Enough with the Thieves are OP QQ Posts!!!

in Thief

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Instead of complaining about stealth and whatever else…posting videos and trying to make a case of it…JUST TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN THE MECHANICS OF THE CLASS AND LEARN TO COUNTER IT!!!

I’m sorry but posting a video of 5 low level baddies trying to kill one high end thief ain’t proff of anything but the fact that you should level, gear your toon and learn to PvP!!!

I run a thief in WvW mostly now and I die like everyone else…some classes give me headaches more than others…but the ones that mostly give me trouble are those who actually know what they are doing, and know the thief weaknesses and play to expose them instead of playing into them…

People expect to run around like chicken without heads with a lever 30 toon in WvW and expect to kill anyone easy mode and as soon as a player or a class actually knows what they are doing and kills them they cry out and QQ about it everywhere.

Get real people…get off the tief OP QQing bandwagon and go take time to actually learn to play the game!

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

as long as the nerfbat hits only the wvw/pvp thieves and not the pve/dungeons i am ok with that, really

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i belive a-net already noticed the thieves weakness in pve
tbh an aoe attack on wild strike / double strike
an buff on flanking strike
and some acces to protection or regeneration would make thieves viable in dungeons.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

After playing a thief for the first 10 levels, I can say with certainty that the ability to spam weapon skills makes them OP. No other class can spam a single move constantly other than their autoattack. That’s the the only problem I see as of right now.

Way to fix the weapon skills, I’d say a very small recharge time should be added to each one. As in, maybe equal to the amount of initiative they require. Makes it so like other classes, you can’t spam the weapon skills, and it’s insignificant enough to where I don’t think it’d be able to affect how the class does things.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

1. Q: can an high -end Ranger 1 vs 5 low lvl ?
2. Q: can an high -end Eng 1 vs 5 low lvl ?
3. Q: can an high -end Warrior ….

1- 7 A: No
Result : thieves are pro’s and skilled, rest are bad

You forgot Eles can do 1v5 (possibly more, seen one do 8 once)

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

After playing a thief for the first 10 levels, I can say with certainty that the ability to spam weapon skills makes them OP. No other class can spam a single move constantly other than their autoattack. That’s the the only problem I see as of right now.

Way to fix the weapon skills, I’d say a very small recharge time should be added to each one. As in, maybe equal to the amount of initiative they require. Makes it so like other classes, you can’t spam the weapon skills, and it’s insignificant enough to where I don’t think it’d be able to affect how the class does things.

Yes ofcourse. You forget that we can’t “spam” endlessly cause of initiative. But ofcourse it’s better to dodge that little detail he? Also we dont have smth like wpn swap to do 5 more skills, simply cause of ini i mentioned before.
Tho HS should be nerfed in dmg in my opinion.

in Thief

Posted by: Runcore.5107

Runcore.5107

Instead of complaining about stealth and whatever else…posting videos and trying to make a case of it…JUST TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN THE MECHANICS OF THE CLASS AND LEARN TO COUNTER IT!!!

I’m sorry but posting a video of 5 low level baddies trying to kill one high end thief ain’t proff of anything but the fact that you should level, gear your toon and learn to PvP!!!

I run a thief in WvW mostly now and I die like everyone else…some classes give me headaches more than others…but the ones that mostly give me trouble are those who actually know what they are doing, and know the thief weaknesses and play to expose them instead of playing into them…

People expect to run around like chicken without heads with a lever 30 toon in WvW and expect to kill anyone easy mode and as soon as a player or a class actually knows what they are doing and kills them they cry out and QQ about it everywhere.

Get real people…get off the tief OP QQing bandwagon and go take time to actually learn to play the game!

+1 Cannot agree more. Nice post. Is the highest time to ban all ppl for making QQ posts and cry on forum. I think that spamming on forum is bannable and against rules and QQ topics and crying posts are great example of spamming forum.

Thief is very fragile character and has one of the lowest HP pool on game so he need some advantage to be able fight another OP classes like for example warrior which deal noncomparable more damage than thief + have much more HP and toughness than thieves. Without stealth and another skills thief will be only practise target for noobs who want some free kills.

As I said much time. First learn to play against thieves, then make one and level him to 80 level with full exotic gear and fight another experienced players and after that you maybe can speak about thief on forum. But ppl who have never played thief, dont know how thief work and go cry on forum how is thief OP, have no right to post such a topics and speak about thief. Absolutely no right!!!! All these QQ topics are made ppl who was 1-2 times defeated by some pro thief and now, instead of learning how to counter thief, only go cry on forum and want revenge. Experienced and pro player no need to cry on forum and make thousands of QQ topics about “OP” thief to feel better. Experienced and pro players learn how to counter thief instead.

And as was said on post more up. Videos where 1-60 lvl players go fight with full exotic 80 lvl experienced thief is no proof of OP of thief. Its only proof that these ppl are noobs and only want discredit thieves on forum.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

in Thief

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

And mesmers casn and guardians and yes warriors can.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Thief

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ve seen all the initiative gaining traits and abilities. You know, Infiltrator’s Signet, Roll for Initiative, Signet Use, Infusion of Shadow, Patience, Quick Recovery, Quick Pockets, Preparedness (ups initiative you can have by 3), Initial Strike, and Hastened Replenishment.

It’s fairly easy to gain that Initiative back, INCREDIBLY so if you’re playing a thief that has the Dagger as a secondary weapon for both weapon sets, and the right trait setup. Hell a 0/0/10/30/30 with a S/D weapon setup and Hide In Shadows, Roll for Initiative, Shadow Refuge, and Blinding Powder can do this TERRIFYINGLY well, especially so if combined with Infusion of Shadow, Quick Recovery, Quick Pockets, and Hastened Replenishment.

[hS]

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Thief

Runcore.5107

Exactly. Ppl have problem that thieves are good on 1v1 fights but fact that eles can beat 1vX player from afar they dont mention. Thx god that Anet go nerf AoEs, it is REAL OP problem and not thieves. Thieves are made to be very good on 1v1 and this is problem for many ppl but fact that there are classes that can beat 1vX player is not problem for ppl.

There are many classes that are really OP like warriors or mesmers but all ppl only attack thieves and why? Only because they have stealth, thats all. But stealth belong to thief like clones/phantasms to mesmers. Want remove stealth from thieves is same like want remove clones/phantasms from mesmers or bows or pets from rangers.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

There’s nothing wrong with thieves. Just mad kids QQing.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Runcore.5107

150% agree swinsk.6410 and is very good that Anet see it too and instead of some nonsencial nerfing of thief they focus on nerfing AoEs which are really OP on game. Is good to know that Anet designers are reasonable and dont listen to crying kids on forum and balance things that really need to be balanced and is good to see reasonable ppl like you on forum which have really objective opinions instead of making another QQ topics about class which is balanced and right. This is exactly type of ppl who should be on forum and no ppl with head full of revenge coz was defeated by thief.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

in Thief

RyuDragnier.9476

…AoE, OP? I don’t see it. All AoE is ridiculously easy to avoid in WvW and PvP that it isn’t funny. And even if they do hit you, they don’t seem to do a lot of damage at all.

[hS]

in Thief

Rayya.2591

1 guardian vs 5 players ? max vs 2 or 3 if all 3 are low lvl and got no clue how to play
mesmers ? since when, they die in 3 seconds when they get focused, they woudn’t be able to finish 1 when 4 focus him
regarding warrior , maybe you will teach them how :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/1vGroup-please/first#post1116839
None of them could yet, but maybe …. maybe you can
for mesmers i doubt , but … you know

no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Stop complaining about people complaining about thieves (and that goes for other classes too). I don’t like the fact that the whole thief section is covered in “Thief is OP!”-threads either, but you are definitely not making things better by starting all these “Thief is not OP!”-threads too. Keep it to “The thief and its gameplay – Your feedback”, there is no need to start another thread for it.
Whether the thief is OP or not it is far from balanced (just like all other professions out there), so there is always things to complain about and there are also things that could be buffed as a compensation.
Trying to silence other peoples opinions on the subject is not the solution for a reasonable discussion.

in Thief

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

+1 Cannot agree more. Nice post. Is the highest time to ban all ppl for making QQ posts and cry on forum. I think that spamming on forum is bannable and against rules and QQ topics and crying posts are great example of spamming forum.

Thief is very fragile character and has one of the lowest HP pool on game so he need some advantage to be able fight another OP classes like for example warrior which deal noncomparable more damage than thief + have much more HP and toughness than thieves. Without stealth and another skills thief will be only practise target for noobs who want some free kills.

As I said much time. First learn to play against thieves, then make one and level him to 80 level with full exotic gear and fight another experienced players and after that you maybe can speak about thief on forum. But ppl who have never played thief, dont know how thief work and go cry on forum how is thief OP, have no right to post such a topics and speak about thief. Absolutely no right!!!! All these QQ topics are made ppl who was 1-2 times defeated by some pro thief and now, instead of learning how to counter thief, only go cry on forum and want revenge. Experienced and pro player no need to cry on forum and make thousands of QQ topics about “OP” thief to feel better. Experienced and pro players learn how to counter thief instead.

And as was said on post more up. Videos where 1-60 lvl players go fight with full exotic 80 lvl experienced thief is no proof of OP of thief. Its only proof that these ppl are noobs and only want discredit thieves on forum.

Asking Anet to ban people you do not agree with it`s taking things rather far. They are customers who paid, same as you, and have the right to express their own views upon the game. You guys are saying a lot of people are complaining but have you ever wondered if maybe, just MAYBE, some of them have a point ?
You give d/d eles as an example, yet, i rarely have problems with them, unless it a ele played by a player better than me which would probably kill me on any class tbh.
If you guys think aoe`s are powerful, you probably forget that you can just walk out of it. Other classes, unlike thieves have cooldowns and cannot really spam anything except auto-attacks.
Also, before asking for bans, try leveling another class to 80 (like a engineer for example), get a few thousands kills/deaths on it and then come back and tell us with a straight face that thieves are ok.
And please, try to stop using abbreviations like “qq”, “l2p” or words like “noobs”. It just makes you look bad and everyone will assume you`re 12.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Trying to silence other peoples opinions on the subject is not the solution for a reasonable discussion.

They shouldn’t be posting here, but in Wvw or Suggestions. This sub-forum is for thieves discussing their builds, weapons, issues they have with completing content. This is the only profession sub-forum that is, at times, overrun, with qq-threads from non-thief players.

The best thing to do is probably ignore these threads and report them as off-topic with a suggestion to move the thread/post to another sub-forum. That way they can have their cake and we can eat ours.

in Thief

Rayya.2591

On the opposite side much ppl think that these ppl who are creating QQ topics and cry there 24h per day are 12. Normal ppl dont need to cry on forum whole day and only children still need cry and call for nerf of class which defeated them some times. We are only defending us.

we – an group of thieves who belive they are above others –
childrens that cry – players who enjoy the game, but would like some improvements.
defeated them some times
- 95 % of 1 vs 1 thief win ranger /warrior / mesm
75% thief defeat eng , dps element
even chances vs bunker guardians and elementarists

no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Runcore, i`m starting to think that you`re just trolling.
Now eveyone that doesnt agree with you is a “noob” and a “kid” who “qq`s” ?
Most people talk about the effort/result ratio, about how many escapes a thief has, the over the top damage and the abuse of culling in wvw.
On some classes you have to actually play TWICE as good as the thief player to stand a chance (in wvw atleast). Now, if you can come up with a mature post and argument your opinions, please do, until then making posts like this, will worsen the already bad opinion people already have on the thief community and will probably get you a few infractions as well.

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

in Thief

Runcore.5107

They shouldn’t be posting here, but in Wvw or Suggestions. This sub-forum is for thieves discussing their builds, weapons, issues they have with completing content. This is the only profession sub-forum that is, at times, overrun, with qq-threads from non-thief players.

The best thing to do is probably ignore these threads and report them as off-topic with a suggestion to move the thread/post to another sub-forum. That way they can have their cake and we can eat ours.

Right and totaly agree. Why here on thief sub-forum we must all time read only some QQ topics of another classes. This sub-forum should serve, as said above, for help thieves with play, help them with builds, traits, weapon combinations, strategy…etc and not only for effusions of some mentally unstable ppl who still feel need of complaining about thieves because they was some time defeated by some pro thief.

Why do you think here was created topic called “The thief and its gameplay – Your feedback”? It was created by moderators and Anet because they cannot stand this flood of off-topics, spamming and QQ topics which infected this sub-forum like a plague. This topic was made for crying children, there they can cry 24h per day and dont spam whole forum. Every day I go look to thief sub-forum and want read some news and some interesting build and what I see all time?? Only QQ posts how is thief OP. Trust me that after 5 months of reading still same QQ topics I have right to be angry to this type of ppl.

(edited by Runcore.5107)

in Thief

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, we would ask you to do it in a polite & constructive way.