Fleet Shadow trait (50% move speed) bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: Starwolf.4891

Starwolf.4891

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the Fleet Shadow; Move 50% faster while in stealth. (“buff” from 33% to 50% last patch) trait still seems to only give 33% move speed. I did a little test where I raced with a warrior friend who had swiftness on and we moved at extremely similar if not identical move speeds, I expected a 17% move speed increase to be a little more noticeable. So if anyone else has similar experience with this trait let me know, I just find it funny that Anet might have “forgot” to actually adjust the trait before the patch release and just simply changed a number on the tooltip.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Pretty sure it doesn’t work. Even if it did I can’t give up 50% fall damage :/

in Thief

Posted by: Starwolf.4891

Starwolf.4891

Found another thread 3 pages back on this; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/50-in-stealth-not-working/first#post1014692

Someone mentioned that the +%50 is only applied while in combat. If that’s true than that’s pretty lame but than again who knows might still be a bug.

Stiv; Yeah the fall damage trait is pretty awesome too especially in wvw.

in Thief

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Found another thread 3 pages back on this; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/50-in-stealth-not-working/first#post1014692

Someone mentioned that the +%50 is only applied while in combat. If that’s true than that’s pretty lame but than again who knows might still be a bug.

Stiv; Yeah the fall damage trait is pretty awesome too especially in wvw.

It could be in-combat only. Perhaps there is a hard cap on moment speed in the game off +33% of out of combat speed.

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

IMS is capped at normal +33%. The 50% does apply when stacked against movement speed debuffs, like combat-mode or cripple.

in Thief

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

If the IMS is capped at +33%, why is there a rune that increases swiftness by 7%?

The 50%, if it works, is not noticeable. And considering combat gimps your speed (horrible mechanic), it’s not useful.

Vigor on heal is much better if you use one of the 15s cooldown heals, or the -50% fall damage if you are near cliffs often (Eternal Battle ground has a lot, all jumping puzzles, etc).

in Thief

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

As a Dagger/Pistol Thief, I am very familiar with this trait both in and out of combat (I am constantly using stealth to cross distances in WvW).

Out-of-combat, it is the equivalent of Swiftness. This is something I have precisely measured with jump puzzles and an assistant Thief.

In-combat is where the 50% boost really kicks in. Landing back stabs has never been easier, and few things short of a D/D Elementalist or another Thief can flee from me.