GW1-Style assassin look wanted!

in Thief

Posted by: Rambo.7814

Rambo.7814

Hey guys!
My thief just reached 80 today and wants to get geared up. Now the thing is, back in GW1 I mained assassin and really liked the style of most assassin armors. So naturally I want to make my thief look like an assassin.
Spent hours at the bank, no good results.

Now, thats where I need you.

This is my thief. I like her looks, altough i might reroll her haircut if you recommend me a style that her current hair doesnt fit to.

Now these are the guidelines I set myself to archieve the result i wanted

1. I want her to look like an assassin with ancestors from Cantha, not like some trenchcoat-wearing rogue.
  2. I really liked Nikas style, also the one my GW1-assassin had. (sadly in the second pic i dyed her red, armor was usually black, dunno why and when i recolored her)
  3. The armor parts should fit each other. If the shillouette looks assassin-ish but the armor pieces have a completely different style it not an option for me
  4. no underboob

If you can help me with creating an armor set with matching weapons (and haircut if needed) you’ll not only be my style senpai for the rest of my life but you’ll also be generously rewarded with 50 chocolate chip cookies!

Oh, and if you see mistakes in my text: my english isn’t the best, if anything is unacceptablly wrong please let me know it.

in Thief

Rambo.7814

no one likes good ol’ gw1 style?

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

http://www.gw2armor.com/ is going to be your best bet… try looking at all the sets then mixing and matching the ones you like.

Crystal Desert

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

How do you like this? https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/187984/gw035.jpg

This is a former look for my thief, I’ve changed headpiece and hairstyle.. anyways.
It’s glorious chestpiece.

You can change headpiece to the human tier 3 “assassin” headpiece, and maybe the same for shoulders, for the knifes. I don’t know about female, but you could try another boots as well for a more assassin style

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Rambo.7814

@ ades… already spent hours at the bank looking at different combination previews on my character

@ mompen sadly, glorious chestpiece doesnt look half as good on females. could imagine t3 culturals as shoulders tho

in Thief

Posted by: Waynesyaboy.5806

Waynesyaboy.5806

First Image is what I use now, no back piece is shown.

The second image is keeping with an all black theme, can change pants/gloves as needed (full strider looks solid if you are limited skin wise).

Another option is changing out the strider chest piece for one of the many trench coats in the game, there are a few that are actually very nice, even though I don’t like the look as much myself.

Hope this helps a bit.

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Strider and glorious armors are probably your best options outside human t3 cultural As they don’t have skirts or trenchcoats or buttcapes. Maybe HoT will bring some warmer weather (no coats) armor.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

take a look in your bank at:

head: Krytan Bandana
Shoulders: Mist Walker Shoulders
Body: Strider’s Tunic
Gloves: Krytan Armguards
Legs: Carapace Leggings
Feet: Priory’s Historical Boots

dye them all abyss except for the 3rd dye channel to Ivory or tweak to your preferences.

in Thief

Rambo.7814

Thank you all!

@ wayneisaboy: i really like that mask! And your thiefs haircut runs great with it, now i want to give her that hair ^^ i also love the eyes! And yeah, i like the strider chest and leggins, I’ll probably build around those.

@ Maugetarr: yeah, you’re right, I just love the looks of the glorious armor but i think it looks more like a scout-ranger than an assassin

@ Lyrsen: sorry, I loved the krytan armor as Ranger armor back in GW1 and I think it belongs to the ranger.

I guess I’ll go with a mix of

• Adventurer’s Scarf
  • Assassin’s Shoulderpads (not quite sure)
  • Strider’s Tunic
  • Assassin’s Gloves
  • Strider’s Leggins
  • Sneakthief Sandals (not quite sure)

If anyone also wants to share his/her assassin for more input that’d be highly appreciated.

in Thief

Rambo.7814

On a closer look the sneakthief sandals are frikkin ugly. Is there anything comparable? (daggers, blades, anything?)

in Thief

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

The human whispers boots has daggers on it… you could try looking at that?

http://www.gw2armor.com/human/female/medium_list.php

Crystal Desert

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I wish they’d add GW1 Assassin armor, preferably Luxon armor. But they hate my money.

People keep calling me Scorpion all the time so I guess I achieved Assassin-ness.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I mean, it’s not exactly the same, but at least there’t the assassin-y feel to glorious armor

Attachments:

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: riian.5690

riian.5690

Human Female?
t3 mask
scarf shoulders
glorious top
viper gloves
CoE pants
Magitec Boots
Golden Ram Backpiece

Attachments:

Spied – Thief | VAIN | Dragonbrand
#1 Spy NA.

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

hmm. this the "closest i have to that of gw1 female sin.

t3 human mask
heartage shoulders
ascended chest
rawhide gloves
ascended leggings
t3 human boots/sandals

all dyed midnight ice apart from the 4th part on the chest which is redemption.

Attachments:

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Strider chest and boots are amazing pieces.

in Thief

Posted by: Nurgles Socks.2496

Nurgles Socks.2496

is,’t the legacy armour the same as the GW1 armour? you can buy the skins from the gem store!

Vapour Snake – TEEF – GODS – RoF EU

in Thief

Posted by: Nurgles Socks.2496

Nurgles Socks.2496

I have the set but don’t have a camera, can I take print screens in game or something? it looks like what you’re looking for with the mask, has a skull on the shoulder and the belt buckle or whatever has a skull on too, looks sick btw.

Vapour Snake – TEEF – GODS – RoF EU