Feline's Grace Memorial Post

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Here lies what remains of Feline’s Grace.
August 28, 2012 – June 23, 2015
R.I.P

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Saital.4819

Saital.4819

Pouring out a brew for the former best trait in the game.

in Thief

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

signed. Just so sad. So sad indeed.

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Pouring out a brew for the former best trait in the game.

Aye, here’s to all the good times we had with it.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

They just need to increase the vigor duration or something along those lines really, otherwise, even acro thanks to Hard to Catch w/o the random ports and DPS wise. Thieves got more buffs than nerfs, we hit kitten hard now.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

While it’s indeed a sad thing, it’s even sader that nobody remembers the BWE’s Feline’s Grace.

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

our vigor traited is 75% of what the normal vigor used to be and it sucks hard doesnt even matter if we have perma vigor. it should at least be back to 100% or 120% to be decent.
Right now its really bad the only good thing its Hard to Catch that fill up ur endurance bar

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Annnnnnd luckily this still exists…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Decent endurance regen.

in Thief

Posted by: dave.5219

dave.5219

A fresh perspective….A bowl of Orrian Truffel and Meat stew….100% percent Might on crit; 40% increase to endurance gain. I am s/d; cs, trick, acro gets me base power 2571; 1157 ferocity, furious sharpening stone, add steal(+250 ferocity)….i am hitting AA criticala closing in on 9k. 8441 was a Crippling Strike in WVW in a less than zerg situation. I am just waiting to be nerfed as a thf now…lol

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

Annnnnnd luckily this still exists…

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew

Decent endurance regen.

to bad you cant food up in tpvp

in Thief

Posted by: Kea.6380

Kea.6380

RIP feline grace. My thief is crap now.

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Give me back my feline grace, I feel slow as a necro,
No decent human being deserves that faith DX…

in Thief

Posted by: Graven X.6091

Graven X.6091

Seconded. My thief doesn’t feel right anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Thief? What we have now is a glorified coin toss. You either burst or die. Useless, graceless, tasteless…

in Thief

Posted by: Appleheart.7891

Appleheart.7891

RIP.

You will be missed, old friend.

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Between this and Ricochet getting the axe, there went my personal favorite setup.
(pours some freakin’ grain alcohol on the tombstone).

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Tuebor.3864

Tuebor.3864

RIP Feline Grace. My fun, fast, fluid thief play-style is gone. Now there’s nobody to keep pew pew rangers in line

in Thief

Posted by: kaikalii.4198

kaikalii.4198

RIP Feline Grace. Thanks for saving my kitten so many times.

Kaliiii (Thief) – SoS

in Thief

Posted by: Tuebor.3864

Tuebor.3864

Day 3:

Feline Grace, please return to us. We miss you

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

RIP dear Infusion of Shadows.
You will always be in me heart, trusty friend.

errrr….nvm xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Feline Grace, A friend, and trusted companion :’(

August 28, 2012 – June 23, 2015

Attachments:

Katsumi

(edited by Anonymouse.4760)

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Despite the fact that it looked like a change that rewarded skillful gameplay, the ners to vigour make Feline Grace worthless…
I’ll dearly miss you buddy! :’(

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Also found that feline grace is now dead. I decided to experiment with shadow arts line and I didn’t notice any less dodges compared to acro line

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah, the vigor setup is definitely inferior to it so basically a massive nerf. Gives extremely punishing failure and less reward.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

R.I.Pepperoni Feline Grace, you were nerfed because people thought we dodged too much.

I will avenge you with Shadow Arts.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Also found that feline grace is now dead. I decided to experiment with shadow arts line and I didn’t notice any less dodges compared to acro line

Yeah, it wouldn’t really feel different if you’re already in trickery. With bountiful theft and SoH, you already have 50% uptime on vigor. Assuming you start from 0 endurance, you’ll recharge about 3 dodges in the CD of steal or 130 endurance total. With endless stamina alone, you get 142 endurance. Since you start with 0 endurance in this example, the most you could activate FG is 3 times, keeping vigor up for 16 seconds receiving a total of 165 endurance in the 21 second period. Assuming you do everything perfectly, feline grace and endless stamina result in only 35 more endurance every 21 seconds.

The old feline grace front loaded your dodges allowing it to be useful in short fights. The new FG+ES is a mediocre improvement that’s only seen with excellent play over protracted fights.

P.S. throwing in dagger autoattack’s endurance gain further detracts from the feeling of usefulness

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: aspringa.8034

aspringa.8034

R.I.P my friend.

in Thief

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

RIP. An amazing trait gutted for the sake of “balance.”

in Thief

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Yeah, it wouldn’t really feel different if you’re already in trickery. With bountiful theft and SoH, you already have 50% uptime on vigor. Assuming you start from 0 endurance, you’ll recharge about 3 dodges in the CD of steal or 130 endurance total. With endless stamina alone, you get 142 endurance. Since you start with 0 endurance in this example, the most you could activate FG is 3 times, keeping vigor up for 16 seconds receiving a total of 165 endurance in the 21 second period. Assuming you do everything perfectly, feline grace and endless stamina result in only 35 more endurance every 21 seconds.

The old feline grace front loaded your dodges allowing it to be useful in short fights. The new FG+ES is a mediocre improvement that’s only seen with excellent play over protracted fights.

P.S. throwing in dagger autoattack’s endurance gain further detracts from the feeling of usefulness

Thanks for doing the math on this, Maugetarr!

Katsumi

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

oh

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

As a dual pistol user, I feel your pain. But fret not, my friend, because dual pistols have been rendered useless, so there’s no need for feline grace! All is right in Tyria!

(laughter that devolves into crying)

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

You’re welcome. There’s something I wanted to add that I thought about since then. Keep in mind I’ve only taken a cursory look at this so I might have missed something.

If you take crit strikes over acro, you can also trait signets of power while taking signet of agility. While this only reduces the recharge by 6 seconds, that could mean the difference between a signet being recharged at the beginning of the next fight or not. Also, reduced recharge takes it from essentially 3.33 endurance a second to 4.16. That’s a 21ish% improvement in that signet. So let’s revisit the original hypothetical and just normalize everything per second. If the CS thief slots SoA and traits SoP, he could achieve an average of 10.31 endurance a second. The acro thief (without SoA) can have an average endurance regeneration of 7.76. With SoA (at 30 second recharge) he has an average of 11.09 endurance per second. That means traiting in acro and taking SoA, you only end up with a 7.5% better endurance regen than simply taking a traited SoA in CS. This assumes that you always trigger FG also. The numbers would skew more favorably towards acro if HtC gets triggered also, but you have to get stunned while at 0 endurance to gain the entire benefit from it (and you don’t have control over the auto-proc). Both of these thieves were running standard trickery line.

Anyway, like I’ve said before, the marginal defensive gains from acro are nothing compared to the damage you lose by traiting out of CS (which was 16.5% more effective power for my particular setup).

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

i just dont get why they nerfed fg in this update…teef so squishy now and s/d really needs that extra dodges with this insane dmg.
i really miss fg…

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@Maug

The numbers are really interesting… Might give it another try. Perhaps we’re just not used to the new version of it.

I just personally loved how it would instantly restore 33% back, allowing you to essentially get 3 dodges in.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

@Maug

The numbers are really interesting… Might give it another try. Perhaps we’re just not used to the new version of it.

I just personally loved how it would instantly restore 33% back, allowing you to essentially get 3 dodges in.

I mean, you can if you want to, but the trickery line is doing most of the work for acrobatics. If you aren’t proccing FG with weapon evades, FG + ES is only netting you a total of 7.5 endurance per evasion over standard endurance regen and 2.5 endurance over standard vigor. The benefits of FG were cut in half and it doesn’t stack anymore. Trickery is really doing all the heavy lifting now. That’s why DA/CS/T is so close to DA/A/T.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

ya LOL Feline grace is probably be the most useless trait in game. each successful dodge only grants 2secs of vigor? and guess what? it has internal cooldown good Trololololling there Anet

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Good post. Acro line needs work or else it just too niche. vriety of builds plummets.

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

rip fg
An Error Prevented Saving:
Message Body length must at least be 15.

[SA]

in Thief

Posted by: Steinpilz.5078

Steinpilz.5078

I WANT IT BACK!

in Thief

Posted by: AegisRunestone.8672

AegisRunestone.8672

I WANT IT BACK!

This. So much. :’( I want to be an SA/Arco thief again.