Fun gunslinger build

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Hey guys,

I tried my hand on p/p builds recently. I came up with a fun version to play :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQRAqa6an0MBVOhFOBmOBkmilfCbbMFAKTeDhpQLYOAeAfgA-TZBFABXv/ABHEgqKDIwRAAgXAAA

Just to be clear, in this build you abandon all idea of team utility for pure offense. This build is a bit no brain and I think it works because it is unranked right now. The idea is, how can I maximize unload use? My final answer was to have p/p on both sets and the Quick pocket GM ( infiltrator signet for even more initiative ).

The fury is provided thanks to the rune of evasion that synergize with ankle shot and no Quarter. It’s also a ferocity main stat which is a plus for the build. I was actually surprised how well that rune fits in the build.

I know some of you loath the idea of not using shortbow but dash is here to compensate that a little.

Try it out if you want a breeze from your usual build once in a while

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

Heres the version ive been running

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVl0MhCnYvTw6Jw/EL/E22YKAUm8GCThWwcA8A+AB-TZBEwAEeCAAOEAJOBAp2fIbZAA

Blasting through smokescreen for great blind uptime, dodge/kiting through it to annoy the enemy. Roll for initiative = better unload uptime and basilisk venom to secure a bit more damage on target.

+strength runes & sigil to maximize the benefit of might stacks you get. almost 25 perma.

Pretty effective ive found

Desolation [KISS]

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

doesn’t relying on a static field in a fight a bit tough ? I mean you have to capitalize on that smoke field otherwise it’s a wasted utility with it’s long cooldown.

I ’m curious about your rotation with quick pocket and p/p sb.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Set.7461

Set.7461

I’ve been running a very similar build but with Rune of the Warrior(20% recharge on weapon swap). I make sure to swap every chance I get. 3 initiative every 8 seconds made a pretty big difference considering Infiltrator’s Signet is 1 every 10 seconds.

My rotation: Unload, Swap, UL, steal(Klepto), UL, UL, swap, etc.

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Zerthi.5493

Zerthi.5493

Rotation looks like its really hard to play xD

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: ixon.2496

ixon.2496

doesn’t relying on a static field in a fight a bit tough ? I mean you have to capitalize on that smoke field otherwise it’s a wasted utility with it’s long cooldown.

I ’m curious about your rotation with quick pocket and p/p sb.

Using the smoke field either forces them to run into it blinding them self or kite round it allowing you to keep your unload blind pressure up, its also very handy fighting someone else using range projectiles by blocking them. another bonus is if you are hitting reflects, they are blocked by the smoke, so much less chance killing yourself against ele/shield warrior/engi

quick pocket lets me switch to bow with some extra ini to disengage and reset the fight/gain distance.

Desolation [KISS]

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This is the build I am using in WvW. It uses two somewhat unconventional changes. The first is the Acro line which keeps the speed going, conditions in check, extra stun break and keeps regen/init gain/Vigor up. The second is Bound which synergizes extremely well with Black Powder and gives a nice melee damager as well as a flat damage boost. On medium armor targets I have seen upwards of 15k Unloads when the might engine is running full tilt.

This build is somewhat reliant on the food since that is more evasion, might and damage but I think it will still perform well for a P/P build without it. It certainly is very slippery and difficult for enemies to stay on top of.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAqaVn0MBlOhFmCGOBkmiFfCbLAMAOTzDwE4DsLt0CmBA-T1CEABAckAWU9HCOBAMpUhLlgdohoJlVJ8AASZ/h20H8whEYzwAwQAgZmZmGRERKFQVStA-w

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Is it not a bit boring though to only use a single weapon skill?

I guess it is subjective, the reason I love D/P is because it is the only thief weaponset where every single skill is useful and good.

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Anvil.9230

Anvil.9230

@Zsymon.8457

I do not played that build but what I can say is if you spam “unload” your lifespan is generally short.

As you do not have a huge primary burst, you have to use correctly the different controls offered by the weapon set to manage your oponent. Of course you have to combine that with your choosen model of survivability (stealth or dodge).

And it’s a thing impossible to do if you spam “unload”. You have to chose the good moments to use it simply because its use prevents you to use an other Attack during the long time of its animation.

Keep also in mind that if the chosen model of survability is steath, “unload” is not the only main source of damage. Sneak Attack is often use too for that, saving initiative for more controls.

I think it’s not an error to say that it’s a a good weapon set to counterattack …that’s perhaps the reason I couldn’t describe a classic or repetitive rotation. Each time I do Something different with the controls. And this counterattack side affects the choices in term of build, the rest of the Equipment, the food, etc… This is also a reason to explain why it seems so untypical to classical thief players.

(edited by Anvil.9230)

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

With the new might p\ p works very nice in hybrid or to set up an alternate attack with another weaponset.

As example my staff build has stealth via trappers runes and I trait SA with hidden thief.

Unload twice for might. Swap to staff steal to. This generally gets an interrupt for PI proc. Hook strike which can generate another interrupt with knockdown. The might enhanced PIs go off just as you vault from stealth.

With that might and the new lead attacks the damage off vital shot boosted significantly and the bleeds can do nice damage with no condition power in your build.

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Anvil.9230

It’s a good Idea that needs to be tried.

To play P/P, one needs to think different. It offers opportunity not to play the everlasting shortbow. I do not use one anymore.

(edited by Anvil.9230)

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I won’t lie was playing a few games to day and the amount of p/p thieves just spamming unload was annoying

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Anvil.9230

It shouldn’t be difficult to kill them. Myself, when I meet one with my own P/P daredevil, I kill him.

It’s normal as with the update, some people want to try P/P…They need time to discover the concept, to develop their skills or to choose to play something else if it doesn’t suit to them.

(edited by Anvil.9230)

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Oh I normally wasn’t hasn’t too many issues I was running S/D but go the SAB pistols noise is horrendous being spammed over and over. It was funny he would only go after me he never attacked anyone else the whole fight so I was always in a 1v2 situation.

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Flintlock.3054

Flintlock.3054

It’s interesting that you run P/P on both sets and I can see why you have done so with this build with Quick Pockets giving you more initiative and more might uptime with unload.

I’m still relatively new to the game so the concept of using the same weapon on both sets never really crossed my mind. Has anyone else done this with P/P to maximize unload, have you had any success?

Fun gunslinger build

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It’s interesting that you run P/P on both sets and I can see why you have done so with this build with Quick Pockets giving you more initiative and more might uptime with unload.

3 extra init every 10s if a person swaps as soon as available is pretty weak for a GM trait. Basically one extra unload every 20s isn’t going to increase the DPS much.

I’m still relatively new to the game so the concept of using the same weapon on both sets never really crossed my mind. Has anyone else done this with P/P to maximize unload, have you had any success?

I am sure someone out there is doing well with P/P only but it is a pretty weak solo weapon set. It lacks mobility, evasion and stealth. Some version of these three are typically what keeps a thief alive. Virtually every other weaponset has one or more of those three. It also has zero multi-player attacks so against 2 or more opponents its DPS is greatly reduced compared to all other thief weapons.

I do use this weapon set for my condi build as well as my build above. As noted Bound synergizes very well with Black Powder and gives a good bit of stealth, mini-unloads and a nice damage boost as well as a nice AoE attack.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)