Fighting Condi

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

So in WvW, I’ve been noticing that everyone and their mother runs condi now. I just hate it. I feel so helpless against condi guards/wars/mesmers/necros.

What can I do to counter this? I’m already in Valk/Zerk gear with pack runes. SA/Trick/DD and yes I trait for condi cleanse, but it’s just not enough it seems.

Condi just needs a flat nerf. It’s killing this game for me.

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: Zdenny.2704

Zdenny.2704

Options:
1)Acrobatics for additional cleanse
2) don’t run run squishy zerk build
3) reroll class
4) don’t fight

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

All of the above are silly options as that dosnt teach you how to get better. Best thing to practice is using escapest absolution as your main condi clear. Shadow step/return for burst clear. I play s/d and my condi clears are infiltrations return, shadow return and the trait. Withdraw as my heal.

As for fighting each class, it’s hard to ‘tell’ you how as everyone has different play sets. Most mesmers that are condi are condi shatters. Dodge at the end of the scepter beam to remove all confusion stacks and watch out for the block as the counter attack (melee range) gives you torment. So does the aa.

Necro just stay away from reaper shroud. Get away!! Seen an aids perpex necro that used fear wall, wh #4 to inflict confusion stacks.

Not had many in counters vs warriors though I suspect their main burst comes from berserk mode sword f2. Also the torch has nasty burn.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Acro is your friend. If you expect to clear enough conditions going Da/cs/dd or taking trickery without trickster than you will have Condi problems.

GI is not to be scoffed at. If you pressure early with this running confusion stacks will never take. It has great synergy in SOM builds that have some amount of healing.

PR is a 20 second cooldown for up to 4 conditions. Don’t stop can keep chill and crippled off allowing one to get at more damaging stacks more readily.

A condition guardian should never be a real threat as they have so few condition types. EA alone can often keep those burns off. Of those mentioned the condition warrior is the biggest threat IMO as they can lay down large varied stacks quickly with attacks that are much harder to read than with the necro.

If this still not enough there still sigils like generosity/purity/cleansing. There food that removes a condition on heal (meaning up to 6 using withdraw 3 defined +3) and runes. What tends to work best for me is to overload on cleanses via all methods and than slowly peel them back . In WvW in particular depending on times played there are periods where every build a condi and where you find few. I switch up on the fly a lot.

You also have to adapt to playstyle on a given build> As example on an s/d d/p build I am using intel sigils with daredevil runes to generate crits this allowing low precision in the build. I swap weapons a lot so a cleansing sigil would work best. QP is also traited to take advantage of those swaps meaning a high INI inflow. This allows a lot of cleanses off infiltrators. Needless to say flanking strikes can also clear conditions if EA traited.

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Anomaly.7612

Thank you all so much for the ideas. I’ll use some of these and hope to get some good results after learning how to fight better against that cancer. 0/

Here’s to hoping the next balance patch will nerf condi to be a little more in line with power.

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

daredevil traits is enough to deal with most con builds. if you take dash + dodging con removal.

if you feel you still do not have enough i suggest running shadowstep maybe even signet of agility.

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

Don’t forget blind with d/p which can shut down mesmer phantasm and necro attack
Use Los and stealth to break targeting

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

Take Remove Condi on Evade, Dash and Trickster

Use Roll4Initiative, Shadowstep, Agi Signet and Withdraw

Laugh at condi builds.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Anomaly.7612

Thanks for all the info!

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Anomaly.7612

Take Remove Condi on Evade, Dash and Trickster

Use Roll4Initiative, Shadowstep, Agi Signet and Withdraw

Laugh at condi builds.

I’m currently running Pack runes with valk gear, zerker+valk trinks with zerk weps and back. Would Defender be a better option?

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

I’m currently running Pack runes with valk gear, zerker+valk trinks with zerk weps and back. Would Defender be a better option?

Depends if you’re running Thrill of the Crime. If you’re running Totc then Pack runes aren’t as necessary (but still one of the strongest choices). But if you’re running Defender runes, it’s best to take Bandits Defence instead of Roll4Initiative.

Personally, I’m not a fan of Bandits Defence because of all the unblockable skills floating around but it can still work vs a lot of match-ups.

My best advice would be to experiment and find what works best for you with all this info in the thread.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Anomaly.7612

Depends if you’re running Thrill of the Crime. If you’re running Totc then Pack runes aren’t as necessary (but still one of the strongest choices). But if you’re running Defender runes, it’s best to take Bandits Defence instead of Roll4Initiative.

Personally, I’m not a fan of Bandits Defence because of all the unblockable skills floating around but it can still work vs a lot of match-ups.

My best advice would be to experiment and find what works best for you with all this info in the thread.

Hmmm, ok. I’ll trait for flanking strikes and see how that goes instead of TotC. Thanks!
(Aside): When do you usually stream?

Fighting Condi

in Thief

Anomaly.7612

Hmmm, ok. I’ll trait for flanking strikes and see how that goes instead of TotC. Thanks!