Fighting the Pew Pew

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

So lately I’ve been getting wrecked by Pew pew rangers. Any advice for dealing with their lb of death 1v1 wise? I’m finding that unless I’m playing very well, its almost impossible to win these fights, unless I have the drop on them.

Zoren – BG – GoF

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

im playing s/d sooooo
2+f1 instant gapcloser on far range and then proc quickness , venom, and if he dont have signet he dies in 2 sec or less

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

Yeah I was hoping for d/p advice, s/d seems to have an easier time, should have mentioned that

Zoren – BG – GoF

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: fougerion.2657

fougerion.2657

Most of the time it’s pretty simple as those pew pew guys doesn’t really know what they are doing :
infiltrator signet, shadow step, steal and you are on him, interrupting his pew pew, then you can headshot (4) to interrupt them when they try to continue they unbrained stuff.

Honestly for me they are easy to deal with, I get really focused when they switch to a great sword because most of the time it means they actually know how to play

[Way] Fougerius
Guardian, [Way] diplomate

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

kite kire kire

use stealth and few aa , repeat!
try to be on melee range

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If I see more than one, I swap Basilisk for Dagger Storm. You can also switch up a skill for Smoke Screen. Basically if I initiate, I switch around skills. If they catch me, I stealth, reset and switch around skills. This presumes the Ranger is a good fighter.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

can’t say for D/P specifically, but a lot of pew-pew rangers like jumping to awkwards spots and using that to their advantage. stealth + steal makes taking that advantage away quite fun.

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: meepeY.2867

meepeY.2867

If you can close the gap, try and stay on their backside with blinds. Don’t stand infront of them so they can easily use Hunter Shot/Pointblank Shot.

https://www.twitch.tv/meepeYPlays
WvW Thief Aurora Glade – Mutli Bulid Streamer – 1PM – 4PM GMT, Mon – Fri
My Daredevil Build: The Defender!

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Something to note is that blind is relatively useless against a LB ranger. It might save you a knockback but their channeling skill is the real danger and blinds don’t have a big effect on that skill.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Fighting the Pew Pew

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

Something to note is that blind is relatively useless against a LB ranger. It might save you a knockback but their channeling skill is the real danger and blinds don’t have a big effect on that skill.

You need to try to interrupt it. Save that steal for when the kb + channel

Vipassana