in droves to point and cry “mesmer is op’d you can’t judge us”.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: xFeiXue.2649

xFeiXue.2649

Imbeciles. The whole point of thieves is to get that one kill in under 5 seconds and disappear. And they’re easy to counter as well; without condition removal, all you have to do is immobilize and let the rest of your group wipe them out. We can kill you in seconds, but we’re also squishy enough that you can do the same to us. And considering the amount of AoEs every other class has, stealth is hardly an issue. Although I do find it rather amusing to watch people try to hit us with single target skills inside of shadow refuge.
Quite frankly, we are assassins. Burst and run is what we do. Get over it.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

Obviously you’re new to gaming, so I’ll let that comment slide.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

LOL mesmers QQing about thieves OP…that’s hilarious…copies everywhere + rendering issues (like thieves), lots of survivability…and 10 sec moa…and…those ppl are crying about thieves dmg? LOL!

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: Godorn.2931

Godorn.2931

Don’t listen to anyone? Good sound advice right? Other games did this and they took a nose dive in subs.

Better offer some constructive suggestions on how to tone down your class, or it will be done w/o your input.

Money talks and BS walks. A-Net is a company first and if this garbage is affecting their bottom line, which I’m pretty sure its getting to that point. They will be merciless.

This whole fiasco is really sad. Heard so many good things about this company, and after seeing SS of thief damage and the rendering issues in WVW, I have come to the conclusion that they made quite a few bad decisions.

Already went back to my old game. Hopefully, this will be sorted out.

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: BranGor.8715

BranGor.8715

But it’s fun to play as Thief as most people go full glass and you can gib them before they can do anything.

Finally someone with skill here. Most of those ignorant people complaining about thief are those who get killed too fast because their brains go blank when their characters get stoned or immobilized. Every disable skills of thief are now nerfed to be breakable. YOU have no excuse now!!!

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: BranGor.8715

BranGor.8715

Already went back to my old game. Hopefully, this will be sorted out.

Why still here?

Don't Listen To Anyone.

in Thief

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Finally someone with skill here. Most of those ignorant people complaining about thief are those who get killed too fast because their brains go blank when their characters get stoned or immobilized. Every disable skills of thief are now nerfed to be breakable. YOU have no excuse now!!!

agree.. so many ways to counter a thieves backstab, and toughness is a perfect mitigation if you miss you stunbreak.

agree.. so many ways to counter a thieves backstab, and toughness is a perfect mitigation if you miss you stunbreak.i love playing against thieves.. i actually target them more than any other, cos i know most are noobs running around glass cannons with no toughness and are easy kill.