Feb 26, 2013 - Patch Notes

in Thief

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Well, personally, I used stealth to drop aggro. I played for several hours after the patch, and now when stealth is done, the NPC is immediately on you again.

Shelving my thief after thinking it over. It is not the thief for me anymore.
no use crying over it, anet decided this was how to go….so, time to move on for me.

I just regret the time I put into the thief.

Stealth was weak as it was, now for me, it is a waste. Tinkered with some other builds, but…not for me. Will main another toon. The fun is gone from the gameplay for me, so not much point.

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

How about Hidden killer, Fleet shadow traits? still not working properly.
How about shadow trap? how ’bout dancing dagger? how ’bout flanking strike? still not working properly.

At least Shadow shot is usable now…

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

in Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

You’re right, I’m living in fantasy land.

It’s crazy here, I see D/D eles tearing apart groups including thieves.

if you’re a thief and you’re dying to any class you are unspeakably awful at PVP. you can literally just run away from anything.

oh i might be losing? okay bye.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

so much for the BIG pvp patch.

wasn’t it a SURPRISE?

That patch has been pushed to March. We knew this weeks ago.

They have been pushing it since last year, its a carrot on a stick.

Don’t know if you have head but in a recent interview 2 dev are talking about March April… \m/

in Thief

Posted by: Royce Melborn.3276

Royce Melborn.3276

Sorry guys, this question might awfully noobish but I’m a thief myself and I don’t really know what the big deal about this is? Why would stealth be useless now?

Ruins of Surmia (EU)
[Jd] Jam Death
“Work, Hustle, Kill”

in Thief

Posted by: Firellis.7954

Firellis.7954

I use withdraw on my thief.

thank you anet.

I’m gonna steal your heart.
-dragonbrand thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Laika.8795

Laika.8795

Sorry guys, this question might awfully noobish but I’m a thief myself and I don’t really know what the big deal about this is? Why would stealth be useless now?

It’s not. It’s what we call “hyperbole” and is used to express the feelings of bad players who can’t live without resetting aggro tables…

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

It’s a good implementation without completely destroying Thief PvE.

Implementation of what? What was the reason for this? Beyond the cove the mobs resetting on stealth could be counted on one hand.
Whatever, if the thief stays on top of the queue when stealthing, this means mobs stop doing anything?

in Thief

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Stealth change just separated the good from the many bad thieves further IMHO.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Maybe been in spvp too long.
It literally boggles my mind when Rangers say they’re weak and they’re one of the top professions atm.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Don’t worry, you will remain overpowered like kitten.

in Thief

Posted by: Ruggan.4102

Ruggan.4102

Most of the stuff listed for the thief nerf i completely agree with. I have a 80 thief and I agree that hitting walls in WvW should not be used to be perma stealth… but thats an exploit, period.
Things I do not agree with: No reset of Aggro from Mobs. People on here are saying thats a good thing because of their perspective of the OP thief in PvP… In PvE however, it makes stealth a useless commodity. Sure, in PvP stealth makes for a great get away… thats because players dont have an aggro table, they dont attack something just because it is causing them dmg or have low health or whatever. In PvE, the MOBS DO!!! So, since a thief can not lower aggro on him/her self… the thief has to either 1) lower their dmg output and maximize their health and toughness or 2) become the constant target of every mob in a dungeon as thier burst dmg outdoes other classes. Basically what this patch does to stealth is make it a heal (for those who use HiS or the Regen health in stealth traits) with a flashy animation. For those who use it to get the BS… well I guess it still works for that although I have seen mobs turn to face me while i was in stealth moving to their hindside… so guess not really that effective there either. Also, for the #3 spot on our downed abilities, it makes that ability completely useless because the mob just sits on top of you waiting for you to come out of stealth… which happens if you start to use the #4 heal ability… Umm yup useless.

in Thief

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

I did my normal run of CoF 1/2 last night. I will admit, it was 2 easy dungeons; therefore a very small sample size.

I play a D/P + SB thief and use a lot of stealthing. I saw absolutely no difference with this “nerf”.

When I stealth, mobs stop attacking me.* When I came back out, I was fine. For the most part, I try not to be the one with the most toughness; if I am, it will be an interesting run. When the mobs turn and look at me, I roll out and switch to SB to drop my threat.

To me, a thief means being versatile. I know I am not playing a WoW Rogue who always stands in melee, swinging two weapons.

*some mobs stay in an area and use an PBAoE that seems like they still attack you; like the Graveling Scavengers’ knockdown ability with repeated attacks.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well after 2 runs of fractals last night, I can say that there was no noticeable change for me. The only thing that was different is mobs didn’t sprint away at full speed when I stealthed.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: syd.8105

syd.8105

Thief Changes:
S/P no longer Viable.
Pistol Pistol less Viable.
Nothing else changed.

Huh?

in Thief

Posted by: Solrac.5264

Solrac.5264

^^ Id just ignore Daecollo’s comment on sword pistol no longer being viable. I’ve been playing sword pistol for about 40 levels so for…currently 64 and i have seen no change what so ever. still seems perfectly fine in dungeons and pve, don’t do too much pvp and whatnot with that weapon choice. Anyways they fixed bugs more than anything it seems.

I see no logic in his reasoning with S/P no longer Viable. just as most people are dropping comments saying they seen no change. Trust me my friend S/P is still perfectly fine

in Thief

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

^^ Id just ignore Daecollo’s comment on sword pistol no longer being viable. I’ve been playing sword pistol for about 40 levels so for…currently 64 and i have seen no change what so ever. still seems perfectly fine in dungeons and pve, don’t do too much pvp and whatnot with that weapon choice. Anyways they fixed bugs more than anything it seems.

I see no logic in his reasoning with S/P no longer Viable. just as most people are dropping comments saying they seen no change. Trust me my friend S/P is still perfectly fine

You’re 64, and you don’t pvp much (let alone use S/P in pvp), yet you’re here arguing with others about skill changes?!?

in Thief

Posted by: Killersquall.5730

Killersquall.5730

It’s like telling you, don’t play thief if you intend to PVE,

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

You’re 64, and you don’t pvp much (let alone use S/P in pvp), yet you’re here arguing with others about skill changes?!?

It’s not the skill that changed. He’s saying its no longer viable because on crit food effects have a cooldown. Honestly viabilty is somewhat subjective to what the user considers “good enough”.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter