Good Pistol/Dagger spvp build

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Hey guys

I just levelled my thief to 80 cause i see how op this class can be when a good guy is playing it.

Anyway im playing pistol daggre in spvp – can someone direct me to a good build for this?

Right now im going 10 mug – 0 – 10 stealth condition clear – 20 acro for vigour and dodges – 30 trickery for stun and caltrops/boon strips.

in Thief

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

atleast use the 26006 meta and rediscover that they aren’t as good as you think. you will be able to kill packpedalers in hotjoin with no biggie the rest will be a biggie.

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

i use 2 6 00 6 for dagger pistol. But not for pistol dagger as i feel you need more sustain to let your conditions tick off instead of burst like the dp 26006.

in Thief

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

There’s actually a Cele 60206 Pistol Dagger build but it’s not meta.
It uses Air + Fire, Power-related runes, and Panic Strike.
Main damage comes from CnD Pistol sneak attack + #3 stab port with torment. Actually deals more damage than Backstab.
You take Shadowstep/Blinding Powder/Shadow Refuge and Basi.

However pretty one-dimensional build and fairly predictable…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Thief

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

oh cond build, my mistake, mixed p/d with d/p

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

oh cond build, my mistake, mixed p/d with d/p

Read the first post thanks

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Person who insists the class is overpowered aims to play the most faceroll build on the class which is one of the most powerful specs in the game.

I mean, if it’s so strong, and this build is, and it’s so easy, why do you need any help building to be better? Shouldn’t you just be winning by default?

in Thief

Posted by: Lygon.4896

Lygon.4896

condi thief in spvp.. you’re already teefing wrong.

in Thief

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

Just because he wants to use p/d doesn’t mean he is/wants a condi build. The plain fact is condi build for thief is OK but everyone and their pet has condi cleanse and reduction food. Other players also drop a lot of aoe around themselves to gain an advantage on thieves but if one is ranged, this can be easily avoided. This is the p/d power build i use wvw
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAqYVlsMpypdPx0J8PNBNhwdtYz8O83yaFA-TFCBABCu/wAHBgzUCilyPAeAApoPYiTBgOq/QGA9JA-w
mostly because I have latency problems and I just love c&d. Yes I have used this in spvp and got a lot of qq because of c&d and being ranged out of the aoe’s.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Just because he wants to use p/d doesn’t mean he is/wants a condi build. The plain fact is condi build for thief is OK but everyone and their pet has condi cleanse and reduction food. Other players also drop a lot of aoe around themselves to gain an advantage on thieves but if one is ranged, this can be easily avoided. This is the p/d power build i use wvw
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAqYVlsMpypdPx0J8PNBNhwdtYz8O83yaFA-TFCBABCu/wAHBgzUCilyPAeAApoPYiTBgOq/QGA9JA-w
mostly because I have latency problems and I just love c&d. Yes I have used this in spvp and got a lot of qq because of c&d and being ranged out of the aoe’s.

Everyone needs reduction food on the basis that duration food is wildly overpowered to the point where mesmers could achieve 60k condition damage per rotation. He’s also not playing in WvW, so there is no food.

P/D condition is just inherently better in WvW on the basis that modifiers are far greater for damage throughputs and skills like CnD and power stats are nerfed in sPvP. P/D condition thief is also one of the strongest and most aggressive condition builds in the game, and it can and will bypass condition cleansing for high damage faster than any given build in the game.

Dire is also a substantially better gear set than most due to its high damage and durability. This benefits the thief more than other classes due to their low base health.

The only argument one can pose as to why P/D condi isn’t useful in sPvP is because of the stealth dependency from CnD possibly making it weak to defend points (although it really doesn’t need stealth) and reduced effectiveness in organized team fights.

Again, the build is super face-roll easy and provides the greatest results with the lowest skill requirement, and since OP claims that thieves need to be banned from sPvP as a format due to some random over-powered-ness somewhere, I don’t see a reason why he would need assistance to become even remotely useful.

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Wouldn’t recommend the weapon set in PvP on any build.

You contribute less in team fights because you don’t offer the same burst that other weapon sets do. You’re only semi-viable in far-point skirmishes, but good luck taking down bunker guards or d/d eles. Your condition damage is only single target, as opposed to that of necro’s or engi’s, and your power damage is nothing compared to that of other thief sets. Even with a celestial amulet, you still contribute less than a cele d/d ele or cele engi because you still can’t hold points.

If you’re just playing hotjoins, then any build is fine. If you’re playing serious tPvP, I suggest another weapon set.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

There is no such thing as good main-hand pistol build in pvp, especially not any kind of condi thief.

in Thief

Peow peow.2189

hey guys please dont bring other theads into this one.

I have found a good p/d build i am using in spvp it is 0/0/6/2/6 and im killing alot of people. So thanks for the people that helped.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

There is no such thing as good main-hand pistol build in pvp, especially not any kind of condi thief.

There used to be. Before the blind nerf on offhand pistol, P/P healing power bunker was insane despite nobody using it. It could literally survive ANYTHING, granted it would take around 15 mins to bring down an ele lol.

in Thief

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

hey guys please dont bring other theads into this one.

I have found a good p/d build i am using in spvp it is 0/0/6/2/6 and im killing alot of people. So thanks for the people that helped.

Anything works in hotjoin. You can go in with no traits, no utility skills and only a main hand pistol and still kill some people.

But in rated, don’t play that please unless you hate your teammates.