Downed Thief Skills

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Is there a particular way to maximize your use of downed skills? Ever since the stealth/aggression changes long ago, the stealth skill seems to have no use and teleport skill is seriously hampered by terrain. Because those two skills aren’t synched up, the seemingly logical use of stealth then teleport is delayed beyond logical use, unless you just happen to have some very weak NPC on you (in WvW that’s never the case).

Any advice appreciated!

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Well, its nice to prolong (right word?) the time until beig stomped or killed by npcs, using teleport to evade some spike or stomping is really nice, and steathskill does more less the same. Stealth attack from stealth can make a lot of damage and help your team to down an enemy, not the best (ele going into keep ftw) but not that bad, you just have to use them correctly. But I have to admit, trying to port and still being on the same spot is really frustrating.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Having stealth as a downed skill can also help you get rezzed faster if you have shadow arts. Getting low and dropping Shadow Refuge then getting downed in the refuge is perfect for people with lots of points in Shadow Arts since unless they get lucky with landing a skill after you teleport away, you’re probably gonna completely revive and maybe even have some stealth to spare.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Lots of people who are more pvp oriented or who spend all their time with groups will tell you that the Thief’s downed skills are great, but they are probably the worst set of any class for solo PvE play.

Smoke Bomb is such a broken joke I can’t believe it hasn’t been completely changed. Strike that, yes I can. The stealth very obviously needs to last longer and drop mob aggro. I kind of feel that way about Stealth in general in PvE.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Only ranger’s downed skills have got any value in pve. No other class can rez themselves when downed.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Actually every class can rezz themsselves when downed, but I know what you mean :P

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Jana.6831

It’s always better to try to kill the mob attacking you – otherwise you can’t – maybe that’s why everybody is still throwing their mud when I use SR to rez them, thus they unstealth and draw the mob/player attention to that spot so we’re both downed.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

It’s always better to try to kill the mob attacking you – otherwise you can’t – maybe that’s why everybody is still throwing their mud when I use SR to rez them, thus they unstealth and draw the mob/player attention to that spot so we’re both downed.

Hate when people do that, but if you’re not an organized group, I kind of expect people to do that so I don’t bother and instead Clusterbomb their soon to be corpse.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Jana.6831

Yeah, I know – that’s why I was always smirking when people complained about the NPE and that the introduction of the downed state was delayed “We aren’t stupid, we know how downed state works” (clicking 1 as usual)

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

i was thinking about WvW in particular, actually. The stealth is delayed automatically, so your only options after going down are to attack with throw dagger, move with teleport, or bandage. But if you’re immobile for more than 2 consecutive seconds, you’ll be AoE’d to death or your attacker will stomp you. If you teleport, assuming the best terrain features and furthest distance, you simply delay the inevitable stomp by the time it takes the attacker to move that distance. But even teleporting is iffy, since there is a delay between being downed and accessing your downed skills. I don’t play other classes regularly so I"m not familiar with their down skills, but I’ve seen plenty of other downed players in WvW do all sorts of interesting things to save themselves. Is there some particular reason that thieves get kittened so hard?

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Jana.6831

Someone already said thieves have got the second best downed state, I think.
You can teleport out of AOE, the blind avoids a stomp, so you have 2 mechanics to prolonge your downed state but you likely won’t be able to revive yourself on your own. Most (all?) other classes have got 1 skill to delay the stomp. Including rangers when it comes to wvw.

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Unless you get screwed over by the terrain you are guaranteed to avoid 2 stomps. You want a crappy downed state go and give engi a try.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Downed Thief Skills

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Actually every class can rezz themsselves when downed, but I know what you mean :P

Actually, a nomad guardian with can drop symbol of judgement and revive themself, (and anyone nearby).

So few recognize the OPness of nomad. Useless? Pretty much. But so OP.