Game Update Notes - June 25th, 2013 - Thief

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-June-25th-2013

Thief:

• Lotus Strike: Increased the poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Shadow Trap: Increased the recharge to 45 seconds.
  • Destroy Shadow Trap: This ability now teleports the thief back to the trap location when it is destroyed. Added range skill facts. This skill now breaks stuns. Using this skill puts Shadow Trap on recharge.
  • Shadow Pursuit: This ability now grants fury and 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds along with stealth when used to teleport to the enemy who triggered Shadow Trap. This ability now breaks stuns. Using this skill puts Shadow Trap on recharge.
  • Death Blossom: This trait now costs 4 initiative.
  • Body Shot: Reduced the aftercast by .4 seconds. Decreased the vulnerability duration to 3 seconds. Increased to 10 stacks for vulnerability.
  • Pistol Whip: Decreased the time between the stun and the sword flurry.
  • Scorpion Wire: Decreased the aftercast by .2 seconds. Reduced the cooldown to 20 seconds.
  • Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability.
  • Steal: Reduced the recharge to 35 seconds.
  • Cluster Bomb: Decreased the range set from 1200 to 900.
  • Larcenous Strike: Increased the initiative cost to 2.
  • Nine Tailed Strike: Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 5.
  • Shadow Assault: Increased the initiative cost from 5 to 7.
  • The Ripper: Increased the bleed duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
  • Deadly Strike:. Increased the damage from 1 to 1.2.
  • Skale Venom: Replaced weakness with torment.
  • Dancing Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost to 3.
  • Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker.
  • Withdraw: The travel distance underwater has been cut in half to match the land distance.

Acrobatics

• Assassin’s Retreat: This trait now grants 10 seconds of swiftness when players kill a foe. This effect has a 5-second internal cooldown.
  • Pain Response: Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Hard to Catch: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

Critical Strikes

• Furious Retaliation: This trait now grants 10 seconds of fury when striking a target whose health is below 50%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • Signets of Power: The 5 stacks of might that this trait grants have been increased to 10 seconds.

Deadly Arts

• Corrosive Traps: This trait now grants 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds (up from 5 seconds).
  • Sundering Strikes: Vulnerability caused by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Panic Strike: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
  • Lotus Poison: Increased the weakness duration to 4 seconds, but it can only apply once every 20 seconds per target.

Shadow Arts

• Last Refuge: Reduced the cooldown of this trait from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
  • Slowed Pulse: The effect of this trait now occurs if the player has 2 or more stacks of bleeding.
  • Shadow Protector: This trait has been changed to apply 10 seconds of regeneration when the players stealth them. This effect will not occur if the ally already has regeneration on them.

Trickery

• Merciful Ambush: This trait now grants 2 seconds of stealth to players and their allies when beginning a revive.
  • Long Reach: This trait now increases the range of Steal to 1500 (up from 1200).
  • Ricochet: The chance to bounce for this trait has been increased from 25% to 50%.
  • Sleight of Hand: In addition to dazing the player’s target, this trait now reduces the recharge of Steal by an additional 20%.
  • Instinctual Response: This trait now properly blinds enemies struck by the feathers. Increased the radius from 120 to 180.
  • Bountiful Theft: This trait will now trigger before Sleight of Hand.
Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

(edited by xmtrcv.5236)

in Thief

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

So is sword/pistol still awesome in pve?

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Bountiful theft change so good. Interrupting Shelter through stability lmfao.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

wow nice, they buffed weakness by quite a bit compared to leaked patch notes and kept in weakness for sword AA. lotus poison is pretty much useless now but with sword AA and shortbow #4 into #2 it’s still a reliable source of weakness. cluster bomb range reduction is still disappointing though..

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

As I feared, the changes make my thief totally unkillable underwater…

… because you won’t find me underwater ever again.

in Thief

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

the s/p weakness build i made is useless because of lotus poison so i guess i’ll be going 30 trickery now :-(

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Shadow trap seems godly. I can’t believe destroying it is as 10000 range teleport.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

ensoriki.5789

Shadow trap is amazing lmfao better than inf strike was.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Lotus Poison nerf: Completly unnecesary and no one ever cried for it being OP. Even with weakness change (that isn’t even a big buff, it just works as intended… and worse than before at that).

Body Shot change: really? 10 vulnerability that no one will benefit from because it’s 3 freaking seconds, reducted to 1.5 in boss fights. And it still is mathematical garbage compared with other skills, yay!!

Underwater nerf: The spear was the thing saving Thief lack of available skills underwater. With this BRUTAL nerf Thieves won’t like to wet their feet anymore.

Last Refuge: Now this is even better at killing you!!

And the list goes and goes…

Apparently the premise of all professions being able to perform any role isn’t what they wanted for the Thief. They’re limiting our options more and more.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

Thief:

Lotus Strike: Increased the poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
Shadow Trap: Increased the recharge to 45 seconds.
Destroy Shadow Trap: This ability now teleports the thief back to the trap location when it is destroyed. Added range skill facts. This skill now breaks stuns. Using this skill puts Shadow Trap on recharge.
Shadow Pursuit: This ability now grants fury and 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds along with stealth when used to teleport to the enemy who triggered Shadow Trap. This ability now breaks stuns. Using this skill puts Shadow Trap on recharge.
Death Blossom: This trait now costs 4 initiative.
Body Shot: Reduced the aftercast by .4 seconds. Decreased the vulnerability duration to 3 seconds. Increased to 10 stacks for vulnerability.
Pistol Whip: Decreased the time between the stun and the sword flurry.
Scorpion Wire: Decreased the aftercast by .2 seconds. Reduced the cooldown to 20 seconds.
Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability.
Steal: Reduced the recharge to 35 seconds.
Cluster Bomb: Decreased the range set from 1200 to 900.
Larcenous Strike: Increased the initiative cost to 2.
Nine Tailed Strike: Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 5.
Shadow Assault: Increased the initiative cost from 5 to 7.
The Ripper: Increased the bleed duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds.
Deadly Strike:. Increased the damage from 1 to 1.2.
Skale Venom: Replaced weakness with torment.
Dancing Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost to 3.
Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker.
Withdraw: The travel distance underwater has been cut in half to match the land distance.

Acrobatics
Assassin’s Retreat: This trait now grants 10 seconds of swiftness when players kill a foe. This effect has a 5-second internal cooldown.
Pain Response: Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
Hard to Catch: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
Critical Strikes
Furious Retaliation: This trait now grants 10 seconds of fury when striking a target whose health is below 50%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Signets of Power: The 5 stacks of might that this trait grants have been increased to 10 seconds.

Deadly Arts
Corrosive Traps: This trait now grants 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds (up from 5 seconds).
Sundering Strikes: Vulnerability caused by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Panic Strike: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
Lotus Poison: Increased the weakness duration to 4 seconds, but it can only apply once every 20 seconds per target.
Shadow Arts
Last Refuge: Reduced the cooldown of this trait from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
Slowed Pulse: The effect of this trait now occurs if the player has 2 or more stacks of bleeding.
Shadow Protector: This trait has been changed to apply 10 seconds of regeneration when the players stealth them. This effect will not occur if the ally already has regeneration on them.

Trickery
Merciful Ambush: This trait now grants 2 seconds of stealth to players and their allies when beginning a revive.
Long Reach: This trait now increases the range of Steal to 1500 (up from 1200).
Ricochet: The chance to bounce for this trait has been increased from 25% to 50%.
Sleight of Hand: In addition to dazing the player’s target, this trait now reduces the recharge of Steal by an additional 20%.
Instinctual Response: This trait now properly blinds enemies struck by the feathers. Increased the radius from 120 to 180.
Bountiful Theft: This trait will now trigger before Sleight of Hand.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

how does weakness work worse than before? it’s a LOT better, it’s really a good buff for us.

All is vain.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

cant say im too happy about stun break on the sword. since we lost that i think there will be a need for stealth on that build which means it wont be as viable in spvp. also a double whammy with the extra init on LS. i can see one or the other but both kinda hurt our ONLY NON STEALTH BUILD lol. they should change stealth in pvp to 50% cap speed or something. that is just crazy that we are so useless in spvp.

shadow trap…..well this just sux…i like the idea for supply running but ive been using the skill now for 20 mins or so and have to say it catches on carts….trees….walls….elevations…. useless so far.

underwater combat? advice: dont go in water or you gonna be a dead thief ahah. nuff said i think here.

the trait updates are nice and fair i think. especially on steal bc its our only F mechanic and now we can get it to 17.5 seconds. so we can get a lil heal from it and perma vigor so thats lovely. anet is turning us into evade thieves. however the evades are so short they dont mitigate much dmg. time will change that hopefully.

merciful ambush . lovely however not very usefull on a dead guy only on a downed player. have yet to see if ther is an internal cooldown or not. i assume there is even tho its not listed as the fall dmg trait is the same. long reach? nobody uses it. scorpion wire? too slow doesnt hit although if they sped up the attack id use it alot.

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

“Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker”

Was this really necessary? :\

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

how does weakness work worse than before? it’s a LOT better, it’s really a good buff for us.

It procs half the times than before. The change they made is how it was supposed to work from the very beginning as it made no sense that an atribute distribution would negate a condition by itself.

Lotus Poison nerf (specially such a brutal and weird per target nerf) was completly uncalled and unnecesary.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

It procs half the times than before. The change they made is how it was supposed to work from the very beginning as it made no sense that an atribute distribution would negate a condition by itself.

Lotus Poison nerf (specially such a brutal and weird per target nerf) was completly uncalled and unnecesary.

no it was buffed compared to leaked. check it again

Weakness: Changed from 50% fumble on regular attacks to 50% fumble on all attacks. Now only stacks up to 5 times (still stacks duration).

All is vain.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

have yet to see what im going to change my build into bc of all this rubbish. im trying a 10 30 0 0 30 now. we will see. thinking with trickery i might be able to work a rampagers build. since the stuns are in the friggen condi line :/

in Thief

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Apparently the premise of all professions being able to perform any role isn’t what they wanted for the Thief. They’re limiting our options more and more.

Could be worse. Mesmers are apparently ONLY supposed to play shatter builds now.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

Weakness: Changed from 50% fumble on regular attacks to 50% fumble on all attacks. Now only stacks up to 5 times (still stacks duration).

If that is true the it’s working as intended.

Absolute zero need to put a freaking 20 seconds cooldown (or any cooldown) on Lotus Poison.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Absolute zero need to put a freaking 20 seconds cooldown on Lotus Poison.

it’s a D/D D/P nerf. it doesn’t really affect S/P S/D. It doesn’t really affect shortbow since shortbow still has #4 into #2.

All is vain.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

it’s a D/D D/P nerf. it doesn’t really affect S/P S/D. It doesn’t really affect shortbow since shortbow still has #4 into #2.

4 + 2 means wasting your useful combo finishers in your own fields. I’ve been trying the nerfed 4 now and it’s worthless without the weakness. I can no longer help my team mitigating damage with it.

Btw: Mesmer got 5 Torment on a 12 seconds cooldown weapon skill, we got 3 Torment on a 45 seconds utility skill… yay!! And there are people crying for our access to Torment!!

Body Shot instead of that ABSOLUTE MATHEMATICAL GARBAGE that is 10 vuln on 3 seconds cooldown should have got 2 torment aplications and zero weakness and the skill would’ve been fixed.

Skale Venom is still really bad, the number of charges needs to increase for it to be effective.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

4 + 2 means wasting your useful combo finishers in your own fields. I’ve been trying the nerfed 4 now and it’s worthless without the weakness. I can no longer help my team mitigating damage with it.

Btw: Mesmer got 5 Torment on a 12 seconds cooldown weapon skill, we got 3 Torment on a 45 seconds utility skill… yay!! And there are people crying for our access to Torment!!

Body Shot instead of that ABSOLUTE MATHEMATICAL GARBAGE that is 10 vuln on 3 seconds cooldown should have got 2 torment aplications and zero weakness and the skill would’ve been fixed.

Skale Venom is still really bad, the number of charges needs to increase for it to be effective.

i don’t see how it’s useless. i mean with the buff to weakness, they said they were gonna make it not as accessible. you don’t blast finish in your own field but you blast in your party’s fields?? Why aren’t they stacked in the same place ?

i agree that the thief didn’t make it out so great with this patch, but at least it was an improvement compared to leaked. the nerf that really hurts me is cluster bomb range reduction. i really like siege warfare.

All is vain.

in Thief

Lokheit.7943

This really feels like the right time to start leveling my alts given how everything the Thief could do to that didn’t consist on being a squishy boring dagger zerker and that no one ever complained about is getting nerfed to the ground with no reason at all, and everything that was bad (Last Refuge) gets more effective at killing you…

in Thief

Posted by: GeoPro.7530

GeoPro.7530

I’m quite disappointed with the shadow trap changes, it’s obviously better now but because everyone’s gunna be using it I won’t be able to confuse the kitten out of people in wvw with it.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

i don’t see how it’s useless. i mean with the buff to weakness, they said they were gonna make it not as accessible. you don’t blast finish in your own field but you blast in your party’s fields?? Why aren’t they stacked in the same place ?

i agree that the thief didn’t make it out so great with this patch, but at least it was an improvement compared to leaked. the nerf that really hurts me is cluster bomb range reduction. i really like siege warfare.

if u stack more than 1 field in the same place only 1 gets used. one will overide the others :P

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

if u stack more than 1 field in the same place only 1 gets used. one will overide the others :P

ugh i didn’t know that … that really sucks

So this IS a huge nerf then.

as i originally suspected lotus poison nerf is a really huge one which is why I was really happy when it didn’t appear in the trait preview.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

I regret having spent 100 euro, buying gems for a game that makes me more and more angry with every next balancing patch.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

@pavel …exactly. they need to buff everyone to make them even. not nerf. the problem is that every class is supposed to be self reliant rather than having roles. thats why they got rid of monks and also had a larger target gaming audience. marketing decisions took over actually gaming intelligence :P this game is going to be dead b4 the 1 year mark.

in Thief

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The game won’t die like a subscription-based game would. Free to play is free to play. Most will adapt or play the next fotm profession/build. Right now, there isn’t really a competitor to draw off those who enjoy WvW. When TESO debuts, you’ll probably see a migration of sorts, at least short term.

The market really needs an new, dynamic MMO, to prod companies like Anet to work to keep players.

in Thief

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

I can honestly say, the only thing I’m really happy about is that torment was added to Skale Venom. Which means I’ll be using that instead. Otherwise, I’m somewhat upset about what changes were made.
Honestly though, I’ll have to log in and see how they make a difference on my current build and play style.

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Ricochet works better with P/D now. Add Signet of Malice buff and maybe the new torment thing (and of course DB for D/D users). Maybe we have a new condition meta? (I doubt, people are stubborn when it comes to changing builds :P)

in Thief

Posted by: Ghrim.6139

Ghrim.6139

Too many chicken littles… I’ll continue to play my d/p… and prolly be just as good, better the longer I play. Just an adjustment here and there….

in Thief

Travlane.5948

yeah but our scale venom still kinda sux. the ONLY reason our scale venom is like half as good as mes torment is bc we have venom share……if we dont have venom share we’d prolly have like 5 or 6 stacks of torment rather than 3 for 5 secs which is a total joke on a 45 sec timer. mes have 5 stacks on 10 secs or something for like a 30 sec timer.

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

Ricochet works better with P/D now. Add Signet of Malice buff and maybe the new torment thing (and of course DB for D/D users). Maybe we have a new condition meta? (I doubt, people are stubborn when it comes to changing builds :P)

Hide in Shadows still a better option for wiping conditions + stealthed Pistol 1. :(

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

in Thief

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Bye bye shortbow in WvW and PvP I guess.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

source:

Thief:

• Lotus Strike: decent buff. Nothing particularly special.
  • Shadow Trap: got some much needed buffs, thank goodness..
  • Death Blossom: does it still look cool?
  • Body Shot: grats on not fixing the problem.
  • Pistol Whip: what do we want? Damage buff! When do we want it? Now!
  • Scorpion Wire: now a decent skill; will try.
  • Signet of Malice: thank goodness
  • Steal: SIIIICCCCCKKKKKKKK
  • Cluster Bomb: wtf? Why? Now we have no 1200 range weapon skills…
  • Larcenous Strike: fair.
  • initiative cost from 5 to 7.
  • Underwater stuff: whatever
  • Deadly Strike: I don’t even remember what skill this is.
  • Skale Venom: swapped one good condition for another one. Vulnerability still sucks.
  • Dancing Dagger: meh. Decent, IMO.
  • Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): fair.
  • Withdraw: fair.

Acrobatics

• Assassin’s Retreat: still sucks.
  • Pain Response: still sucks.
  • Hard to Catch: still sucks.

Critical Strikes

• Furious Retaliation: meh.
  • Signets of Power: eh.

Deadly Arts

• Corrosive Traps: Vuln still sucks.
  • Sundering Strikes: (see above)
  • Panic Strike: still sucks.
  • Lotus Poison: owch.

Shadow Arts

• Last Refuge: lol
  • Slowed Pulse: still sucks.
  • Shadow Protector: w/e.

Trickery

• Merciful Ambush: still sucks.
  • Long Reach: so sweet.
  • Ricochet: pistol still sucks.
  • Sleight of Hand: holy crap lol
  • Instinctual Response: still sucks.
  • Bountiful Theft: logical.
Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

They just damaged/nerf thief as they could again….Hey Anet if you dont want people to play thief, just delete whole class. Every update you did from released brought more dissapointment then good for thief class.

in Thief

ensoriki.5789

Merciful Ambush is fairly cool and Panic strike change is strong.
S/P is getting about one more slash in, which certainly helps, but the change to Inf strike hurts it simultaneously.
Imo Signet of Malice is underwhelming would try some different amulets but so far just not feeling it.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

They just damaged/nerf thief as they could again….Hey Anet if you dont want people to play thief, just delete whole class. Every update you did from released brought more dissapointment then good for thief class.

You crazy dude ? Where the hell do you see a nerf ? Go check rangers, you’ll see nerfs.
Thieves got a boost xD Gonna play my thief a bit more i guess…

in Thief

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Not everyone runs the cookie-cutter D/D or D/P Fenrir. They effectively killed pretty much every other viable build so you’ll see a lot more of these cooke-cutters running around… because it is the only viable thing remaining.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Thief

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Any P/P thieves here? Is ricochet any use now? (although I don’t expect much… if Pistols got to 1200 range, there might be something to talk about…)

in Thief

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

You crazy dude ? Where the hell do you see a nerf ? Go check rangers, you’ll see nerfs.
Thieves got a boost xD Gonna play my thief a bit more i guess…

I never said other clases was not nerfed. And thief buffs? Nothing is worth compared to nerfs.
Lotus Strike: Increased the poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds – Worthless for direct DMG
Death Blossom: This trait now costs 4 initiative. – Again no use for direct DMG
Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability. – Still worthless fo PVP
Dancing Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost to 3 – Worhless.
The Ripper: Increased the bleed duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds – Another condition buff
Skale Venom: Replaced weakness with torment. Yes make weakness finaly usefull condion and replace it by new worthless condition. and again good only for condition builds

They buffed only condition builds and nerfed direct dmg. If you like conditions more than direct dmg it is ok for you. But what they think? That i will enjoy Condition builds more than direct dmg becouse they will boost it and continue nerfing my favorite play style? I am already using S/D more than D/D becouse of their bad ,,balance style" But i will never play condition build and abandon direct dmg just becouse too many people do not know how to play against it and Anet wants to make them happy…

(edited by daros.3407)

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I have stopped playing for some time now and come to this forums once a week to see how thing are. Waiting for the game to get better to come back to it.

Patch notes like these (not just the thief but all professions) makes me want to shift+del the game…

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Tired of them picking on shortbow

and it’s very boring that the new condition is part of a crappy utility instead of a weapon skill. They should of put it on Needle Trap too, that utility is pretty non existent and has been since beta.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

With the new ricochet trait, and SOM buff, that is some decent healing if firing into a group of enemies, will def give this a try

Trickery in general has gotten interesting, pitty the passive stat boosts suck

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

source:

Thief:

• Lotus Strike: Increased the poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds. Whatever.
  • Shadow Trap: Good change
  • Death Blossom: This trait now costs 4 initiative. The skill still suck
  • Body Shot: Reduced the aftercast by .4 seconds. Decreased the vulnerability duration to 3 seconds. Increased to 10 stacks for vulnerability. useless buff, rework that skill completly please?
  • Pistol Whip: Decreased the time between the stun and the sword flurry. Good change
  • Scorpion Wire: Decreased the aftercast by .2 seconds. Reduced the cooldown to 20 seconds. It should still at least steal one boon
  • Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability. Good change
  • Steal: Reduced the recharge to 35 seconds. Best change of the patch with all the trickery stuff
  • Cluster Bomb: Decreased the range set from 1200 to 900. Ouch
  • Larcenous Strike: Increased the initiative cost to 2. Good change
  • Nine Tailed Strike: Increased the initiative cost from 3 to 5. 2 is harsh, 1 would have been fair
  • Shadow Assault: Increased the initiative cost from 5 to 7. Good change
  • The Ripper: Increased the bleed duration from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Skill is crap to begin with, rework it, make it actually strong please
  • Deadly Strike:. Increased the damage from 1 to 1.2. Still crap, those two stealthed underwater skills are far too weak especially considering how hard it is to stealth underwater
  • Skale Venom: Replaced weakness with torment. Venom needs a rework, pretty useless change
  • Dancing Dagger: Reduced the initiative cost to 3. Skill still suck, but whatever
  • Shadow Return (Infiltrator Strike Toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker. Fair
  • Withdraw: The travel distance underwater has been cut in half to match the land distance. This also include roll for ini, this pretty much destroyed underwater thieves, especially considering they got absolutly no real compensation

Acrobatics

• Assassin’s Retreat: This trait now grants 10 seconds of swiftness when players kill a foe. This effect has a 5-second internal cooldown. Bad trait, needs to be removed
  • Pain Response: Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds. Meh, decent i guess
  • Hard to Catch: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Bad trait, needs to be removed

Critical Strikes

• Furious Retaliation: This trait now grants 10 seconds of fury when striking a target whose health is below 50%. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds. Whatever
  • Signets of Power: The 5 stacks of might that this trait grants have been increased to 10 seconds. I read it as, “we don’t know how to change assassin signet so we hope increasing the duration w ill somehow give a use to the active”

Deadly Arts

• Corrosive Traps: This trait now grants 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds (up from 5 seconds). Hahahahaha, no… combine it with master trapper at least…
  • Sundering Strikes: Vulnerability caused by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds. Bad trait, needs to be removed
  • Panic Strike: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Good change
  • Lotus Poison: Increased the weakness duration to 4 seconds, but it can only apply once every 20 seconds per target. Fair i guess

Shadow Arts

• Last Refuge: Reduced the cooldown of this trait from 90 seconds to 60 seconds. What?
  • Slowed Pulse: The effect of this trait now occurs if the player has 2 or more stacks of bleeding. Bad trait, needs to be removed
  • Shadow Protector: This trait has been changed to apply 10 seconds of regeneration when the players stealth them. This effect will not occur if the ally already has regeneration on them. Meh, whatever

Trickery

• Merciful Ambush: This trait now grants 2 seconds of stealth to players and their allies when beginning a revive. Good change
  • Long Reach: This trait now increases the range of Steal to 1500 (up from 1200). Good change
  • Ricochet: The chance to bounce for this trait has been increased from 25% to 50%. Pistols suck, nobody cares
  • Sleight of Hand: In addition to dazing the player’s target, this trait now reduces the recharge of Steal by an additional 20%. Good change
  • Instinctual Response: This trait now properly blinds enemies struck by the feathers. Increased the radius from 120 to 180. Meh
  • Bountiful Theft: This trait will now trigger before Sleight of Hand. Good change
It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Thief

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Skill splits.
We needed them…

A Dev team of 1-1/2 “balancers” regularly delivered those skill splits on a game with 1000 different skills only a couple years ago. Guess which game that was…
That’s right, it was Guild Wars. I could run Crescents bows, alongside a Hornbow, alongside a Flatbow and it never hurt anyone else in PvE… Did Assassin critbow get really nerfed there? No, Critscythe did b/c it was the real DealBreaker. But it also got BUFFED in the same update and given immunity to Blindness and “missing”. …just for PvE’s sake

(edited by ilr.9675)