Not really

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Dual Pistol for Pve/Pvp ??

in Thief

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

Just because p/p doesn’t have a stealth skill it doesn’t mean that it’s worse than other weapons.
But for most thieves it’s a tragedy to be visible longer then 4 sec

Honestly, p/p isn’t that bad, like everyone tries to tell you. Under two conditions.
1) you must like range combat.
2) you must choose your second weapon set very carefully.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Just because p/p doesn’t have a stealth skill it doesn’t mean that it’s worse than other weapons.

Honestly, p/p isn’t that bad, like everyone tries to tell you. Under two conditions.

Not for me, I play with SA and Acrobatic (1:1) so P/P is good, but not with an stealth based build.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

If you like it then just play it. It might not turn you into a monster but it won’t turned into a kitty either.

Not for me, I play with SA and Acrobatic (1:1) so P/P is good, but not with an stealth based build.

0/30/20/20/0 thats what I am using with my P/P.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

I use p/p sometimes. Depends on the situation. Usually, I use d/d and shortbow. Also, I’m not one of those thieves that rely on stealth, so the lack of stealth skills from p/p doesn’t matter.

p/p is great if you need to do burst damage on a single target, with the ability to interrupt and blind. The problem I have is the #1 attack is relatively weak, and #3 takes too much initiative. #2 is nice for extra damage, but can be costly as well. It is a much better weapon for PvE vs a single target than in PvP. But for multiple targets, shortbow is a much better ranged weapon.

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

P/P is good with condition duration stat. Don’t play it with power, unless you use it in PvP as a secondary weapon set just for unload to finish low hp fleeing enemies, with executioner + pistol mastery + side strike traits. This combo really hurts.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

P/P is good with condition duration stat. Don’t play it with power, unless you use it in PvP as a secondary weapon set just for unload to finish low hp fleeing enemies, with executioner + pistol mastery + side strike traits. This combo really hurts.

Interesting perspective. Most people argue the only way to make P/P even semi-viable is with a power build, but I’ve always felt it more naturally fit a hybridized build. With a full power build, Vital Shot fails spectacularly at holding DPS which disrupts your resource management and sabotages the whole set.

That said, it’s really not in a great place right now.

in Thief

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

unload spam is my favorite

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

Einlanzer.1627
P/P is the opposite of D/D.

You have condition based auto attack, condition duration #2, while unload is for power/crit against light armored or seriously damaged targets, just like LDB from D/D is for tough enemies.

You can pick P/P with 30 deadly arts for condi duration + some power, and 30 critical strikes for awesome ini regen from crits and overall best traits for P/P.

Signed, level 1 alt