Fluid Strikes vs Hidden Assassin Dec 10th

in Thief

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

With the new changes comming around Dec 10th I almost want to change from 30 in the Shadow Arts (toughness line) to 30 in the Acrobatics (vitality line).

The 25 trait in both lines are nice but the one in Shadow Arts, Hidden Assassin, provides might which essentially provides more direct damage AND condition damage.

The 25 trait in Acrobatics, Fluid Strikes, provides +10% more damage but I just tested it and the bonus only affects direct damage, NOT condition damage.

Would it be OP to have it affect both?

I have a build that uses both condi and direct damage. The fact that Fluid Strikes does not affect my condi damage will probably keep me in the toughness line rather than trying new builds in the vitality line.

What are your thoughts?

in Thief

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

You still get access to Power of Inertia (II) as an adept trait with the acrobatie line.
Although you won’t stack as much power as you do with Hidden Assassin, this + Fluid Strike may give you what you’re looking for.

in Thief

Posted by: MyCondolences.8172

MyCondolences.8172

I dont think you’d stack all that many mights with hidden assassin. I’d say maybe 6 at max. Odds are you’ll have 0 boon duration. Revealed lasts 3-4seconds. So that would be 2stacks every 3secs(15sec duration) which means you’ll be able to build up a max of 10 in combat, this is assuming perfect timing, and hitting straight away in stealth.
I know if done right, with dodge food, inertia and feline grace i was getting around 6-7stacks.

So really depends on how you want to play. If you plan on stealthing alot go Shadow Arts, else go Acrobatics.