Escapist's Absolution

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

How about this trait removing condis on a dodge while in combat instead of only when dodging an attack? This will make the trait more viable .

(edited by pupi.2465)

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: Padd.1479

Padd.1479

that would be nice but i think this would make thief from being a class with very little/clunky condi clear to a class with an op condi clear which makes it mandatory for every build. unfortunately i cant think of a good middle way :/

100% Thief

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

that would be nice but i think this would make thief from being a class with very little/clunky condi clear to a class with an op condi clear which makes it mandatory for every build. unfortunately i cant think of a good middle way :/

Especially since DD lets you take your endurance bar for granted. In PvE I don’t even roll signet of shadows anymore on my DD, I just need dash, it’s freaking awesome, even in battle I rarely run out of endurance if I’m just even a tiny bit diligent, and if I do, signet if agility….a clear on dodge would make us immune to conditions

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Especially since DD lets you take your endurance bar for granted. In PvE I don’t even roll signet of shadows anymore on my DD, I just need dash, it’s freaking awesome, even in battle I rarely run out of endurance if I’m just even a tiny bit diligent, and if I do, signet if agility….a clear on dodge would make us immune to conditions

Adding an internal cooldown of 3 second won’t make it any more op than other class abilities.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Adding an internal cooldown of 3 second won’t make it any more op than other class abilities.

There ya go

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

agreed! 3 sec internal cd looks good!

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

no, thanks. atm I can clear condis every second in combat, why may I want to change it to 3 seconds?

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Kolly.9872

no, thanks. atm I can clear condis every second in combat, why may I want to change it to 3 seconds?

because then you can clear on demand and not only when an enemy is attacking you. At higher lvls vs skilled player it won’t work better.
3 seconds cooldown is for making it on par with with shadow’s embrace. By the way it’s a matter of opinions. I still think that both SE and EA are subpar if you consider reveal and all the conditions thrown around nowadays.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

because then you can clear on demand and not only when an enemy is attacking you. At higher lvls vs skilled player it won’t work better.
3 seconds cooldown is for making it on par with with shadow’s embrace. By the way it’s a matter of opinions. I still think that both SE and EA are subpar if you consider reveal and all the conditions thrown around nowadays.

In WvW and PVE at least (I do not play PvP) EA and a purity sigil are generally enough to keep me condition free. It in fact clears conditions better then does stealth and SE. It works fine as is
The ability of EA and driven fortitude to cleanse/heal work BETTER against multiple enemies. A longer cooldown is a bad idea.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Kolly.9872

In WvW and PVE at least (I do not play PvP) EA and a purity sigil are generally enough to keep me condition free. It in fact clears conditions better then does stealth and SE. It works fine as is
The ability of EA and driven fortitude to cleanse/heal work BETTER against multiple enemies. A longer cooldown is a bad idea.

well my bad not to say it was referred to pvp. Talking about pve, this game do not need much balance fixes. In pve you can realy play the way you want, I still have to meet a content I cannot do with my thief. I thought it was clear that when we talk about how this game is unbalanced, we were referring to pvp.
Let’s make an exemple: in pvp I cannot wait for an enemy to attack me to cleanse those low duration/high dmg burning stacks, for the time it takes, those 3 seconds buring stacks are already expired dealing the max dmg.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

babazhook.6805

well my bad not to say it was referred to pvp. Talking about pve, this game do not need much balance fixes. In pve you can realy play the way you want, I still have to meet a content I cannot do with my thief. I thought it was clear that when we talk about how this game is unbalanced, we were referring to pvp.
Let’s make an exemple: in pvp I cannot wait for an enemy to attack me to cleanse those low duration/high dmg burning stacks, for the time it takes, those 3 seconds buring stacks are already expired dealing the max dmg.

In PVP it would be worse as well with cooldowns on a dodge.

There are in sum total more dodges and evadess available to a thief than dodges alone. With certain weaponsets the difference is signficant. This means a thief can use either dodge or evade to use that condition cleanse without seriously compromising the need to dodge a bigger attck at a later point (true shot as example)

Just as an enemy can stop attacking when he loads something like fire on you so you can not cleanse it via an evade , given the nature of fire and how available it is he can just as easly wait till you dodge and then load fire back on knowing it will tick for three seconds. He can then continue attacking for that entire period .

If I am burning and taking damage from the same I would rather the enemy stop attacking then continue to do so as this will allow me to attack and do more damage while having only to deal with that fire . If it one or two stacks I do not have to worry about more coming because he worried about my cleansing with en evade. I can deal with that.

That said one should not have EA traited on its own. There are other condition cleanses available that can be used in such a scenario meaning the enemy comprimises his ability to deal damage in the period he refuses to attack just in case you evade to cleanse.

Cleanse on dodge means in a 10 second period with cooldowns you can clear off at most three conditions. This will mean burning all your dodges to do so. In that 10 seconds EA can cleanse 10 conditions. You will certainly not evade every second but because you have more sum total dodges/evades using up a dodge is not as telling,

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

How about this trait removing condis on a dodge while in combat instead of only when dodging an attack? This will make the trait more viable .

Or they could remove the ICD. Then people will stop face rolling skills so that they can nail the thief whenever the dodge ends and actually time their skills.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

fumcheg.1936

First of all, I don’t use SA and SE accordingly. Second thing is that nowdays I have to dodge all the time. I also dodge on s/d 3. On Withdraw. On RfI. And now you say it would be better for me to get condi cleanse every 3 seconds instead of every 1 second.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

the trait is fine atm

Talék

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Kolly.9872

First of all, I don’t use SA and SE accordingly. Second thing is that nowdays I have to dodge all the time. I also dodge on s/d 3. On Withdraw. On RfI. And now you say it would be better for me to get condi cleanse every 3 seconds instead of every 1 second.

if you spam dodge, you’re not using thief/daredevil well. That said, I don’t mind, if you’re happy having 1 of the few condition removal we got, depending on the enemy behavior, good luck with that. I don’t even use it cos sword #2 is far better.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

fumcheg.1936

if you spam dodge, you’re not using thief/daredevil well. That said, I don’t mind, if you’re happy having 1 of the few condition removal we got, depending on the enemy behavior, good luck with that. I don’t even use it cos sword #2 is far better.

I did not say I spam dodge. I dodge when I need to evade attack. And each time I evade attack I clean one condi. Double profit. Looks like you are the one who can’t handle with right dodge timing.

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Kolly.9872

I did not say I spam dodge. I dodge when I need to evade attack. And each time I evade attack I clean one condi. Double profit. Looks like you are the one who can’t handle with right dodge timing.

Don’t worry. When I realy need to dodge I do it. And when I need to remove a condition I do it aswell. It seems you like a trait that works when you don’t need to cleanse anything but just to dodge. Have fun fighting competent players.
WvW/PvE are the same thing for me, full of braindead people that spam AoE everywhere. There I can see why you want to have no cd on condi removal, cos mindless spamming dodge inside that AoE mess for cleansing condis it’s truly a skillfull play.

(edited by Kolly.9872)

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

Just add 2nd toughtness stat that reduces condi dmg… so casters would have great survi vs condi and bad vs psyh/medium armor should have middle ground/Harmor should be great vs psyh and bad vs condi… But dont worry, there is no way that will ever happen.

1st if all its daredevil trait, that means it should provide “new” playstyle for us and allow us to stay in fight longer, problem is 1 condi clear doesnt cut it. Even if you evade and this game registers it as “evade” cuz if you evade preemptively it just wont work. Game is punishing you for reading enemy and forces you to wait till last milisec to evade so it will be registered. Lets wait next 3 years for new spec for thief that will rly provide new playstyle…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Leave things alone. It’s been a long time since we actually got something useful and now you are giving a net attention. It’s fine as it is, the whole dd line is (even if it’s a rip off from acro)

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Escapist's Absolution

in Thief

babazhook.6805

The other reason to leave it alone is of course the fact that cleanse on evade favors weaponsets that need more advantages over the standard d/p. On dodge just makes a cleanse easier for d/p users. It does not help thieves.

Changing it to on on dodge means another reason not to play anything but d\p.

(edited by babazhook.6805)