Extra dodge is our mechanic change?

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

First off let me state I’m by no means complaining and I’m very excited for the new spec. I’m a little confused though, as all the other classes are getting a mechanic change for their f1 skills. Berserker gets shorter adrenaline bar and different variations of f1 skills, chrominancer gets a new f1 skill all together, reaper replaces deathshroud, so on and so forth. So our mechanic change is adding a dodge bar? Am I missing something??? Kind of lame that this was a trait before and we are just getting it back as our mechanic change, but I’m excited to have it back none the less.

in Thief

Posted by: Spurrlock.3219

Spurrlock.3219

I didn’t know that we had a leap on dodge before!

Our true mechanic change is a customizable dodge.

in Thief

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Well to be quite honest I consider the grandmaster traits to be the true mechanic of the daredevil: Completely changing the way you dodge. The 150 endurance is just a way to supplement it. It’s just like engineer’s and kits. The class mechanic is the toolbelt skills but the thing that makes the engineer special are its kits.

EverythingOP

in Thief

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

Honestly feel we’ve got the best spec out of all the other profession(maybe chronomancer comes close). Sure it isn’t something new. The irony is that the spec looks like it will work better with any other weapon that isn’t the Staff or Shortbow because you don’t have a blinding field to combo stealth. If you really wanted, you can swap weapons and do that, though the staff does brings something new that thief hasn’t had an ample supply of, and that is weakness.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Honestly feel we’ve got the best spec out of all the other profession(maybe chronomancer comes close). Sure it isn’t something new. The irony is that the spec looks like it will work better with any other weapon that isn’t the Staff or Shortbow because you don’t have a blinding field to combo stealth. If you really wanted, you can swap weapons and do that, though the staff does brings something new that thief hasn’t had an ample supply of, and that is weakness.

Yeah, Weakness plus the utilities bring some hefty hard CC, one of which is a low CD stunbreak + knockdown. I may finally end up removing Shadowstep from my bar for that as well as the Elite.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

I think our new mechanic is the dodge change.
No other class can change the dodge ability.
And honestly it’s awesome.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: reinforever.8902

reinforever.8902

I think our new mechanic is the dodge change.
No other class can change the dodge ability.
And honestly it’s awesome.

Ok yeah that makes way more sense. Guess I was overlooking something.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

i think it important to keep in mind just how significant the customizable dodge is.

We relied in a great part on our INI to do damage. In fact many of those we fought would wait until a thief was ini depleted before going on the offensive knowing they would be in little danger. Spamming a skill would burn ini and leave one unable to inflict further damage to any great extent unless using the AA.

We can now use Endurance to do damage and it is not insignificant damage.

Bound and Lotus training can pump out significant damage when our ini restoring and it can not just be ignored by an enemy. With the higher pool we can get three of these types of attacks off in a row if we wished but added to that , vigor and other sources of endurance now become alternate sources of damage.

We used to train acro line just for the dodges and defense it afforded but one or two more dodges out of this line is one or two more bounds or lotus training attacks.

A skill like “hard to catch” that refills endurance now gives us three more attacks after we are stunned if we so wish without touching our ini pool. Acro is no longer just a defensive line.

Sigils of stamina, and of energy, and runes of the adventurer can now all be considered sources of damage and not just a means to avoid damage.

As a mechanics change , this is huge and IMHO much different than what any other profession as yet received as far as “changing the way we fight”.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Cornholio.1567

Cornholio.1567

Use pp
Use blinding power
Dodge leap into stealth
Hit 1
Repeat for endless trolling and mega lolz while you watch them bleed out.. overall amusing trait, inb4 nerf

Atleast thats how l imagine it gonna be

(edited by Cornholio.1567)

in Thief

Posted by: Overworld.9613

Overworld.9613

…though the staff does brings something new that thief hasn’t had an ample supply of, and that is weakness.

Can I just point out that the Thief has had an ample supply of weakness, both in the health pool and damage output.

Secretly creative