Flanking Strikes?

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: eley crey.2905

eley crey.2905

First time post here : Flanking strikes is a pretty awesome trait(for me), but seeing as how Haste is a stun breaker, wouldn’t it work better if it wasn’t activated on hit? Cause… you can’t hit when you’re stunned…

EDIT (lol) : Didn’t find anything on search, so that’s why I’m asking.

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

The trait auto casts that particular skill without you having to slot it on your skillbar, it just happens to have the stun break component to it, which the trait is unlikely to use. I am not sure if a well targeted and timed steal+mug trait would trigger the stun break, not tested that myself, but that might be possible.

Really, the trait is more for the quickness and fury than the stun break. It also (currently) has a shorter cooldown than the utility skill, and I am wondering if that is intentional due to not being able to fully utilitise the stun break?

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

He has a valid point. I know it Flanking Strike uses Haste but this stunbreak aspect is pretty stupid and useless. They should add a mechanism in which the Stunbreak triggers 10 seconds after the Quickness triggers or something, or simply: turn the stunbreak into a stability boon.

I mean Flanking Strike is a great incentive for offensive, it could easily down unwary targets, unfortunately the stunbreak shows how badly conceived it was.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Rin.1046

I like the stability idea, I think if there was going to be a change to the stun break portion of this trait, stability would be much more useful than a delayed stun break. Having the stun break trigger 10 seconds later would be just as ineffective as instantanious stun breaking IMO.

Simplicity is complex.

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: eley crey.2905

eley crey.2905

Stability would be very nice. A thief can dream…

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

They should add a mechanism in which the Stunbreak triggers 10 seconds after the Quickness triggers or something, or simply: turn the stunbreak into a stability boon.

And maybe also add 25 might stack while we are at it?

The trait is absolutely fine and needs no changes. Devs simply linked Haste to this trait to make it simplier for them. Maybe a little bit lazy, but it works as expected.

Signed, level 1 alt

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Rin.1046

And maybe also add 25 might stack while we are at it?

The trait is absolutely fine and needs no changes. Devs simply linked Haste to this trait to make it simplier for them. Maybe a little bit lazy, but it works as expected.

Personally I am not bothered about the non-useful stun break part of the trait, as I prefer to have much more control over when I stun break, so I am ok with the trait as it is. But I think its just one of those ‘normal human behavour’ things, where people get frustrated when they see a skill’s capabilities but are not able to make full use of all of its components.

The trait is essential there only to give you quickness and fury, but people see the stun break in the discription and want to use that too.

Simplicity is complex.

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I don’t like to settle with bad designs. We have been doing that for years now, might as well suggest something that improves the trait and but at least, makes sense.

A trait that uses 33% of its components should be considered broken, even if you only care about the 33%. No point having a break stun in this trait that’s clearly about aggressive takeovers, and it shows the lazyness of the design.

I mean it procs every 60 secs can we just have an efficient version it? Is it t too much to ask?

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

It would be nice if flanking strikes somehow prevented us from triggering auto immunities…

Thief needs an ability that renders auto immunities useless…

Just another noob thief…

Flanking Strikes?

in Thief

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Haste gives stability

-salivate-

Thief being able to break auto immunes

How dare you tease me like this.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.