Entangle - Just stealth out of it. [Video]

in Thief

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Don’t waste a cooldown to get out of entangle!!

in Thief

Posted by: Major Kaldash.3542

Major Kaldash.3542

It’s because entangle acts like a summon/spirit/pet and does require to see you to attack.

in Thief

Tricare.2946

It’s because entangle acts like a summon/spirit/pet and does require to see you to attack.

Well it’s a sad ability, just CND off of it and you just walk right out.

in Thief

Major Kaldash.3542

Not every class can just stealth out of it, but you’re right on the fact it’s not the greatest in pvp. In PvE on the other hand it’s really good since mobs rarely attack it so it lasts the full 20s. Also it can reroot you if you stand back on it so a ranger can sit on the root to hinder you if you try to melee him.

in Thief

Tricare.2946

Saying just because not everyone can do it, doesn’t mean it’s right. Correction, 2 Rangers cast 2 Entangles and get 10 people, 1 mesmer just uses mass-invis and they all walk out of it.

Also the vines shouldn’t have to ‘see’ their target to continue holding onto it…..

in Thief

Major Kaldash.3542

Saying just because not everyone can do it, doesn’t mean it’s right. Correction, 2 Rangers cast 2 Entangles and get 10 people, 1 mesmer just uses mass-invis and they all walk out of it.

Also the vines shouldn’t have to ‘see’ their target to continue holding onto it…..

If the 2 Rangers cast 2 entangles that still puts 10 roots on the floor those 10 people have to avoid, it doesn’t competently stop the elites.

it’s still puts immobilize on them so even if you stealth you still have to wait a second to get out, this isn’t the other elite that can be stopped with other skills, boon hate skills can hinder many elite benefits like warrior’s signet of rage or ranger’s rampage as one and many transform skills that give stability.

The Roots can also be destroyed by aoe damage and since the roots don’t have that much HP it doesn’t take long or much. An Aoe condition cleanse can get ppl out of the entangle also. You’re posting like Stealth is the fastest and only way out of Entangle.

in Thief

Tricare.2946

You’re missing the point. Stealth in and of itself should not stop an AoE attack. Unless traited, stealth should only be a target drop/invis, that’s it.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

This ability has been like this since the game was released. People are just realizing this now?

I’ve been stealthing out of entangles since I first started playing. CND off them works great. Can also BP+HS or hit your HiS heal. Refuge, anything will do.

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Tricare.2946

This ability has been like this since the game was released. People are just realizing this now?

I’ve been stealthing out of entangles since I first started playing. CND off them works great. Can also BP+HS or hit your HiS heal. Refuge, anything will do.

Well I main ranger and play mesmer. Can’t see what goes on while people are stealthed, they could have just used a skill to get out of it /shrug and on mesmer if I got hit with it, i’d normally just blink, blurred frenzy, or staff blink out of it, never any problem.

in Thief

Major Kaldash.3542

You’re missing the point. Stealth in and of itself should not stop an AoE attack. Unless traited, stealth should only be a target drop/invis, that’s it.

Target dropping is why the skill is doing that and the attack still goes off it’s not interrupted or stopped or misses you still get 1s immobilize at the very least. The only bug I see is that fact the root isn’t spawned when you use it on an in stealth character, I will agree that is a bug. Stealthing to get away from it after it’s on you is fine imo. To me that skill is like summoning a spirit that doesn’t move and roots and bleeds those that stand on it.

in Thief

Tricare.2946

Target dropping is why the skill is doing that and the attack still goes off it’s not interrupted or stopped or misses you still get 1s immobilize at the very least. The only bug I see is that fact the root isn’t spawned when you use it on an in stealth character, I will agree that is a bug. Stealthing to get away from it after it’s on you is fine imo. To me that skill is like summoning a spirit that doesn’t move and roots and bleeds those that stand on it.

I would have to disagree with stealthing to get away. It’s a plant (if we are saying it’s a summoned mob) that doesn’t have eyes. If the animation was just changed to show ’what’s really happening’ then you’d see a bunch of roots pop out of the ground around the ranger in the radius of the spell. The roots trying to grab onto something, anything. So them not ‘seeing’ their target, would have no affect on if they make contact or not.

in Thief

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

If I couldn’t just auto attack my way to freedom in the time it takes me to land a C&D, I might consider this a problem.

As it stands? Nope. Too many easy ways to deal with it for me to consider having one more a problem.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i think entangle should stun instead of imobilize

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Should keep you immobilized in stealth, imo.

Won’t stop me from using #3 P/D on it >_>