Good Thief Builds Burst

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: ramocoolio.4120

ramocoolio.4120

So I’m looking for a good thief up-to-date build .
i prefer it to be either :

*Burst build
*D/P
*P/D

• i don’t like condi
  • not D/D

just any builds you could quickly throw at me that i can take a look at

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: ramocoolio.4120

ramocoolio.4120

Anyone can play D/D burst.
But a mastered D/P their is unstoppable and crazy. In the link what if you took 6/6/0/0/2, would that work also?

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

But a mastered D/P their is unstoppable and crazy. In the link what if you took 6/6/0/0/2, would that work also?

D/D requires “actually” more skill then D/P , as D/P is very noob friendly with easy access to stealth. So I don’t know, “anyone can play D/D burst” is a weird statement IMO.
But yes, a good D/P thief is harder to take down thanks to the utilities and stealth access.

As to your question, everything works, it just depends on your playstyle.
What a trickery build offers you tho is more initiative, vigor when you steal (more dodges), boon ripping and interrupt on steal (which also in on a lower CD).
A lot more utilities.

If you want a YOLOPANIC-build, try 6/6/0/0/2

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoaVl0Mp8plOxyJ8PNRLBtd03wH86Na/gAcAA-TlyCwAAOQAJOBAgVCGd/R53iHAQM1fEpNQuOGEHCgCHhgAAIAczbe0be0bWKgBWAA-w

Less survivable, less initiative and a tad more dmg.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Valk Armour
100% Crit from stealth

D/D

Steal hits for 2k
C&D hits for 4k
Backstab hits for 7k
Fire Blast hits for 1k
Lightning Bolt hits for 1.5k

This is on Mesmers/Elementalists/Thiefs

Instant Gib combo from over 2k units away using shadowstep.

In wvw zerg take down there eles, shadowstep back. Drop cluster bombs for blast finisher onto the commander (also hit bad guys) so you get loot. When recharge, take the next one down.

If you are left alone in there back lines, easy access to stealth off of everything and just keep backstabbing.

Its what I run sometimes and find it very effective.

Good Thief Builds Burst

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

6/6/x/x/x is not optimized for damage in any regard. See this thread for more info regarding my personal build and its optimization.

Valk/zerker mix, HiS heal, infil signet + assassin’s signet + signet of shadows + BV.

Traits are:
DA: Mug/Dagger Training;
CS: Signets of Power, Signet Use, HK;
TR: ToTC

Not sure if you’re trolling to be honest.
D/P and P/D are labeled the “meta cheese” sets for a very good reason.

D/D is the fairest set of the thief’s lineup and has the least amount of cheese with the fewest available useful skills. Anything pistol is noob-friendly and many of the people I’ve helped “learn to play” thief in-game after wanting help have moved from D/P to D/D because it’s much less gimmicky and admit D/P SA variants are crutch builds for less-skilled players and D/D’s upper potential limits/skill cap is much higher. I would further contemplate the use of SA for its condition removal but having no control over last refuge makes the entire line not justified for me. Stealth is essential at critical moments and being revealed because of a smart enemy requires gimmicks to compensate for it.

D/D burst thief’s skill is not in the damage yields but in surviving (especially signets). That said, it is the build with the best available quick enemy-dispatching potential in the game.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)