Evasion Build - Feedback

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Hey guys,

Just trying to see if there is a more successful version of this build out there.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQRAsY8YlYmiO3dy9E95Ey2jKUn4JuCOV3jryqqKA-jUCBYLDimsIQ0HhO7RZNBSQsMsIas6FYqTER1uDFRrWGgqxA-w

Going for less stealth usage and more of a toe-to-toe fighter relying on weapon swapping and evasion.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I see what you’re trying to accomplish, but it’s too restricting to have only S/D available. Sooner or later you’re going to find yourself in a fight wishing your alternate was SB or D/P.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Isn’t this much like the old S/D evade spam before #2 nerf? Didn’t that build a lot but from what I can see, it looks like it has a lot in common..

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

It’s true. I wasn’t trying to go for burst because I know D/X would be the best choice for that but I didn’t totally want to rule out stealth, mainly for the condition cleansing. It kinda sucks, I feel most, if not all builds for thieves revolves around stealth which rules out unique builds and once you understand how stealth works, it’s gg.

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Isn’t this much like the old S/D evade spam before #2 nerf? Didn’t that build a lot but from what I can see, it looks like it has a lot in common..

Yeah, I remember watching a video of Ezio or something like that back in the day doing a full on evasion build before the change to initiative. Couldn’t remember the video name or the build.

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

S/D evade isnt worth much anymore because of the two skill split wich proc a timer during wich you AINT dodging and prety much vulnerable to combos, running S/P as unestetic as it might sounds is more worthwhile right now because pistol whip doesnt suffer from a 2 second wasted on a move that doesnt allow to dodge. At least PW first move stun the target to compensate for the exposed time.

you dont need that many initiative as to run 30 in acrobatics for the weapon swap if you run roll for initiative in the first place. I like to run the endurence generator signet for free critical rating and instant endurance bar going full along with a free cond removal instead of the infiltrator wich anyway you already have with your sword 2.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Evasion Build - Feedback

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I see what you’re trying to accomplish, but it’s too restricting to have only S/D available. Sooner or later you’re going to find yourself in a fight wishing your alternate was SB or D/P.

^ yep. In sPvP this might be acceptable due to the smaller size of the battlegrounds (as Jumper displayed), but in WvW you absolutely need to have some more flexibility, preferably with SB.

Also, I’m personally not a fan of the 10 into SA. You already have enough condition removal from IR, Withdraw, RFInitiative, and Shadowstep for 99% of the situations you’re going to be in, the points into SA are just a bit pointless.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter