Funny things people say about Thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I just wanted to share one of the funniest things I heard yesterday in WvW.

Someone in map chat was complaining about thief burst, and during the conversation they said:

“Even on my Necro with 28k HP and tons of toughness, a thief still three shot me with heartseekers while in stealth”.

Made me laugh really hard because he kept swearing it happened and he can do it too on his thief. Saying that you don’t become revealed when attacking from stealth over and over yata yata.

Anyone else have funny experiences like this?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

in Thief

Posted by: davidcrickett.8536

davidcrickett.8536

You actually don’t. You can cast Black Powder and make three heartseekers with this build
http://intothemists.com/guides/307-daggerpistol_backstab_by_rand_x_al_thor
while in stealth.

80: guardian (Ea Greenwood), warrior (Vulg Painbrain), necro (Dafydda),
mesmer (Petroline),
ele (Apple Scruff), engineer (Andersine And), ranger (Dafydd Black), thief (Pi Jensen).

in Thief

Posted by: Iago.5874

Iago.5874

You do the Heartseeker through the Black Powder for the leap combo so your stealth lasts longer. You don’t HS your enemy 3 times in a row with it while staying stealthed.

Iiago, Thief of Sepsis [SPS] – Riverside

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Well 2 Heartseekers can be performed while in stealth. It’s a technique i called the “Ninja strike”. I showed Coloxeus, and he put it in his thief tricks and tips YouTube video(Go check it out). It’s all about timing. Perform the first HS, then right before the BP runs out perform the 2nd stealthed HS. All about timing
- This trick really hurts when you are bursty, and it really helps when you are fighting mesmers, when you need to stall for time to re-adjust yourself, and find the real one.

3 Heartseekers while stealthed isn’t that impossible, it would need my Ninja strike, and Blinding powder to succeed in that 3 HS attempt. But i highly doubt this QQ’er knew what he was talking about.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I highly recommend people consider burst situations when they make builds. Practicing your reactions helps too.

How am I going to deal with X?

When I first started my necro, I was getting utterly destroyed by D/P thieves. Try not to get discouraged by initial results. Figure out what happened and how you can make improvements.

It’s all about give and take while you’re getting better. Ok, so it’s a lot better to give than take when it comes to damage, but still...

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Aww, my topic gets love in this forum

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]