F3 to help define DD

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

A lot of people are still saying they feel like the dodge selection should be baseline and toggled (some say out of combat some don’t) so we can get actual grandmasters. Here is what I think:

Create an F3 DD profession skill. The skill itself will change depending on which grandmaster you have selected, and should complement it’s associated dodge type. It will also have a pop up that allows you to switch grandmaster dodge selection while out of combat for convenience. Note: these aren’t dodges, and don’t use endurance, they just gain functionality based on endurance.

Lotus Training -> F3: Poison Bomb Barrage
Cast time 3/4 second
Range 200 – 400 (randomized per bomb)
Field radius 100
Cooldown 15 seconds
Spin around, tossing bombs in all directions that leave behind a poisonous cloud for 4 seconds. Toss 2 bombs per full bar of endurance. Deals poison damage on impact and each field pulses poison every second.

Reasoning: It should provide an excellent set up for lotus whirl finishers, and help D/D condi as well. The poison duration from the skill itself should be minimal, as it’s meant to set up other skills, not melt things on its own.

Unhindered Combatant -> F3: Bolt
Cast time 3/4 second
Range 400 per full bar of endurance (1200 max)
Cooldown 15 seconds
Dash to target area. Clear cripple if you have at least one full bar of endurance, immobilize if you have two, and stun if you have three.

Reasoning: To allow fast movement without using all of your endurance or initiative, and provide a means of skipping out on shortbow if desired.

Bounding Dodger -> F3: Slam
Cast time 3/4 second
Range 600
Cooldown 15 seconds
Leap to the target area, dealing damage. Cripple targets if you have one full bar of endurance, immobilize if you have two, and knockdown if you have three.

Reasoning: Sets up further leaps from bound or vault that would otherwise be much harder to land.

If each dodge gave it’s own complementary profession mechanic like this, I can totally accept them as grandmasters.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

I like this but I doubt they want to make any more changes.

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

True. I intentionally made each skill easy to implement as they should be able to reuse existing assets for that reason.

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I like this but I doubt they want to make any more changes.

This.

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Karl said this yesterday in the Ele forum.

Bam!
Thanks everyone in advance for your constructive feedback. Please keep in mind that we’re getting close to day zero and that the smaller the change, the more likely we’ll be able to discuss and action that feedback. This isn’t the end, however. We’ll continue to make changes, when necessary, after HoT releases, as well.

Thanks!
-Karl

F3 to help define DD

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Updated. Given the 10% buffs to each gm, I slightly reduced the effectiveness of each F3 skill. I believe these should be fairly easy to implement.

Poison Bomb Barrage – we have a spinning animation and the ranger pet poison gas animation that could fit well.

Bolt – the current unhindered combatant dodge animation would work fine.

Slam – bound/vault animation would work fine.