[F2] button for Stolen Item skill usage

in Thief

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Let’s say you steal. You get your stolen item on the new F2. You wait for the steal CD to finish without using your previously stolen item (now F2). Now, you steal again, but your steal misses (got blocked, evaded, blinded, etc.), now I ask you: Will that stolen item you didn’t use, disappear?

When steal misses you do not get an item, so following logic there is nothing to overwrite the old one you have, so my guess is that you will still keep the old stolen item.

That’s what I assumed, but you can’t always apply logic behind Anet’s decisions, lol.

in Thief

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Nice, Thanks for the head’s up. If you could continue posting about other changes before they go live it would be appreciated.

in Thief

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Nice QOL ,

Whens the necro DS/utilty one?

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Nice QOL ,

Whens the necro DS/utilty one?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Wherefore do Necros need 2? Can I do something else with F1 than activating and deactivating Death Shroud?

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Wherefore do Necros need 2? Can I do something else with F1 than activating and deactivating Death Shroud?

He meant utilities working/CD’s in DS the least restrictive mechanic in the game.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

Jana.6831

He meant utilities working/CD’s in DS the less restrictive mechanic in the game.

You mean the “9 s until you can use death shroud again” which you can’t see when in Death Shroud?
It’s always 9 seconds when I stop, no matter how long I used it, so I don’t want/need a F2 for my necro.

Edit: Grammar

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Myrone.3982

Myrone.3982

Does anybody know a link to the live stream?

in Thief

Sagat.3285

He meant utilities working/CD’s in DS the less restrictive mechanic in the game.

You mean the “9 s until you can use death shroud again” which you can’t see when in Death Shroud?
It’s always 9 seconds when I stop, no matter how long I used it, so I don’t want/need a F2 for my necro.

Are…you…trolling? Anyway I will not stain those news with putrid corpses, let’s just appreciate it.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Jana.6831

Are…you…trolling? Anyway I will not stain those news with putrid corpses, let’s just appreciate it.

No, I just honestly have no idea wherefore I would need an F2 key for Necro.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

No, I just honestly have no idea wherefore I would need an F2 key for Necro.

He didn’t say F2 he said DS/utility…

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Jana.6831

So you say it’s completely offtopic and isn’t related at all with this topic? ok.
Btw I still don’t know what you mean as with my necro it looks like this:

Edit: so here’s an idea: You guys make a topic about whatever is missing with your class on your forums and we two delete our posts in this thread – as I honestly have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Edit² or did you mean the skills 6-0?
That is, in fact not related to this thread at all.

Attachments:

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

So you say it’s completely offtopic and isn’t related at all with this topic? ok.
Btw I still don’t know what you mean as with my necro it looks like this:

Edit: so here’s an idea: You guys make a topic about whatever is missing with your class on your forums and we two delete our posts in this thread – as I honestly have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Edit² or did you mean the skills 6-0?
That is, in fact not related to this thread at all.

Lol he just asked(and the rest of the necro community in our section and more). How not it’s about the class mechanic,it’s effectiveness and QoL changes O.o??

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Jana.6831

Lol he just asked(and the rest of the necro community in our section and more). How not it’s about the class mechanic,it’s effectiveness and QoL changes O.o??

No, it’s a completely different mechanic and you guys are offtopic, that’s why I didn’t get you.
Again: make a thread about it on your forums, it has got nothing to do with the F2 skill thieves will be getting.

Edit: Hint: It’s not really about the cooldown which is shown. For now it works like this: You use steal as a gap closer and get an item you have to use before you can a) see the cooldown, b) use steal again. Sometimes it would be stupid to use this item at some point, but you have to use it before you can steal again. Now you have a choice. That’s the most important thing about this.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

if necros could use utilities while in DS, that would be huge buff

can’t compare it to F2 stolen spell where in game atm you just drop stolen spell to use steal again…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Sagat.3285

No, it’s a completely different mechanic and you guys are offtopic, that’s why I didn’t get you.
Again: make a thread about it on your forums, it has got nothing to do with the F2 skill thieves will be getting.

Edit: Hint: It’s not really about the cooldown which is shown. For now it works like this: You use steal as a gap closer and get an item you have to use before you can a) see the cooldown, b) use steal again. Sometimes it would be stupid to use this item at some point, but you have to use it before you can steal again. Now you have a choice. That’s the most important thing about this.

I see it as bug fix and we have plenty of them already but k.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Tera GX.8149

Tera GX.8149

F1 = Steal. Alt + F1 = F2 bind.

I didn’t think of this, a simple modifier key will keep reaching low. Thanks for the solution.

Tera Xenphos of Fort Aspenwood (guildless, deliberately)

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

AWESOME! Thanks so much for this QoL upcoming feature; definitely looking forward to it.

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Thanks Karl! I bet we can suspect the new mechanic to be something like double steal? haha Just joking. (Or maybe not(A))

in Thief

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Any idea on how much of a rework stolen bundles are getting?

In the 3 hour AMA when we got to thief there was mention of changes to the stolen items.

Can we expect the same items just rebalanced a bit to be more fair or are we talking almost completely different things in some cases?

in Thief

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

My question is is this going to end up like ranger pig pet skills where they have their own internal cool down or is it staying the same where they don’t?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hey all,
A heads up: we’re adding an F2 button for the items that you (thieves) steal from enemies.

~snip~

Cheers,
-Karl

Why “you (thieves)” and not “we (thieves)”?

It seems that even though I am thankful that Karl is looking after the Thieves that our profession is still not being represented in the balance team.

I guess baby steps…but dang, one step every 3 years…sigh.

EDIT:

By the way, what would this cost us?

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Karl McLain

Previous

Karl McLain

Game Designer

In the 3 hour AMA when we got to thief there was mention of changes to the stolen items.

Can we expect the same items just rebalanced a bit to be more fair or are we talking almost completely different things in some cases?

Great question!

There will be a couple of changes to items stolen mainly from players (though these do exist in PvE as well). This is mostly out of necessity due to the changes with Improvisation and in how you’re able to use a stolen item multiple times. Some examples:
The necro fear skull is going from 3 seconds maximum, to 2 seconds maximum. The guardian mace daze will be reduced from 4 to 3 seconds for daze. The ranger’s Healing Seed will have a reduced duration (10s → 5s), but pulse twice as fast (2s pulse → 1s pulse).

Needless to say, it’s not the goal to remove viability of using a stolen item once. There’s just a few cases in which using the stolen bundle twice does just a little too much.

Thanks for the feedback and for keeping things civil, everyone.

-Karl

in Thief

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

That was so obvious Karl you do that! And all these nerfs will be done only to balance improvisation, which will be must have since then. I understand you don’t hear customers feedback but do you personally play your game at least?

Talék

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Great question!

There will be a couple of changes to items stolen mainly from players (though these do exist in PvE as well). This is mostly out of necessity due to the changes with Improvisation and in how you’re able to use a stolen item multiple times. Some examples:
The necro fear skull is going from 3 seconds maximum, to 2 seconds maximum. The guardian mace daze will be reduced from 4 to 3 seconds for daze. The ranger’s Healing Seed will have a reduced duration (10s -> 5s), but pulse twice as fast (2s pulse -> 1s pulse).

Needless to say, it’s not the goal to remove viability of using a stolen item once. There’s just a few cases in which using the stolen bundle twice does just a little too much.

-Karl

I hope you realize that this is not a good trade off, more specifically that fear skull, 2s is just too short for a single charge.

I think that the best course of action is NOT give 2 charges of the same item and instead improve the item’s effectiveness.

For instance, just leave the fear skull as is but when traited, the fear duration is increased by one second. This will achieve the balance that you are trying to reach and at the same time not nerfing the Thief who don’t trait for Improv.

As for healing seed, keep the duration of 10s and give the faster pulse when traited.

TL;DR

No double item use, just improved effectiveness on stolen items.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Great question!

The necro fear skull is going from 3 seconds maximum, to 2 seconds maximum. The guardian mace daze will be reduced from 4 to 3 seconds for daze. The ranger’s Healing Seed will have a reduced duration (10s -> 5s), but pulse twice as fast (2s pulse -> 1s pulse).

-Karl

Trying to sell nerfs as buffs again! Selling fixes to broken stuff as buffs and breaking more stuff, being generally clueless “dagger training gives a 5% damage increase on poisoned targets now, we changed that from,,, I do not know… I think it required a condition to be persent… It is a buff anyway…”

How often have you reitroduced the hidden thief + mug buff, now 3 times?

Darn you people suck at marketing.

in Thief

apharma.3741

Great question!

-Karl

Thanks for the response, a lot of mesmers in particular were getting in a tizzy about 20s of (nearly) all boons for thieves if ecto is stolen.

The actually change is a good QoL improvement for thieves, thanks for the heads up and the improvement.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

thanks karl <3

can you pls show us the thief spec now ?

in Thief

Cynz.9437

knew it! there will be some nerfing comming, CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS lol

inb4 tooth stab applies 1 stack of bleeding now xDDDD

this is just comical, most of the stolen spells are not even that amazing and are very situational xD

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

yay more nerfs

[SA]

in Thief

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

This is going to be fun.
Thieves QQ incoming (pop corn ready)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Great question!

-Karl

Thanks for the response, a lot of mesmers in particular were getting in a tizzy about 20s of (nearly) all boons for thieves if ecto is stolen.

The actually change is a good QoL improvement for thieves, thanks for the heads up and the improvement.

The base durations on Ectoplasm are rather low but look so long because boon duration effects are overly-used and overpowered in general. Mesmers have the capacity to strip and steal these boons back as well.

I don’t find myself overly-worried with the nerfs, because I feel that stolen bundles are already very weak in PvP environments to the point where I almost always dump them, even while steal is on cooldown, due to the fact I’d rather see the timer and not be able to do anything than try and use a bad skill in a sub-optimal way. The only exception is the ranger’s spring because it’s basically the only way to deal with large amounts of conditions, which the incoming baseline change to spring looks like a buff IMHO, so I don’t see it as very damaging and it won’t really change much for me as I’ll most likely continue dropping the bundles until I steal off of a ranger, and then hang onto it as a means of a cleanse since our alternate options are just so bad.

in Thief

apharma.3741

The base durations on Ectoplasm are rather low but look so long because boon duration effects are overly-used and overpowered in general. Mesmers have the capacity to strip and steal these boons back as well.

I don’t find myself overly-worried with the nerfs, because I feel that stolen bundles are already very weak in PvP environments to the point where I almost always dump them, even while steal is on cooldown, due to the fact I’d rather see the timer and not be able to do anything than try and use a bad skill in a sub-optimal way. The only exception is the ranger’s spring because it’s basically the only way to deal with large amounts of conditions, which the incoming baseline change to spring looks like a buff IMHO, so I don’t see it as very damaging and it won’t really change much for me as I’ll most likely continue dropping the bundles until I steal off of a ranger, and then hang onto it as a means of a cleanse since our alternate options are just so bad.

There’s a difference between having the ability to strip them and actually having the option. The only builds that generally use boon strip is a power shatter taking shattered concentration, which is 4 boons if Illusionary Persona is made baseline and you hit with 3 clones.

Most mesmers feel they need blink and decoy to survive so unless they stick arcane thievery or null field in their final utility they don’t have the option to steal it or strip it in a lot of cases.

Having said that, looking at the examples above it wouldn’t surprise me if it became 5s of all boons which as both a thief and Mesmer player I’d be happy with.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

GS and sword strip boons, they can trait to strip boons, and they possess multiple utilities to strip boons, and one to re-apply all of them back to the mesmer. Arcane Thievery is a fantastic skill no matter how you look at it seeing it has a solid condition cleanse attached to it and is unblockable gaining versatility against engineers, too. Null field is one of the best utilities in the game, and if a mesmer refuses to consider playing with a utility weapon, counter-play boon builds which are already dominant across all classes and extremely powerful on some in particular (celestial ele), or consider cleansing conditions, the mesmer honestly deserves to fight at a deficiency for failing to try and deal with any reasonable opponent rather than hoping PU passive playing will carry them in duels.

in Thief

apharma.3741

Putting aside your deliberate attempt to call me a passive PU Mesmer player.

When running zerk you need blink as a utility skill just as you won’t catch a thief without shadowstep, you won’t see a mesmer without blink. Second slot will usually be decoy as you again need the gtfo it provides. So that leaves you with one slot left. Usually you’ll want a condi cleanse if not playing with a known team.

Arcane thievery has a 45 second cool down, can miss and has a history of missing a lot. This in no way compares to the mantra. Even with the boon steal aspect.

Null field…really? Again, 40s cool down, while it can cleanse as much, the pulsing nature isn’t great. As for stripping boons off a thief, no good thief will ever be caught in it for long. Mantra is better for the Mesmer.

A thief would have to be picking their nose to have more than 1 boon removed via the sword auto as it happens on the 3rd strike of the chain. GS again 1 boon on mind stab. To remove all the boons or a large amount you’d need a 4 clone shatter with shattered concentration and a mind stab, preferably after stab and retal are gone. However chances are the thief would be running regardless of boons after being hit with that, if they were hit.

The only mesmer specs I know that can and do slot the 2 utilities you mentioned are ironically passive PU specs as they have the survivability to do so for them to work or not die if they don’t work very well.

Boon stripping has been outstripped (dat pun) by boon application and numeracy, there’s a reason most teams opted for an extra celementalist instead of boon strippers in the age of celementalist. Only ones I saw was the standard shatter mesmer and corrupt boon necros that could spike remove for burst, even then they couldn’t touch consume plasma and its numeracy of boons.

in Thief

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Putting aside your deliberate attempt to call me a passive PU Mesmer player.

When running zerk you need blink as a utility skill just as you won’t catch a thief without shadowstep, you won’t see a mesmer without blink. Second slot will usually be decoy as you again need the gtfo it provides. So that leaves you with one slot left. Usually you’ll want a condi cleanse if not playing with a known team.

Arcane thievery has a 45 second cool down, can miss and has a history of missing a lot. This in no way compares to the mantra. Even with the boon steal aspect.

Null field…really? Again, 40s cool down, while it can cleanse as much, the pulsing nature isn’t great. As for stripping boons off a thief, no good thief will ever be caught in it for long. Mantra is better for the Mesmer.

A thief would have to be picking their nose to have more than 1 boon removed via the sword auto as it happens on the 3rd strike of the chain. GS again 1 boon on mind stab. To remove all the boons or a large amount you’d need a 4 clone shatter with shattered concentration and a mind stab, preferably after stab and retal are gone. However chances are the thief would be running regardless of boons after being hit with that, if they were hit.

The only mesmer specs I know that can and do slot the 2 utilities you mentioned are ironically passive PU specs as they have the survivability to do so for them to work or not die if they don’t work very well.

Boon stripping has been outstripped (dat pun) by boon application and numeracy, there’s a reason most teams opted for an extra celementalist instead of boon strippers in the age of celementalist. Only ones I saw was the standard shatter mesmer and corrupt boon necros that could spike remove for burst, even then they couldn’t touch consume plasma and its numeracy of boons.

Seriously, any competent player would not let you use another Mentra through the duration of any fight… It’s a suicide skill if you’re not using it when stealth/ OOC/ or distortion.

in Thief

apharma.3741

If only most mesmers ran some form of decoy, off hand torch and/or mass invis and could manage to do repositioning and recharging a mantra at the same time. There’s also enough time to charge more than one mantra (if you did run such a build, not that I have seen many) when moving between points ;-)

But I feel it’s moving completely off topic to be honest. The base duration on the boons from consume ectoplasm is 10s for all but stability and retaliation which are 3 and 5 respectively. With a double bundle and 21.5s steal you’re looking at nearly 100% uptime of protection, regen, swiftness, fury and vigor, 2 aegis and 20s of a single stack of might.

Even without double bundle that’s nearly 50% uptime of some very powerful boons. Which is what I was saying originally before we got side tracked.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

The only issue I really see with it is the protection paired with the new Shadow Arts line, as that implies a pretty constant 83% reduction in damage while maintaining the most overpowered regen abilities in the game. That said, I think that’s more an issue with Shadow Arts than anything. Otherwise, it’s not unreasonable for a thief to have permanent uptime or close to permanent uptime on most of the boons except stability and aegis with existing builds and runes.

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Twelve second fears with double skull!

You could already do this. It’ll just be easier to manage as you’ll be able to see the cooldown on steal while you hold on to the first skull :-)

The difference is now you can pre-cast your skull, and then press f1 midway during the cast, to have a 100% reliable fear landing + daze + poison + mug steal. If you time it right, you probably can get another new item right after your steal.
It old days you HAVE to get close to target to cast that extremely telegraphic skull.

That’s why I said this is not a QoL but a buff.

currently you can also pre-cast your skull -> steal again -> skull
same goes for guard’s f1 or warriors or whatever…
so i have no idea what youre talking about with it being a buff (as if anet would ever buff thieves in such an obvious way as posting it on the forums… the amount of qq-posts we’d be getting would be insane)

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

I’ve been waiting like forever for that feature. NICE !!!!

in Thief

apharma.3741

Otherwise, it’s not unreasonable for a thief to have permanent uptime or close to permanent uptime on most of the boons except stability and aegis with existing builds and runes.

I guess that’s just where we differ in opinion then. I personally think it is too strong as no other class can maintain a permanent uptime on half those boons without a major commitment from traits and weapons.

in Thief

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The only issue I really see with it is the protection paired with the new Shadow Arts line, as that implies a pretty constant 83% reduction in damage while maintaining the most overpowered regen abilities in the game.

Damage reduction isn’t additive. It gets reduced by 50% then by 33% to 100 becomes 50 which becomes 33. So it would only be a 67% reduction in damage.

in Thief

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Great question!

-Karl

I like these, especially healing seed pulsing faster. I view the healing seed change as a buff regardless of improvisation, and with improvisation the other changes are logical: they are necessary due to the trait, with which it is still a buff rather than a nerf, and they are not too badly nerfed that they don’t remain useful without the trait. It’s a nice balance. Initially, I did think the modification to skull fear was bad, but it’s actually the same as the others; you get 2x interrupts and 4s overall fear if they don’t stun break/cleanse, and if they do for the first one, you have a second. It’ll be great for helping secure stomps and resses, and will double your decap potential on a point like clocktower mid.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

That was so obvious Karl you do that! And all these nerfs will be done only to balance improvisation, which will be must have since then. I understand you don’t hear customers feedback but do you personally play your game at least?

what are you complaining about?! i miss your point…
Karl DOES play the game and he plays thief too, not as main but he does!

He gave some examples of the “nerfs” to the stolen abilities and i must say i’m very happy with them, even if you don’t take improvisation, here is why:

Necro Fear: reduced duration from 3sec to 2sec, we use it as an interrupt, nothing else, even if it just lasted 0,5 sec it would still be a great AOE interrupt, WITH improv it will grant a total of 4secs of fear instead of 3 = BUFF.

The guardian mace daze will be reduced from 4 to 3secs for daze. here! another great single target interrupt that with improv will allow you to daze for 6 seconds

The ranger’s Healing Seed will have a reduced duration (10s ? 5s), but pulse twice as fast (2s pulse ? 1s pulse) meaning if you dont have improv you will get condis removed TWICE as fast, removing DOUBLE the condis and gain the same regeneration you have right now. Now double all that with improv if you trate it.

seriously… how can you ppl see a nerf here?!…

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

the nerf is change

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

apharma.3741

Yeah gotta admit the healing seed change is very nice and the others seem nicely shaved down where they were perhaps stronger than needed. I do hope whirling axes doesn’t get reduced duration though and just reduced (heard it was no damage) damage.

An improved engineer steal and halving of consume ecto duration (with 1/2s cast instead of 1s) would be nice to see.

Anyone gonna take a (back)stab at guessing the revenant steal?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

what are you complaining about?! i miss your point…
Karl DOES play the game and he plays thief too, not as main but he does!

He gave some examples of the “nerfs” to the stolen abilities and i must say i’m very happy with them, even if you don’t take improvisation, here is why:

Necro Fear: reduced duration from 3sec to 2sec, we use it as an interrupt, nothing else, even if it just lasted 0,5 sec it would still be a great AOE interrupt, WITH improv it will grant a total of 4secs of fear instead of 3 = BUFF.

The guardian mace daze will be reduced from 4 to 3secs for daze. here! another great single target interrupt that with improv will allow you to daze for 6 seconds

The ranger’s Healing Seed will have a reduced duration (10s ? 5s), but pulse twice as fast (2s pulse ? 1s pulse) meaning if you dont have improv you will get condis removed TWICE as fast, removing DOUBLE the condis and gain the same regeneration you have right now. Now double all that with improv if you trate it.

Well to be honest I do use fear in a high condition duration build to proc torment damage after loading on some torment or to get people to run off cliffs as well but really do not think a one second shave that big a deal.

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

the nerf is change

It will be change when it is serious action

" Taking Serious Action Creates Explosive Results "

Arena net: it is time for Explosive Results from thief profession!!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Thief

Jana.6831

I can blast that thing 5 times, I can heartseeker it five times, each time it gives me ~1,5 k health -so it is a nerf as the combo relies on my healing power alone.
And I wonder how I should send rangers to kingdom come according to protocoll now. (I never stomp them).

in Thief

Cynz.9437

I can blast that thing 5 times, I can heartseeker it five times, each time it gives me ~1,5 k health -so it is a nerf as the combo relies on my healing power alone.
And I wonder how I should send rangers to kingdom come according to protocoll now. (I never stomp them).

^^this

i actually found blasting water field more usefull than condi removal most of the time… so in a way it is a nerf for any thief that actually made use of stolen spells

All is Vain~