Exotic to crazy P/P build for PvP

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Well i did more theocrafting and tested it in a few matches.
It looks thrown all over the place but played intresting.

High survivability.
Full map mobility.
Enough damage for any +1.
Good disengage potential.
It´s a kiting build and plays quite funny dealing good damage even with paladin. Maurauder is the other one i used but not shure if ferocity pays off in that case.

I am definitly far from good with thief but this one seems comftable.
Might not spike as other builds but it can do the decap and +1 job well.

And its up for anoying kiting fun. Don´t underestimate it´s might stacking potential.
Even condi damage becomes a thing. I play it for fun, but it feels like good potential and worth learning to handle or master it.
Initiative is for P 3 and 4 as well as bow 5. Usually nothing more. The build is creating a minefield shooting out of the shadow multiple times. Then you decide if to run or not. For disengage swap bow and go. Roll for initiative can be uses to flee or to “reload”. I know shadowstep is top and maybe the better choice but not shure.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhenYZTwtJw/EL8Em2Z6HEA8OCZhZw8B8BWBB-TpBFABA8AA+vMwCHBAgPEAYv/ABnAAA

I have the feeling if i learn to play it, it will work and be quite surprising. Needs good maneuvering and timing with traps and shots but feels like a challenge that makes fun.

Annyone with experience on such a build?

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Not with this build no, I normally run a Core Thief Assassin’s Ammy build, since Unload scales a lot better with high crit High Ferocity over Power, a quirk of Multi hit skills since the near instant 25 might stacks covers the Power loss it requires extensive knowledge on positioning and kiting to be effective, but is hard countered by Engi and Eles and to a lesser extent Warriors and Minion Mancers.

The build I use when I want to kitten around on P/P is DA/CS/Tri your mobility/juke potential is highly limited but normally is not needed in any 1v1 scenario.

in Thief

Wolfric.9380

But dash is extreamly valuable. Loosing mobility doesn´t feel right. Thats why i moved off base thief. And disengage is important too. Ele and engi must be played careful i know. Warrior is always dangerous.
Thanx for the answer. Assassin´s is about 61% crit rate for giving up lots of survivability. Shure thiefs are a burst class but i always say dead is dead.
main ele. I know what to watch :-). And i am already used to positioning and kiting due to playing scepter so i thought i do somethign for fun that actually works. I alsways try to do soemthing that surprises. Maybe its not stable and can be counterd but game is over and next one has diffrent people :-)
I kill so many with my ele due to them not knowing what´s going on ….

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

But dash is extreamly valuable. Loosing mobility doesn´t feel right. Thats why i moved off base thief. And disengage is important too. Ele and engi must be played careful i know. Warrior is always dangerous.
Thanx for the answer. Assassin´s is about 61% crit rate for giving up lots of survivability. Shure thiefs are a burst class but i always say dead is dead.
main ele. I know what to watch :-). And i am already used to positioning and kiting due to playing scepter so i thought i do somethign for fun that actually works. I alsways try to do soemthing that surprises. Maybe its not stable and can be counterd but game is over and next one has diffrent people :-)
I kill so many with my ele due to them not knowing what´s going on ….

Like I said this build is for feeling around, you can still do the Thief role but a little Slower.
It’s not just the Crit Rate but how Crit Strikes traits Synergize with Assassins Amulet you gain so much Crit Damage which is big on Multi Hit skills they will Crit often and for big numbers, since the build is a burst Build, if a class doesn’t have its passive Invuln/ carry mechanic up you will down them extremely fast, so much so to the point that you shouldn’t need to use Mobility if you catch them off guard or you plus one a team fight.

If you get caught while ini starved or with no Utilities it’s a very high chance you will Die.
I was playing on a Varient that dropped DA for DD and used Bound to combo with Black Powder when needed it provided more survivability but you lose some damage and lose the ability to lock down players with Panic Strike.

in Thief

Wolfric.9380

I did not focus on wining 1:1 (but i could outplay and kill them). Fast and anoying. Enough to win a +1 and don´t die. So live longer then a normal thief. It gives tactical options. But i will try assassin´s and look what happens. My thief experience is not great. I play ele main and war secondary with thief is third if in the mood. Maybe i can use thief as third option if a game calls for it in the future.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Definitely needs stronger condi removal. At the very least take Escapists. Needle Trap isn’t doing much for you with such low condi damage. Trickery is also sort of a waste. You get one extra Unload and decent damage buff but no survivability outside of weak condi removal. Try Crit Strikes with Invigorating or Acro for the defense.

Unload works best with damage stacking bonuses. This build should maximize the big shots and be significantly more survivable. Shadow Trap can be potent on some maps. Ambush isn’t a bad choice since it often confuses lessor players.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn8lCFmilNB+NB8PhFeCbLNdAKQanpfQAYOB2ArgA-TpRBQBA4EAcu9H2whAwhlB0wRA4BPAAA

Not sure how it will play but worth a shot.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this is a troll build I used in pvp a while back. dodge in bp for stealth, hit em with the sneak attack + unload to heal for a bunch and blind spam them. you could easily go for more damage by swapping out ankle shots for practiced tolerance and invigorating precision for no quarter for about 190% crit damage. then scrap acro for trickery. but dem heals doe. funny build.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)