Downstate Stealth Bug

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

Posted by: idontnoso.9850

idontnoso.9850

Hey just stating that I think I might have found a minor-ish bug and would just like to confirm it with the community.

I believe that when a thief is in a downed state and in stealth, players are still given the option to stomp them but the stomp does not work.

Just stating this cause its an easy way to know where a thief is if they downed while in SR, and then the enemy could just melee the area where the stomp icon appears.

Please confirm?
Thank You!

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Ehm, no… Enemies will only get the ‘Stomp’ text overlay if they can see you. This means that for example, you can use your #2 to get into a Shadowrefuge that was put there by a teammate. As soon as you ported into the refuge, the ‘Stomp’ text will be simply gone, until you come out of stealth.

Same goes for the downed #3. As soon as you pop that, your enemy will see absolutely no ‘Stomp’ tag until you come out of stealth.

Now, a player may be able to determine your location even if you are in stealth by simply running around, spamming their #1. If you hit a stealthed target, your Auto Attack Chain will progress even if you can’t see what you’re hitting.

It could be that you were unlucky to have encountered a bug, but it never happened to me personally. It should work how I stated above.
If other people had this happen though, that’d be a bad bug that they should resolve asap.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

I did 2 PvP matches earlier today and encountered this bug on every thief I killed, I will admit it made killing the Thieves easier in this should be fixed. I think they might have already fixed it though because I stopped playing when there was a new build and I havent looked into it since.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

idontnoso.9850

Ehm, no… Enemies will only get the ‘Stomp’ text overlay if they can see you. This means that for example, you can use your #2 to get into a Shadowrefuge that was put there by a teammate. As soon as you ported into the refuge, the ‘Stomp’ text will be simply gone, until you come out of stealth.

Same goes for the downed #3. As soon as you pop that, your enemy will see absolutely no ‘Stomp’ tag until you come out of stealth.

Now, a player may be able to determine your location even if you are in stealth by simply running around, spamming their #1. If you hit a stealthed target, your Auto Attack Chain will progress even if you can’t see what you’re hitting.

It could be that you were unlucky to have encountered a bug, but it never happened to me personally. It should work how I stated above.
If other people had this happen though, that’d be a bad bug that they should resolve asap.

I don’t play a thief, so I’m actually benefiting from this bug.

And yes, how you described it is how it SHOULD work, but its not working that way as far as I can see.

If a thief is downed while they are in stealth, the enemy is still given the stomp option (the stomp won’t work), but they will know exactly where the thief is sitting so they just need to melee that location to stop the rally.

Just trying to help ppl out

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

That’s pretty worrisome then…
Let’s hope it get’s adressed quickly!

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

Downstate Stealth Bug

in Thief

idontnoso.9850

Just tested it out with a friend.

It does occur, and I’ll post it up in the bugs.

I’ll just leave this post here so people are aware of the bug.