Finally thief d/p owns mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Since patch on the 23rd, there has bin lots of debating on how almost unviable the thief has gotten. There was alote of talk on nerfing this & nerfing that. Espacially when it concerned the mesmer class. Well i’m here to tell you that officially, no denial, no BS, that the thief is more then adequate to handle anybody. I only wished i had recorded the exert.

- (Yesterday, in spvp rank, vs the same player, i got owned by a dagger/*pistol thief like the patch never happened.) & with tactic he did take out other classes as well.

Proving me officially that i was right all along. Thiefs, with out a doubt & with out any changes, is more then viable to own. – (My guess, he was using the meta or something close to it)

So all this talk about how the thief class is crap since the patch…. i’m sorry………. that is hooblah! & lots of ppl on the same end would agree.

I’ve crossed a few like that that no matter what i did, was unbeatable. Good playing will take you that far. Thiefs players are gonna have to make an effort to skill better there class instead of just complaining.

The thief class is more then good. More then viable.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Tbh I have not incountered any new issus. The daze mantra was a bit of a change. What I mean is that I had problems with mesmers before the patch and after the patchance, like wise I also had no problems with them before and after the patch. You get out played and out play them back.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

O.o d/p=/=thief your argument is invalid.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

this sounds like a troll post to me…

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

If this was a troll post i prolly say something negative. Say what you want babe… But this is just plain old truth. & as we go along, more & more players will just add on & re confirm what i’m saying. So plz, dont even try make this out to be a troll post. cuz it’s not!

in Thief

Posted by: Byebyemeow.9641

Byebyemeow.9641

If this was a troll post i prolly say something negative. Say what you want babe… But this is just plain old truth. & as we go along, more & more players will just add on & re confirm what i’m saying. So plz, dont even try make this out to be a troll post. cuz it’s not!

Yes we know the D/P set is fine… Most people are mad about only having one viable weapon set.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Lol, all I read was “I’m a Mesmer and d/p thief are amazing because I said so and you need to believe me.”

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Lol, all I read was “I’m a Mesmer and d/p thief are amazing because I said so and you need to believe me.”

Especially since sample size is 1 since the patch.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

DHawk.2687

so we better all believe him right? :/

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Yes we know the D/P set is fine… Most people are mad about only having one viable weapon set.

If we are talking about the meta, most ppl have 1 except for mesmer who has 2. but theres 2 for the thief witch include the S/D that works as well also. If you look at the list, Most classes have between 2 or 3 viable build. So thief is not far off with 1 meta & 1 great compare to others that are not at top tier.

You cant deny that you have not noticed some significant improvements lately on the thief players part. Maybe not in general yet. but some.

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

but theres 2 for the thief witch include the S/D that works as well also.

Absolutely NOT.

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Absolutely NOT.

humm..let me count?

1- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Dagger/Pistol
2- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger

in Thief

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

One of those builds is MUCH better than the other.

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

One of those builds is MUCH better than the other.

Yes, & if he took the time to read on my post, you’ve noticed i mentioned that also. 1 meta, 1 great! sigh…*rolling my eyes….

only mesmer has 2 meta.

in Thief

Posted by: JaeleCt.3967

JaeleCt.3967

that doesnt mean there’s build diversity. it just means you have the option of playing a worse build for no reason.

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

that doesnt mean there’s build diversity. it just means you have the option of playing a worse build for no reason.

Oh my…what more do you want? Your point applies same as all other classes… geeez!

Having experimented first hand, My point still stands.. Thieves are more then viable.

in Thief

swinsk.6410

There’s plenty of builds that are viable but there is only one build that is clearly optimal for thief in ranked pvp…

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Byebyemeow.9641

Byebyemeow.9641

Absolutely NOT.

humm..let me count?

1- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Dagger/Pistol
2- http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Thief_-_Sword/Dagger

To be fair that s/d build is garbage…. I only use S/D and with that build no thanks

in Thief

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

he’s a mesmer lobbying for his mesmer cause. i dont believe him

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Sounds like this isn’t actually based upon anything reliable.

Either way I’m just bored of having so few weapons. IMO HoT should have an exception for Thief and add non spec weapons to them. They feel unfinished since launch.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

he’s a mesmer lobbying for his mesmer cause. i dont believe him

shhhhh, you found me out… now i must kill you in your sleep..

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

Imo OP is right. From my experience d/p thief is still the best spec to kill a mesmer. The problem occurs if any other class plays against a mesmer.

in Thief

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

As a Thief main the argument to me is not that Thieves are lacking. It’s that Mesmers have taken over the role that Thieves were supposed to fill.

Mesmers have replaced Thieves in the stealth, damage and support department. For the sake of this post and length I won’t get into details and number crunches but there is no reason to play a Thief in this current meta with the way Mesmers are built right now. Not to mention the amount of damage Mesmers can put out while still sustaining amidst a fight and surviving.

As an overall statement Thieves still do what they’re supposed to do, they just don’t do it as well as Mesmers can.

Unless your idea of Thief play involves Venomshare, or Back capping points with Thief mobility; play a mesmer.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

(edited by Bllade.1029)

in Thief

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Oh my God, an anecdotal account about how one Thief beat some random player in an sPvP match? Thieves are cured!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Oh my God, an anecdotal account about how one Thief beat some random player in an sPvP match? Thieves are cured!

pwahahah. dude…theres actually plenty after the patch vids on youtube showing exactly what i just described. So it aint just me saying. Just… -go practice instead of assuming… boi!

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Hey guize, i beat that one mes in 1v1 (before today’s patch), i think thieves are OPeh!!! (I mean let’s ignore the fact that that mesmer i faced missed every single shatter and tried to use mantra on me while i had stability on).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yeah except that thief makes one mistake and he’s dead…

Meanwhile I survive so many situations I shouldn’t have on Mesmer. 6 second low health decoy and vamp runes together is fool proof.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Yeah except that thief makes one mistake and he’s dead…

Meanwhile I survive so many situations I shouldn’t have on Mesmer. 6 second low health decoy and vamp runes together is fool proof.

Except for the more tanky builds… that rule applies to all. & the vamp rune is pretty cool that i admit. but there’s a IC. Does not work back to back. Besides i see lots of thieves using the same rune as well for the same tactical advantage.

in Thief

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

Is this some weird way of trying not to get your class nerfed, because it needs to get nerfed and badly. I do not believe anyone saying that mesmers are fine oh and also thiefs are fine too………

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Is this some weird way of trying not to get your class nerfed, because it needs to get nerfed and badly. I do not believe anyone saying that mesmers are fine oh and also thiefs are fine too………

Wut? what do you mean?..mesmer are fine…. actually, there fantastic since the patch.
Thief also is fine. No i’m saying players needs a buff. A skill buff. Not the classes

in Thief

Bllade.1029

Wut? what do you mean?..mesmer are fine…. actually, there fantastic since the patch.
Thief also is fine. No i’m saying players needs a buff. A skill buff. Not the classes

Im really having a hard time imagining how anyone who plays this game regularly and PvP’s believes that mesmer are ok as they are. I dont understand, someone please explain to me how this current Mesmer meta is balanced. Please.

in Thief

swinsk.6410

This is how I feel about this thread:

Attachments:

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

This whole thread, all I see is an OP that doesn’t play Thief to EXPERIENCE it, and ends up making a thread to show how Thief is apparently in a really good position because he managed to take down his Mesmer, and in the end, just wants to show how things are so “balanced” in an attempt to not get his Mesmer nerfed(Nice Veil, if you get the pun).

Also, you’re forgetting that those who know what is wrong with Thief play WvW besides sPvP. sPvP’s stats are designed to make it seem more balanced. In that regard, I’ll stray away from what concerns sPvP, as the stats are purposely lowered, and tell you some of the stuff I think the Thief community thinks is wrong with the Thief class.

The fact that you adamantly respond to every comment that tries to discredit you just goes to show how desperate you really are.
Mesmers are NOT in a good position. Thief is NOT in a good position. Mesmers need adjustments, Thief needs adjustments. Mesmer are supposed to be masters of illusion, not of stealth(which is clearly what’s happening now).
The one combo burst of Mesmers atm completely out-ranks the burst of a Thief, this is a fact. A Thief currently relies on some sort of immobolize or stun for his burst, and the victim has about 1-2 seconds to react, and even then many classes don’t fall to their knees. Mesmers burst can be done in about a split second and Thieves get an insta-down.

You’re trying to discuss how the Thief class seems so viable in sPvP and veiling what the Thief community is trying to say. It’s not just about sPvP.

Personally, my main problem lies on WvW and not sPvP, as my success ratio in sPvP seems higher, which SHOULD be expected considering the stats are purposely meddled with to find some sort of balance(not saying it’s perfect). I’m not an avid sPvP’er either, but it’s practice.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Im really having a hard time imagining how anyone who plays this game regularly and PvP’s believes that mesmer are ok as they are. I dont understand, someone please explain to me how this current Mesmer meta is balanced. Please.

At least there was a nerf to mantra mesmers in terms of damage and recharge. Bugs of skills going through evasions and blocks have also been fixed. Finally, mirror blade can only hit you twice now.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

This whole thread, all I see is an OP that doesn’t play Thief to EXPERIENCE it, and ends up making a thread to show how Thief is apparently in a really good position because he managed to take down his Mesmer, and in the end, just wants to show how things are so “balanced” in an attempt to not get his Mesmer nerfed(Nice Veil, if you get the pun).

Also, you’re forgetting that those who know what is wrong with Thief play WvW besides sPvP. sPvP’s stats are designed to make it seem more balanced. In that regard, I’ll stray away from what concerns sPvP, as the stats are purposely lowered, and tell you some of the stuff I think the Thief community thinks is wrong with the Thief class.

The fact that you adamantly respond to every comment that tries to discredit you just goes to show how desperate you really are.
Mesmers are NOT in a good position. Thief is NOT in a good position. Mesmers need adjustments, Thief needs adjustments. Mesmer are supposed to be masters of illusion, not of stealth(which is clearly what’s happening now).
The one combo burst of Mesmers atm completely out-ranks the burst of a Thief, this is a fact. A Thief currently relies on some sort of immobolize or stun for his burst, and the victim has about 1-2 seconds to react, and even then many classes don’t fall to their knees. Mesmers burst can be done in about a split second and Thieves get an insta-down.

You’re trying to discuss how the Thief class seems so viable in sPvP and veiling what the Thief community is trying to say. It’s not just about sPvP.

Personally, my main problem lies on WvW and not sPvP, as my success ratio in sPvP seems higher, which SHOULD be expected considering the stats are purposely meddled with to find some sort of balance(not saying it’s perfect). I’m not an avid sPvP’er either, but it’s practice.

sure…, something like that! *rolling my eyes again. at least the tweaking part you have that right.

well considering i did mention it, that i was referring in spvp.. i abstain from commenting on the WvW issues. You might be right. I rather not say! If you lots wanna cry how bad you have it & not even check out the tube for the actual hit wonder that thief can offer… & not learn from it. That’s fine with me. I got no issues with that either.

Mesmers will keep busting thieves & sending them back crying to mamma. Until you decide to adapt. Obviously, not from what i can gather.

Consider this tho. After today’s patch we can see where Anet is standing on this issue. Obviously there seeing something your not. Or else there would of bin some major changes. Or perhaps there still undecided & still studying the thief problems if you want to call does problems.

in Thief

Bllade.1029

. Until you decide to adapt.

Adapt to what?

Not sure how long you’ve been playing this game, but since launch Anet has taken their sweet sweet time on balancing issues. So, if you think just because they don’t patch or fix anything in the next or upcoming patch; that they don’t see a problem… well you don’t know Arena Net very well.

If Mesmers aren’t coming down, then Thieves need to come up.

in Thief

Vieux P.1238

Adapt to what?

If your really asking me that, i shouldn’t be the one worried on how long i bin playing this game. :S

in Thief

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Adapt to what?

If your really asking me that, i shouldn’t be the one worried on how long i bin playing this game. :S

We’ve adapted just fine..

On the other hand, how are you adapting to your newly rebalanced mesmer that does not rely on bugs/broken OP skills/traits?

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in Thief

Posted by: SauroN.2501

SauroN.2501

As a Thief main the argument to me is not that Thieves are lacking. It’s that Mesmers have taken over the role that Thieves were supposed to fill.

Mesmers have replaced Thieves in the stealth, damage and support department. For the sake of this post and length I won’t get into details and number crunches but there is no reason to play a Thief in this current meta with the way Mesmers are built right now. Not to mention the amount of damage Mesmers can put out while still sustaining amidst a fight and surviving.

As an overall statement Thieves still do what they’re supposed to do, they just don’t do it as well as Mesmers can.

Unless your idea of Thief play involves Venomshare, or Back capping points with Thief mobility; play a mesmer.

Finally! The truth has been spoken.

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

I’m in the boat that this is a troll thread… Or at least I hope it is.

Your entire reasoning goes like this: “Hey guys, I know you all think Thief is weak, but guess what today I lost to thief. Therefore you guys are all wrong and thief is not weak.”

Irregardless of whether or not thief/mesmer are strong/weak. Maybe that thief was just better than you. Or maybe you’re a bit below average when it comes to mesmer. Or maybe that thief was just really good.

You get what I’m trying to say here? You losing to a thief doesn’t really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Likewise, me losing to a necro doesn’t really say anything about the current state of necro’s… Dunno feel like I’m wasting my time telling you that water is wet. Like I said I’d be surprised if this wasn’t a troll thread.

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

D/P is strong but any other weapon set is terrible

in Thief

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

Popcorn anyone?

in Thief

DHawk.2687

of course he’s trolling, doesn’t know wtf he’s talking about and never played the thief class

hey Vieux, a Necro killed me yesterday, does that mean necro is in a good state, no wait necro is op right??

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Since patch on the 23rd, there has bin lots of debating on how almost unviable the thief has gotten. There was alote of talk on nerfing this & nerfing that. Espacially when it concerned the mesmer class. Well i’m here to tell you that officially, no denial, no BS, that the thief is more then adequate to handle anybody. I only wished i had recorded the exert.

- (Yesterday, in spvp rank, vs the same player, i got owned by a dagger/*pistol thief like the patch never happened.) & with tactic he did take out other classes as well.

Proving me officially that i was right all along. Thiefs, with out a doubt & with out any changes, is more then viable to own. – (My guess, he was using the meta or something close to it)

So all this talk about how the thief class is crap since the patch…. i’m sorry………. that is hooblah! & lots of ppl on the same end would agree.

I’ve crossed a few like that that no matter what i did, was unbeatable. Good playing will take you that far. Thiefs players are gonna have to make an effort to skill better there class instead of just complaining.

The thief class is more then good. More then viable.

It should be a bit better once they fix the phastasm bug. Mesmer players have been playing with an unintended bug for 2 1/2 years.

11/15/2012
•Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.

Phastasm summons are suppose to be dodgable and haven’t been fixed. Just saying – not going to hold my breath.

(edited by Gabriell.4856)

in Thief

DHawk.2687

@Gabriell just let the troll troll
he’s probably just kitten because he died to a thief and has to act up now as if he knew anything about our class
We’ve had this over and over on the forums

in Thief

Posted by: DarknesSushi.5876

DarknesSushi.5876

well with that post i can only imagine 2 ways: the thief must be a awesome player, or the mesmer must be a terrible one, anyway, let’s just wait him to leave or learn more about other classes

in Thief

DHawk.2687

he’s probably crying because anet took away the 4th bounce from mirror blade, like 99% of the mesmer community

in Thief

Posted by: DarknesSushi.5876

DarknesSushi.5876

he’s probably crying because anet took away the 4th bounce from mirror blade, like 99% of the mesmer community

imagine if was the trait that give 30% more damage if the enemy its not casting skill…..

in Thief

DHawk.2687

imagine if was the trait that give 30% more damage if the enemy its not casting skill…..

the mesmer is still really strong, take 1 toy away and have them cry for weeks
how many times have we been nerfed now???

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

So they lost 33% of the burst damage on one of their skill. Man, what would they have said if they played thief when a patch reduced Dancing Dagger damage by 50% :/