Fist Fury

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Anklot.3274

Anklot.3274

Q:

I’ve been playing around with this, and to be honest cant find any ussage out of PvE, tried to fuse it basilisk venom, you just to walk out and boom, you miss the stun, tried to add thr inmo trait in DA, still not worth, tried to add quickness but im just way too used to bandit’s defense after patch and nowmi easy die to stuns, so i came here to ask you guys if any of you has a good combo to land it without making me an easy target.

Also, im not really clear on what Pulmonary impact does, so if anyone can help me i’d appreciate it.

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

A:

Hrm well if you want setups for Fist Flurry maybe consider dropping Signet of Agility. Keep bandit’s defense. Then use it to set up for Fist Flurry. Also it’s risky but you can cancel the last hit of Impact Strike by stowing your weapons. During Impact Strike’s 2s knockup from Uppercut you can try to go for Fist Flurry.

Many folks run flanking strikes to get quickness at for First flurry during burst attempts. I don’t but it certainly makes it easier to land. Almost impossible to miss if you get the proc with Basilisk Venom.

Beyond that just gotta rely on team CC’s to set you up. Fist Flurry is terrible for 1v1’s, and if you want to run it that’s a cost you’ll have to deal with. But in teamfight scenarios however you’re much more likely to get it off.

Personally I run D/P which is better at sticking to opponents than staff. That helps with Fist Flurry imo. Since you run staff you might consider switching out Signet of Agility and Bandit’s defense for Blinding Powder so you can use the staff trip to set up for Fist Flurry.

Also just fyi you’re running trickster without any tricks. Not even the flanking strikes trait which counts as a trick.

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Midi.8359

Midi.8359

First Flurry is always going to be kinda hard to land since you get a lot of reward for landing it. What sort of build are you running? Helps to decide what sort of suggestions to give.

Pulmonary Impact is a status effect. In two seconds after it is applied your opponent takes a heavy, unblockable, and non-crit burst of damage.

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Anklot.3274

Anklot.3274

First Flurry is always going to be kinda hard to land since you get a lot of reward for landing it. What sort of build are you running? Helps to decide what sort of suggestions to give.

Pulmonary Impact is a status effect. In two seconds after it is applied your opponent takes a heavy, unblockable, and non-crit burst of damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW4an8lCFOhFmCmOBkmiFYCTLBEAyAzhwSYL0LNEHaDA-TpAFAAwFBQeAAAA

This is what i run for specs utilities and weapons

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

I believe you can use your elite skill up to stage two then go for fist flurry on your build.

I really don’t have a problem using fist flurry when used with basilic venom in pvp ( I’m ruby tier 3 for what it’s worth ). The venom last just long enough to hit every strikes then the pulmonary strike often interrupt the skill they use. You also have to use it when people are the least expecting it : I tend to use it coupled with a side shadowstep and steal to misdirect them since it’s a 1500 ~ 2000 ranged opening.

The key is to use different patterns each time, so that they become watchfull of it whereas d/p ( in my case ) is as dangerous as fist flurry.

It’s also super effective against downed people, even faster than shortbow’s clusterbomb with no initiative cost.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Well this is my build:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoaVn0MBlOhVmCGmC8PhFYCbOEeCbheph4QbQLBEAyAA-TZBFABiXGggDBQ87PAwTA4hTAAA

And in this thread I talk about how I use it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Teef-Your-way-to-play-thief/first#post5994506

Fist Flurry is devastating – The Sigil of Rage means you will get a quickness proc on your opener:

Basilisk Venom>pre-cast Heart Seeker>Steal>Fist Flurry>Palm Strike

Bandit’s Defense (Reflexive Strike) is good for setting it up as well.

Pulminary Impact: When you daze/Stun someone (e.g. Steal, Palm Strike, Basilisk Venom) it will interrupt your opponent if they are casting a skill. Whenever you interrupt an opponent you’ll inflict significant damage 2 seconds later via Pulminary Impact.

Fist Fury

in Thief

Posted by: Ryu the first.1462

Ryu the first.1462

I play a thief in pvp, last season I only played enough ranked to get to Emerald, but I play a lot of unranked, so take my comment however you want. My basic rotation is steal>hook strike>Fist Flurry>Pulmonary Impact>Dust Strike>Vault

That downs most enemies except Scrappers and Heavy Armor classes. Usually, Fist Flurry works because my enemy is knocked down, and usually (in my mmr at least), they either don’t have a stunbreak or forget to use it. In higher tiers that may not work, but i find it to be awfully effective.

My build (made it myself so it probably isn’t that good): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn0MBlOhdPBWmCkmilhCbe/1/OgcBgFQFwbIsEOCA