Fleet shadow trait bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: Javik.9086

Javik.9086

The 50% speed bonus (highest among all classes) is very good on paper, because it means as a thief, you can keep your foe in melee range and land tactical strike or backstab more easily.

However, during testing, I found that the trait doesn’t give me any speed boost over the already equipped 25% speed bonus (signet of shadow) in combat. After landing a CnD, and a foe starts to run, I CANNOT catch him if he has any sort of speed buff.

Is this a known bug to the developer? Is there some sort of global speed cap in combat?

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

The 50% speed bonus (highest among all classes) is very good on paper, because it means as a thief, you can keep your foe in melee range and land tactical strike or backstab more easily.

However, during testing, I found that the trait doesn’t give me any speed boost over the already equipped 25% speed bonus (signet of shadow) in combat. After landing a CnD, and a foe starts to run, I CANNOT catch him if he has any sort of speed buff.

Is this a known bug to the developer? Is there some sort of global speed cap in combat?

The trait currently does not work, its been bugged.

Only the tool tip seems to have been upgraded.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Thief

Posted by: Toroquin.3605

Toroquin.3605

Nope. I think there is a cap of movement speed out of combat, but it does definitely work in combat.

in Thief

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

there is nothing about a movement speed cap. also there is a rune that gives +7%speed under the effect of swiftness and it will be useless with a movement speed cap.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: Negated.4105

Negated.4105

yeah kitten that trait. broke as hell

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

The movement speed cap is supposed to be 33%. I can only assume that restriction should be ignored for thieves in stealth running Fleet Shadow (since, you know, its supposed to give 50%). Anet screwed something up, so while everyone else’s 25% movement speed signet works fine, we’re in the lurch until they decide to actually implement the changes from a patch over 2 weeks ago.

Edit: Just to clarify, you do get 33% movement speed while in stealth (which is what the pre-patch fleet shadow did), it just isn’t worth much with many players running around with 25% movement speed – a single dodge roll is enough to keep them out of melee range until stealth fades in the overwhelming majority of situations.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

yea the speed cap is probablly the reason, , couse when I use signet of shadows i can barelly feel that speed increase, its clearly visible only w/o signet, but even w/o it and in combat where speed is slower, I dont feel that speed increase when using signet of shadows ( speed increasing effects doesnt stack i think), so thats rly not 50 % …

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

in Thief

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

yea the speed cap is probablly the reason, , couse when I use signet of shadows i can barelly feel that speed increase, its clearly visible only w/o signet, but even w/o it and in combat where speed is slower, I dont feel that speed increase when using signet of shadows ( speed increasing effects doesnt stack i think), so thats rly not 50 % …

It feels like I get 8% speed increase while stealth, not 25%. (I use SoS.)

Therefore, it seems to be capped at 33%.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2