Don't use SB, LOL

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

Just had some kitten engi complain to the thief in the party because they used SB in a fight against a minion mancer and another enemy….. WTH, SB rocks in fights like that.

The engi (Ego Machina) said SB damage is unreliable and the other person needed to “practice” because d/d is whats needed. (thief was d/p)
Funny thing is the Thief had 180-190 points and the Engi had 10. Plus the Thief was great.

The thief tried to tell him SB was decent and the Engi said “I main Thief”…….. these sort of ppl are “special”
People who have no clue need to not give opinions as if they’re gospel.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Um.. I had a Thief kill my shout Guardian by using a SB. I cried and almost deleted the character…

SB has some amazing blast finishers so who know what’s that Engi was thinking.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

This is why I made my one and only legendary Dreamer…because SB is so kitten awesome. I don’t run anything else in the second weapon slot because nothing else provides an on demand blast finisher, a way to get around maps quicker and easy bleed stacks. If he’s saying stuff like that…I doubt he ‘mains’ a thief.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Um.. I had a Thief kill my shout Guardian by using a SB. I cried and almost deleted the character…

SB has some amazing blast finishers so who know what’s that Engi was thinking.

It’s a good way to widdle pesky bunkers down with poison spam.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Shortbow is absolutely a must in spvp… You could get away without using in wvw.

Pvp you need that aoe poison and weakness and teleport. Bouncing projectiles are pretty sweet too.

I usually just burst mm necro first then back out after they mitigate it and use shortbow to help cleave down pets… Sometimes you can one or two pets with the dagger cleave…

Just another noob thief…

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Dreamer on a Thief is the funniest thing ever … bouncing unicorns! yes, please! :-)

Shortbow is in every build on metabattle for a reason. You also see all the Thieves in tournaments using it for a reason. Actually … several reasons.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

Dreamer on a Thief is the funniest thing ever … bouncing unicorns! yes, please! :-)

Even better than bouncing unicorns are unicorns raining death and bleeding from the sky. Having that unicorn shooting off for SB 2 helps a lot, you know right where that arrow is at any point during the flight so you know where to split it if you want to detonate. Unicorns really are a thief’s best friend

Been playing a thief for almost two years now, haven’t had anyone complain about me using a SB. Sure hope this won’t spread through the community…we all know how dumb ideas get passed around because of one ignorant player.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Well that engi was stupid. Thief SB has AoE and utility up the wazoo. Pop a Fire Sigil on it and it gets that much better.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

SB is great in those fights…though can be limited at times unless you are good with it (sounds like the thief was). I personally run o/d off hand more often now than SB because I like how it fjnctions and I feel t complements perfectly with d/p

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Engie is ignorant.

Shortbow is a close second if not the best projectile weapon thieves have, if only for blast finishers on demand, mobility, and poison uptime.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Engie is ignorant.

Shortbow is a close second if not the best projectile weapon thieves have, if only for blast finishers on demand, mobility, and poison uptime.

close second on a grand total of two?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Engie is ignorant.

close second on a grand total of two?

Yep. instead of being miles behind pistol, which can be mixed with dagger.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

Which is fine for your main hand set…but who slots p/p in secondary? Who would take a lousy bleed and meh spammable damage over mobility/AoE poison? Over an on demand blast finisher? Over on demand evades??? Sure the immobilize is nice to have with p/p, but if you go invisible a SB can do that too…so I fail to see how SB is miles behind p/p?

But I am completely and totally biased, as thief SB is my favorite weapon out of any available for any profession. So I am not intending on offending anyone who likes p/p…I just love my SB more.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Azure The Heartless.3261

Which is fine for your main hand set…but who slots p/p in secondary? Who would take a lousy bleed and meh spammable damage over mobility/AoE poison? Over an on demand blast finisher? Over on demand evades??? Sure the immobilize is nice to have with p/p, but if you go invisible a SB can do that too…so I fail to see how SB is miles behind p/p?

But I am completely and totally biased, as thief SB is my favorite weapon out of any available for any profession. So I am not intending on offending anyone who likes p/p…I just love my SB more.

Thats the point I was getting at. I meant that even if you preferred pistol offhand, Shortbow would still be a reasonable option.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Sebrent.3625

The Dreamer + Thief = all you need in the world.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Even my dual-gunner self keeps a SB in the ol’ inventory. Maybe the person giving OP crap was just playing the Troll Game? (I’d like to think any “Thief Main” would not be that silly …)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

I like the way you think. Dreamer is partially why I love thief Sb so much

If I could main hand SB I would. I’d just like to spam my uniponies in every instance possible and forget that dagger/pistol/sword even exist.

(edited by rabidsmiles.5926)

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Unload has a power multiplier of 2.4 and takes 1.5 seconds and 5 initiative to execute. Cluster bomb has a power multiplier of 1.5 and takes differing amounts of time to execute, dependent on distance – but on average, 1.5 seconds, and 3 initiative to execute.

In a short engagement, unload does slightly more dps. In long engagements, shortbow does more dps due to the greatly reduced initiative cost and the much higher DPS of the shorbow AA. Against melee targets, SB3 prevents them from doing much damage at all unless they have gap closers. Against tank builds, SB4 nerfs their healing significantly while still doing high dps. Blasting the poison field also not only debuffs enemy damage, but gives them less dodge regeneration per second.

Pistol/pistol is the build that people shouldn’t use except for VERY SPECIFIC exceptions – like confusion stacking w/ a mesmer, or killing invulnerable targets by lifesteal through pairing with a necro’s dark field generators.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Sebrent.3625

I like the way you think. Dreamer is partially why I love thief Sb so much

If I could main hand SB I would. I’d just like to spam my uniponies in every instance possible and forget that dagger/pistol/sword even exist.

I hear you. I get jealous when I see a Thief spamming bouncing unicorns.

I just hope that one day I can get a Shortbow on my Mesmer (2nd, 3rd, 4th expansion) … then I can truly emasculate anyone I kill with my Butterfly and Rainbow Unicorn tyranny! :-)

… topped off with the new Rainbow Unicorn finisher, of course

<edit>

Coworker at lunch enlightened me … introduced me to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC_Y4zOUdcI

Now I just need to link that in chat to whomever I stomp and it will be perfect.

Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

I just hope that one day I can get a Shortbow on my Mesmer (2nd, 3rd, 4th expansion) … then I can truly emasculate anyone I kill with my Butterfly and Rainbow Unicorn tyranny! :-)

… topped off with the new Rainbow Unicorn finisher, of course

You have no idea…no idea how much I would kill to have Dreamer on my mesmer. 3 clones up spamming a pony every few seconds…talk about a real dream

But for now, my bouncing ponies will suffice. That finisher was the best thing ever!

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Sb + Sb weapon swap vigils and acro Gm makes me the trolliest thief na… I evades everything and if somebody would give me the unicorn bow I could be even trollier!

Donations of unicorn bow to Sadrien.3470 if possible.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

(edited by Sadrien.3470)

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Sb + Sb weapon swap vigils and acro Gm makes me the trolliest thief na… I evades everything and if somebody would give me the unicorn bow I could be even trollier!

Donations of unicorn bow to Sadrien.3470 if possible.

Farm your own Dreamer…
It’s one of the easiest Legendaries to farm ingredients for, honestly… Cheap rare ingredients(jewels), doesn’t need an unreasonable amount like 500 or even 750(hello, Bifrost) of any one ingredient, rather the ingredients are spread wide with 250 each, so you are bound to have some lying around already…

And it has kitten animations and annoys the hell out of my friend, which is, why I will keep using it!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

It really was easy to make. Opals and Chrysocola are super easy to get. TA is one of the easier dungeons to run. I think the hardest part of making Dreamer was that stack of ancient wood and even then, it’s not that bad. No lodestones needed or silver doubloons, nothing super crazy hard to get.

It annoys a guild mate of mine as well, so of course I use it anytime I can get away with it. Thankfully it’s one of the few ranged weapons I can use in melee combat and no one will yell at me for doing so…except the OP’s engineer of course!

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

The best thing about the Dreamer is… Yeah, you need 250 Ancient Wood…
But at least, you don’t need 500 Ancient Wood… Or 500 Orichalcum… Or 750 Crystalline Dust(hello, Bifrost).

You need a single stack of almost every common ingredient for a legendary, which is actually fine. At the least you don’t need multiple stacks of anything. You need both Orichalcum AND Ancient Wood. Farming 500 Orichalcum in specific is way harder than farming 250 Ancient Wood and 250 Orichalcum. Parts of the resources should already be in your bank.

Forgot to mention: Now I even have the finisher to go with it

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

(edited by naphack.9346)

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

rabidsmiles.5926

I was considering making Bifrost but when I saw it required not only 750 crystalline dust but also Arah tokens…I noped out. Thinking of making Quip for my next one…so I can be super annoying to everyone around me, but waiting for the new ones to decide. I dunno what people are complaining about with Dreamer, I find the horse neighing to be soothing. That might just be because I love that stupid bow so much…

That finisher…was the first thing I have ever saw before it was released and said ‘I have to have that’.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Sebrent.3625

@rabidsmiles:
Aye … I never cared about finishers … until the Rainbow Unicorn Finisher came out.

Better yourself.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: MindWipe.3028

MindWipe.3028

Really you just have to know when its a good time to use it and when its a bad time. SB is ok for certain situations. its not the kind of thing to go into 1v1s with because of all the better weapons out there. What it is good for is putting pressure on the walls of a tower in wvw + moving around/kiting. In pvp its nice to have to get to points fast but in a fight I would switch.

Don't use SB, LOL

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Really you just have to know when its a good time to use it and when its a bad time. SB is ok for certain situations. its not the kind of thing to go into 1v1s with because of all the better weapons out there. What it is good for is putting pressure on the walls of a tower in wvw + moving around/kiting. In pvp its nice to have to get to points fast but in a fight I would switch.

Actually, if you 1 vs 1 someone who has only melee, having a ranged option gives you the advantage. I run double melee all the time and in 1 vs 1, I get kited a lot once the opponent figures out I don’t have SB.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr