Engi help

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

I was playing an engi and he was on. The treb wen he spotted me. Hree did some coknbo that immbo me and brought me to 3k hp. Any one no what this combo was? He threw a net and did some other stuff

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Is that english? I’m not sure what you are asking.

In other news I got hit for 12k by a warrior using kill shot in spvp today.

Just another noob thief…

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

Sounds like you got tagged by a power spec rifle engineer.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

Engi help

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Yea i think it was a rifle i was jst goin to the treb and he basically 1 shot me :/

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Whelm.9072

Whelm.9072

I was playing against an engineer and he was on the treb when he spotted me. He did some combo that immobilized me and brought me to 3k hp. Anyone know what this combo was? He threw a net and did some other stuff

(just for clarity not policing)

Honestly that could have been any number of builds with rifle involved although you could have been hit with an unseen net turret for that matter. Even the elite Supply Crate has a net turret.

A fair number of engineers run with a static discharge build that can alpha burst and if your thief is running in Berserker’s then a normal rifle rotation will control and unload some decent damage upon you.

If you fill in the many gaps of your encounter you’ll likely get the exact build.

(edited by Whelm.9072)

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

He threw a net and did some other stuff

You deserve to burn in Hell for eternity….

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

I surprise a lot of thieves with static discharge build when on my engineer. Best way to avoid it as a thief, is to dodge net shot so they can’t set up the burst combo as easily.

Engi help

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Yea havent played much against engis and wen i do they jst throw out mass turrets and stuff.. So it caught me off guard

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: JackWest.8974

JackWest.8974

Maybe he used Net Shot + Granade Barrage, it’s a pretty common combo and in DPS gear it can hit fairly hard, especially on a squishy thief

Engi help

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Im not that squishy i have 20k hp and1.2k tough

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: JackWest.8974

JackWest.8974

Was he shooting lightnings maybe? Because then he could be using a glass cannon Static Discharge build which release a bouncing lightning attack every time he uses one of his tool belt skills, if there was someone or something that could offer another target for him all of the static discharges would have bounced and hit you twice, which could explain the huge burst you’re talking about.

Engi help

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Yup there was lightning and a net

Engi help

in Thief

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

Wow an engineer killed a thief!
Sarcasm aside, I run a power rifle / static discharge build exclusively. It does quite a bit of burst dmg IF we get the net shot off OR our rifle knockdown doesn’t bug out and attack the ground.

What does this mean?
Well, basically it means that the entire static discharge burst is so easy to avoid with but a single dodge roll. It’s entirely reliant on a series of insta cast abilities. If they are dodged the engineer is screwed.

Good thieves destroy me relentlessly cus of their superior mobility, stealth, and yes, greater burst damage. Sorry to burst your bubble but an engineer should always be the least of your worries in any situation. And yes I am bitter and pessimistic about my overly nerfed class that never receives attention from a single dev and is the only class given a hybrid tax because we are “versatile.”

Engi help

in Thief

Mystogan.4157

Well its kind of hard to dodge when they jump on ur head.. I was headed to the treb and hree was up there and he dropped on me