in Thief

Posted by: Beautilation.7915

Beautilation.7915

what is it? can anyone post it, thanks in advance

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

No it needs to die in Hellfire it is the Trolliest build and you will only kill bass with it

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: redcore.3940

redcore.3940

No it needs to die in Hellfire it is the Trolliest build and you will only kill bass with it

Either say something useful or dont say anything!

What i know about it they are condi specced and they use d/p.
Using 5th pistols ability creates “aoe” effect and if you use heartseeker inside of it you will get stealth. If you manage to hs inside of it 3 times your stealth will stack.
They use traps which provides stealth too. They use heal ability which provides stealth as well. You dont wanna hit anyone! If you do, you will reveal yourself and you will get focused.
Yeah and they use caltrops as well which causes bleeding but it wont break your stealth.

But be careful with heartseeker while close to your opponent bcz it will hit him and you will loose stealth.

Dont know what traits they use but something around bleeding, condi, stealth stuff.
Armor and “enchants” – around conditions.

Please correct me if i am wrong. Still learning.

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Many don’t run trapper runes and only run one trap. They use traits to drop a trap on heal and then double up that trap, plus confusion and poison on steal.

The stealth stacking is combo heartseeker + blackpowder. The trait line to make this work well is Shadow Arts. It is a “core” build that generally runs Shadow Arts, Deadly Arts, Trickery.

The build is weak against condition clear and mobile opponents. It can also not handle anti-stealth traps or other AoE reveal abilities. The statement “only kills bad players” is fairly accurate.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Ghost is very fun to play, but everyone who says it has weaknesses are correct.

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

Ghost is very fun to play, but everyone who says it has weaknesses are correct.

Very true. My Scrapper has been able to kill a couple of them in WvW pretty easily once they can’t stealth.

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

its a kittenty build that PvE players use because what if they see me im insta dead..

dunno how people enjoy killing other dummies while not doing a jackkitten but follow a person in stealth waiting for your condis to do the job.

i personally rather die, while trying hard then having to follow someone in hide.
PS the build sucks any non kitten will smash your face, or simply run away from ya.

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Other tips for countering are watch for asura or sylvari base thieves. The racial skills are often used in this playstyle.

If you play thief do not rely on escapist’s absolution. Any ghost with half a brain will notice and not attack you after their condis are applied.

Just roam with a stealth trap and place it.

Don’t pay attention to the ‘only bad players die to this build’ nonsense. The people that post that know full well what they are doing. Many builds can not beat that. Some people like roaming and welcome a challenge. Go find them instead. Just avoid the discription above. Let them go elsewhere.

Pancakes
Thief

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Easily countered by standing in their black powder when you see it pop up. They will either hit you with heartseeker and reveal themselves, or if not, they only get 3 sec of stealth and waste tons of initiative. Most panic immediately upon being revealed prematurely

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Not as optimized as it can be but works nonetheless:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZQQNAoaVnsMBNPhVuBuNBEIiDYiS/nBQBw7hYYH8fRcMiA-TlyCQBoUJIAOkAvQDByOBAU4IBss9HKo6PASfwxeAAVU5HpAgYZF-w

Also don’t be afraid to leave the “Ghost” portion when a target is injured. The build is actually a pretty strong finisher outside of stealth.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

not my video but it is hilarious so you should give it a watch.
this guy trolls a whole guild of people in wvw for nearly 20 minutes while using a similar perma stealth build to the kind you’re after.
video

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: vove.2768

vove.2768

It’s not like it is pistol’s 5 + heartseeker. I mean that is correct but there is more to be told. You get stelath by using blast or leap finisher in smoke combo field.

In case of dagger/pistol you create smoke combo field with 5, and heartseeker is leap finisher, but these are not the only options. You can also blast cluster bomb for aoe stealth.

this guy trolls a whole guild of people in wvw for nearly 20 minutes while using a similar perma stealth build to the kind you’re after.
video

^This is why they should rework/remove stealth and similar mechanics. Really great job anet.

As for the build itself I don’t think its purpose is dueling. People who I saw running with it usually flip towers after capture.

(edited by vove.2768)

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

video

Haha that was a funny video. EU WvW players must be trash though xD

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Straegen.2938

^This is why they should rework/remove stealth and similar mechanics. Really great job anet.

They don’t need to rework stealth just remove stealth stacking. At least try it for a month and see if it works. I main a thief and loath stealth stacking so much I completely stopped using stealth over a year ago.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

vove.2768

They don’t need to rework stealth

I completely stopped using stealth over a year ago.

Did you even read what you wrote? xD

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Straegen.2938

Did you even read what you wrote? xD

Do you understand the difference between stealth and stealth stacking? Stealth is fine as-is and it doesn’t need to be removed or reworked. Field stacking is the broken mechanic. Thieves should be able to Heartseeker through a field and get stealth. They just shouldn’t be able to extend it by going through the same field again.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Posted by: Rocky.8195

Rocky.8195

Ghost thief is broken right now. It’ll be nerfed asap trust me.

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

vove.2768

Do you understand the difference between stealth and stealth stacking?

Stealth is fine

xD

Ghost Thief Build?

in Thief

Straegen.2938

xD

What is your point? Are you trying to say stealth stacking isn’t a problem? Are you trying to point out some inconsistency in my argument? Are you confused about the topic at hand?

Not that it is relevant here but since it clearly rubbed you the wrong way: I stopped using stealth for two reasons… D/D is a mess and D/P stealth stacking is ridiculous. Those are really the only two weapon sets that stealth well for a thief. If Anet addresses the D/D issues, I will go back to running it. If they remove stealth stacking, I might give D/P a closer look. What I don’t want to play is a low skill-floor weapon set with simple rotations centered around long stealth duration which is exactly what D/P is currently.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

(edited by Straegen.2938)