Good news for staff lovers...

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Whatever thief will get, it’s going to suck.

Please tell me where you purchased your crystal ball!

I hope this guy’s wrong, but thief’s been getting the short end of the stick recently.

(or short end of the rifle. the argument goes on)

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Anet is not going to give thieves any serious CC because of the ability to spam skills. Tactical Strike and Head Shot are the limit. Maybe some aimable dashes would work but then thieves already have plenty and most of them can be aimed.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Gray.9041

can they? heartseeker and SB3 come to mind, but they’re toward or away from an enemy only.

in Thief

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Anet is not going to give thieves any serious CC because of the ability to spam skills. Tactical Strike and Head Shot are the limit. Maybe some aimable dashes would work but then thieves already have plenty and most of them can be aimed.

Yeah I agree with this, and some aimable dashes where you shadow step or swoop towards your enemy and whack them with the staff, dazing them, would be ok. It’d have to be 6 Initiative for that though I feel.

I hope this guy’s wrong, but thief’s been getting the short end of the stick recently.

(or short end of the rifle. the argument goes on)

I liked that one!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Thief

Posted by: uglydan.1638

uglydan.1638

On Twitch, where the dev for thieves mentioned he hadn’t touched his thief for two weeks and couldn’t remember what the traits did.

in Thief

Gray.9041

On Twitch, where the dev for thieves mentioned he hadn’t touched his thief for two weeks and couldn’t remember what the traits did.

did this really happen? if so, can we get one of the devs who talks to us? the ones who care?

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

I think thief will probably get an off hand weapon instead of a 2h weapon. Reason is that all classes who got off hand weapons got their mechanic expanded instead of replaced. I think there’s not much sense in transforming steal into something else really since its only 2 skills. However they could transform initiative into something else. But since spec weapons are no longer unique I think gs is back on the table as well.

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

And I am talking about what is better vs what everyone thinks they want or what thief is getting. Staff, whether we get it or not, is not going to do anything for the profession.

How do you know what’s better? Given rifle’s track record, can you really be 100% certain that rifle would be better (and making OP would not be better, btw)? Also, just because you can’t think of anything to make staff unique, doesn’t mean nobody can.

I won’t dissect your points on staff being redundant, because Gray already did that.

And user designed skills do count. If you would talk to RedSpectrum, he’ll tell you that necro’s elite spec’s concept was based off of his idea. There were players supporting both of their ideas and so far one of them happened. No reason to not suspect it’ll happen again.

That’s some next-level weird logic right there. I don’t even know what to say about that…

…people would rather pretend they are shinobi, throwing shuriken/kunai everywhere while screaming “kawaii no waifu” than give players another option for combat.

Bro, you left pragmatism two train stations ago. You’re in the salt mines now! XD

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

And I am talking about what is better vs what everyone thinks they want or what thief is getting. Staff, whether we get it or not, is not going to do anything for the profession.

How do you know what’s better? Given rifle’s track record, can you really be 100% certain that rifle would be better (and making OP would not be better, btw)? Also, just because you can’t think of anything to make staff unique, doesn’t mean nobody can.

I won’t dissect your points on staff being redundant, because Gray already did that.

And user designed skills do count. If you would talk to RedSpectrum, he’ll tell you that necro’s elite spec’s concept was based off of his idea. There were players supporting both of their ideas and so far one of them happened. No reason to not suspect it’ll happen again.

That’s some next-level weird logic right there. I don’t even know what to say about that…

…people would rather pretend they are shinobi, throwing shuriken/kunai everywhere while screaming “kawaii no waifu” than give players another option for combat.

Bro, you left pragmatism two train stations ago. You’re in the salt mines now! XD

If I am salty its because every anime freak is dropping common sense to play naruto.

EDIT: Its okay though, I got something planned for the instance where we either get rifle or staff fails to deliver.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Gray.9041

If I am salty its because every anime freak is dropping common sense to play naruto.

EDIT: Its okay though, I got something planned for the instance where we either get rifle or staff fails to deliver.

I feel as though I missed something – where’s all the ninja stuff coming from?

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Off hand focus is what I am hoping for. Something to improve our survivalability. ANd off hand wepaons affect 3 skills instead of 2 !

in Thief

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

You really have no argument anymore, if you have to resort to this.

I’m Pro-Staff and I don’t watch Anime. Anything you say on these forums on this subject I’m just going to take with a pinch of… erm… salt, from now on.

I don’t mind debating pros and cons with people with opposing opinions, but when people come up with labels and generalisation like this, then common sense really has been dropped.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Thief

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I don’t care what weapon thief gets since it’s an alt to me anyway. I just like watching all the denial in these threads. Every time some new evidence pointing to staff comes up there’s an avalanche of “it’s not staff, it’s not staff, IT’S NOT STAFF!1!!1!”.

What makes anyone that wants rifle think it wouldn’t suck while staff definitely would? Surely they would both be equally capable of sucking. Warrior’s rifle is laughably bad, for example.

in Thief

Posted by: IDICERI.4268

IDICERI.4268

I’m really hoping for the melee staff to be our weapon. Hopefully it can combo chain cc or remove it. That would make for a great secondary set.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Thief-Acrobat_

I don’t want ninja stuff, I want that ^

in Thief

IDICERI.4268

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Einstein

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

You really have no argument anymore, if you have to resort to this.

I’m Pro-Staff and I don’t watch Anime. Anything you say on these forums on this subject I’m just going to take with a pinch of… erm… salt, from now on.

I don’t mind debating pros and cons with people with opposing opinions, but when people come up with labels and generalisation like this, then common sense really has been dropped.

It isn’t like staffers really had a point anyway. The only steam staff has comes from a single picture and model that more or less resembles the staff in the picture. It doesn’t mean that thief is getting staff. It never did. But because bias runs rampant with staffers, you have overexaggerated claims and deductions that make absolutely no sense.

For example the OP: because an entirely new profession gets a shield alongside chronomancer, that not only is the “Each elite spec weapon is unique” is null but it means that thief is more likely to get staff judging by the tone the OP set with the title. But that is just 1 instance. We still got engi hammer, guard longbow, necro greatsword, ele warhorn and we still got warrior left to go who does not have a good chance at getting staff. All it proves is that it is probable that elite specs may get the same weapon but at no point does it prove thief is definitely getting staff. Overexaggeration and bias.

Then when asked the question “What would staff provide?” you get answers like “okay, staff could provide: Control, decent cleaving attacks, good melee AoE attacks, possible tankiness (revenant staff provides some heal on basic attack chains for example)” you know, things that thief already has, redundancy which is never a good thing in a videogame. Tankiness might not be one but my point on it still stands. It’s either going to suck and make thieves crappy tanks, or its going to be OP just so we can tank.

Or you know, waiting for me to admit my irritation so you can pin me for being emotional/irrational. Then tell me nothing I say has worth based on that alone instead of making any sensible argument. Its just easier to ignore information, right?

Staff has picture and a model. Nothing to convince the populous it is going to do anything special. There is no foundation to melee staff, just a lot of hype because ninjas/monks and darth maul.

Rifle had speculation long before staff became a thing. It fit themeatically because it could be bursty while still fitting close to the thief’s theme in combat, infiltrating and taking out select targets. You know, the same thing snipers do. Anet stated that elite specs were going to expand upon the profession’s combat roles. Rifle offered to give thieves range, something they lacked. So for a long time it was a speculation which is still lasting through the staff hype all because there is a solid foundation.

EDIT: Nothing? Nobody has anything to say about this? No more salt comments? Nothing to refute?

Liaison for [Teef]

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

in Thief

Shadow.1345

None of our speculations mean anything. Truth is we don’t know until it gets announced. In the time I have played GW2 I have seen a lot of speculation that everyone was so sure of. You know like that Ice Bow 4 nerf that everyone knew was fo sho gonna happen. It was such a sure thing someone even made a song about it and then announcement came and Ice Bow 4 got buffed.

It doesn’t matter how bad you want rifle or that someone made a list of things for rifle skills for the thief. ANet is gonna do what ANet is gonna do. Rifle or staff or whatever we don’t know until it is released.

What we do know is that there is a picture of a person in Sneak Thief armor with a staff and it has the same colour scheme as the thief stuff and that holds a hell of a lot more water right now than some old kitten post some player made of his dream sniper skills for the thief. Some name drop of some guy that someone said Reaper was based off his idea doesn’t hold water for me until I see a Dev say “we got the idea from this guy”. Then even if they did it doesn’t mean a sniper is what they have in mind for the thief. In fact if anything a sniper has more in common with a Warrior (a sniper is a soldier after all, not a burglar) or an Engineer (sniping requires math to calculate for gravity, wind speed and direction, air pressure and curvature of the planet plus optics equipment in most cases) so just because some players have been speculating about thief getting a rifle and you wanted it and some guy made a list you liked doesn’t mean you are going to get it.

Those things listed to support the rifle aren’t evidence. Show me something datamined to support thief getting a rifle that has come since HoT was announced and then you have something until then staff has more evidence.

(edited by Shadow.1345)

in Thief

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

@yolo swaggins

1. Get off your high horse. Characterizing everyone that is pro staff as narutards as a personal attack does nothing for your argument and is just a petty insult.

2. You keep saying staff would either be op or redundant because of our current melee options. Ok… please tell me how rifle would not be op or redundant because of our current ranged options.

P/P, if rifle does more dps then P/P it is op and redundant, if rifle does less dps then P/P it will most likely go unused in favor of shortbow utility and be unused

P/D if rifle is better at kiting then P/D it is op

So, in the world we get rifle it is either a 1200 range monster that pushes out everything besides shortbow because of shortbow utility. Or it is meh and people will just use shortbow or P/D for kite ability.

Now this is all bullkitten because it is an over generalization of kits just like you overgeneralize where staff could be placed in our current weapon set.

3. We have a giant opening of a condition melee option that staff could fill cause personally leaping death blossom spam does nothing for me. There that is how staff is not redundant.

4. Again fan made kits are not evidence that we are getting rifle. Last I check who ever posted a rifle kit is not a anet developer. Also you have no proof that anet is going to take from the fan made kit it a baseless claim.

5. You are wrong the model and the staff in the picture are the same exact staff and are not just more or less resembling each other.

Here let me walk you through it starting at the top of the staff

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gw2-staff.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xA8qvVk.png
Model: We have a golden metal cylinder at the top of the staff with three rings.
Art: Same cylinder showing the same ring at the bottom of the cylinder in the model

Model: piece of wood with design
Art: piece of wood with design

Model: metal ring
Art: metal ring

Model: wood with a metal ring screwed into it and tassel comes off this ring
Art: wood with a metal ring screwed into it and tassel comes off this ring

Model: metal ring
Art: metal ring

Model: long piece of wood with design
Art: long piece of wood with design

Model: two metal rings with a piece of wood in the middle
Art: two metal rings with a piece of wood in the middle

Model: piece of wood continues
Art: piece of wood continues

If you still think they are not the same staff you need to get your eyes checked or a mental examination.

6: The Nile is not only a river in Africa

EDIT:

7: Saying we have no foundation for our claims just proves to me that you don’t read anyone’s post because including my own lengthy post in this thread. There is two other’s post that say this.

Every model and art work that was datamined from the June 23rd patch has now been confirmed.

This includes, the tempest (model/artwork), reaper(model/artwork), dragonhunter (model/artwork), chronomancer (model/artwork), revenant (model/artwork). The only one not confirmed is that staff model/artwork you like to say is our only evidence. Your only evidence is the bs people on this forum people were talking about early in this year when no one had any information besides the HoT release trailer. That is all just baseless speculation with no evidence.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m pretty sure they are trying to make d/d the condition melee weapon despite it’s hybrid nature they will try for a long time though and p/p is hybrid-ish also not sure how a melee staff would inflict bleeding. Sure our speculations are not solid but Team Rifle’s bullets are.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in Thief

sebradle.7034

I’m pretty sure they are trying to make d/d the condition melee despite it’s hybrid nature they will try for a long time though and p/p is hybrid-ish also not sure how a melee staff would inflict bleeding. Sure our speculations are not solid but Team Rifle’s bullets are.

Staff could inflict confusion or torment. Revenant mace is a condition spec that has zero bleeds just torment and burns. Staff could even inflict burns if they did go with a ninja theme elite spec. Point is anything could happen its game design.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

>.> You guys are arguing like you’re (early) part of the design team and are going to make the spec….

When really… you’re not…

Whichever weapon it’s going to be, it’s going to be in ANet’s view of what’s suited for thief… regardless of what you guys think is better or not.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

1. LOL! Get off my high horse? Because you guys can’t inject some common sense and research into your claims? The only thing that would be OP about the rifle is the speculated “long ranged backstab” which is going to do nothing different than a regular backstab. Bad players who can’t handle thief are going to die to them, “long ranged backstab” or not.

2. Nobody has come up with a unique melee staff skillset that wasn’t either OP or redundant. One person made a magic-based ranged staff that looked nice and a little unique, albeit needed a little cleanup which I havn’t gotten to yet. Now someone posted some melee staff ideas in the same thread but then you look at Staff 3 and our initiative and the first thing that comes to mind is infinite evasion. Rifle might turn out to be a better p/x but then p/x is only ever used just out of melee distance so you can’t compare. No there really isn’t any bullkitten here sebradle.

3. Making death blossom not suck or changing it would be alot easier than making and balancing a whole new weaponset + traits for a condition set.

4. “It doesn’t count because reasons.” From a business standpoint, that fan-made rifle skillset is planing I don’t have to do. It has a theme, it has a matching feel to that theme, the theme it portrays is more or less accurate to the real thing, it has a support base. It would probably cost less money to use free labor than design skills from scratch. Sooooooo yeah player made kits is still a valid point.

5. The model could have been used on a posed character model so the artists can quickly paint up some concept art. That concept art could be used as the picture for the elite spec and we still get rifle as the weapon because its the Assassin spec or w/e.

6. Polishing a kitten still makes it a kitten .

7. I’ve read all of the posts. Staffers are clinging to a picture and a model, probably made for the picture, as the holy grail of their arguments. Like it definite proof thieves are getting staff. That is not enough. And while rifle hasn’t gotten anything like concept art it has and still has the foundation that was formed weeks after the initial announcement of new weapons for professions. It has logical and practical reasoning behind it. It can expand thief’s roles.

As for melee staff, all I have really seen is content that can really only be considered as a wetdream of anime addicts. I mean look at the only decent melee staff design in the thread I just posted. Ninjutsu (the art of stealth), Shinobi kit (Ninja kit), Utsusemi (idk what it really means), Kaginawa kit (grappling hook/Scorpion wire kit, Katana kit (Sword kit).

Seriously…. like anything I have said so far was bullkitten.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

Really? All the pro-staff players are anime freaks? Really dude? So does that make all pro-rifle players Call of Duty fanboys or what?

Also, is this the fan made rifle kit you’re talking about?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-Elite-spec-leaked-The-Marksman/first#post5318708

Y’know, since fan made kits are apparently what Anet bases their elite specs on…

Sigh, this debate—if you can call it that—is so tired. I wish they’d just give it to us already, whatever it is. Especially since there’s no point dragging on like this. Whatever Anet has planned is set in stone at this point, save for minor balancing and such. But of course, even though this has been said numerous times, the war is going to carry on until we finally get our elite spec.

Umm… yes?

in Thief

IDICERI.4268

Need mods to close this thread. This is getting quite toxic. There’s too much hate for too many silly reasons. Name calling someone over their preference in a “fantasy” game is fatuous. Someone inform the mods! THE RED CAPES ARE COMING! THE RED CAPES ARE COMING!

Einstein

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Really? All the pro-staff players are anime freaks? Really dude? So does that make all pro-rifle players Call of Duty fanboys or what?

Also, is this the fan made rifle kit you’re talking about?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thief-Elite-spec-leaked-The-Marksman/first#post5318708

Y’know, since fan made kits are apparently what Anet bases their elite specs on…

Sigh, this debate—if you can call it that—is so tired. I wish they’d just give it to us already, whatever it is. Especially since there’s no point dragging on like this. Whatever Anet has planned is set in stone at this point, save for minor balancing and such. But of course, even though this has been said numerous times, the war is going to carry on until we finally get our elite spec.

Umm… yes?

Attachments:

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

^ It’s funny how you are saying I’m being ironic when I (as well as many other people) have repeatedly stated that we are well aware that nothing is certain until Anet makes it so. You seriously keep talking like we are touting around melee staff with 100% certainty when we know it’s NOT 100%. It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Welp, I’m gonna go play Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and pretend like I’m a staff thief! (jk I actually don’t have that game)

Need mods to close this thread. This is getting quite toxic. There’s too much hate for too many silly reasons. Name calling someone over their preference in a “fantasy” game is fatuous. Someone inform the mods! THE RED CAPES ARE COMING! THE RED CAPES ARE COMING!

Totally agree.

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Just because you’ve stated that, doesn’t make your other arguments any more valid. You are right that there is no telling what anet’s plans are. You are wrong in thinking that its absolutely staff. You are also wrong in thinking I used any amount of bullcrap when I was presenting my points.

And so my previous points remain: Staff will not provide anything new. If it does, it’ll be either OP or gimmicky. And alllllll this is based off of the nature of anet, businesses and the thief profession which i’ve already described in previous comments.

Quite frankly, I don’t care what we get so long as it works and helps the profession. If its staff, I hope anet makes it work. Because if it doesn’t I will be there to remind everyone about this the next time new elite specs are being worked on.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

You guys are here saying “Staff!” “Rifle!” and I just want my pistols to work…

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

mace plz Message Body length must at least be 15.

[SA]

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

You guys are here saying “Staff!” “Rifle!” and I just want my pistols to work…

Indeed. I’d rather they fix dual pistols than bring a rifle in to replace them. If a rifle spec had stuff that helped us gunslingers, I’d be ecstatic.

in Thief

sebradle.7034

Yeah dude this is a dumb argument don’t even know why I posted my thoughts. Can’t wait for thief reveal day.

EDIT: also yolo you just responded to seabreeze saying

^ It’s funny how you are saying I’m being ironic when I (as well as many other people) have repeatedly stated that we are well aware that nothing is certain until Anet makes it so. You seriously keep talking like we are touting around melee staff with 100% certainty when we know it’s NOT 100%. It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

with

Just because you’ve stated that, doesn’t make your other arguments any more valid. You are right that there is no telling what anet’s plans are. You are wrong in thinking that its absolutely staff.

um… ok he says that staff is nowhere confirmed and you respond with saying that he thinks we are absolutely getting staff.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

Yeah dude this is a dumb argument don’t even know why I posted my thoughts. Can’t wait for thief reveal day.

EDIT: also yolo you just responded to seabreeze saying

with

Just because you’ve stated that, doesn’t make your other arguments any more valid. You are right that there is no telling what anet’s plans are. You are wrong in thinking that its absolutely staff.

um… ok he says that staff is nowhere confirmed and you respond with saying that he thinks we are absolutely getting staff.

“(as well as many other people)” I’m done explaining myself.

Its silly how people won’t respond to logic unless someone starts kitten talking. lol

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

plot-twist.
We get rifle but then…

in Thief

Gray.9041

plot-twist.
We get rifle but then…

Melee rifle. the perfect compromise.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

plot-twist.
We get rifle but then…

Melee rifle. the perfect compromise.

Team Rifle can accept that.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This thread is hilarious, I’m actually starting to hope it’s neither staff nor rifle, just to see the backlash

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Thief

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

It’ll be melee rifle with remote controlled Marks.

Btw didnt Rubi teased about a Banana Scythe?

in Thief

Shadow.1345

This thread has pretty much changed to an argument between yolo and sebradle which is pretty much just sebradle saying “evidence points to staff” and yolo responding by throwing himself down on the ground in the middle of the aisle and throwing a temper tantrum. Can we just get a mod to close this?

EDIT: @yolo The dev team and the use of a melee staff are not bound by your imagination and what has been posted. It’s a videogame set in a high fantasy realm, it has the capacity to do anything the dev team makes it do.

(edited by Shadow.1345)

in Thief

Sagat.3285

It’ll be melee rifle with remote controlled Marks.

Btw didnt Rubi teased about a Banana Scythe?

Other players responded that she always does that.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Too bad they’re not about making new weapons (atm, if ever). I could really get behind a Whip.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

Too bad they’re not about making new weapons (atm, if ever). I could really get behind a Whip.

^ This

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Thief

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

Thief needs a lot more options…. loook what other classes can do NOW infight …. if your d/p 0815 combo cant do the job you only having shadowrefuge, shadowstep and another useless utility scrap, or do you want weapon swap to shortbow XD, OH and I forgot the basilisk venom ….. oh my what possibilities …. die on rampage, burning lockdown aoe spike dmg

And we are the only class with NO INVULNERABILITY BUTTON and mesma simply can do our job better while stalthed !!!

Playing since first GW2 beta and thief gets nerfed with every patch and if something gets buffed , there will be 10times more nerfs cause your THIEF! YOU DESERVE IT!
ty to the community …. you must be a noobplaya to die against thiefs, cause you can be outplayed by any other class

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Oh man I was not expecting this thread to turn into so much. Yesssss let the hate flow through of all you. * hands plunging in a deep bag of caramel popcorn *

This hate will fuel our determination to own in PvE, PvP and WvW. The moment our elite spec will be released. I have tears of joy seeing all of you fight for the greatness of our profession. Caithe would be so proud of you.

btw #TeamStaff lel

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

(edited by Kocoff.7582)

in Thief

Posted by: Tabootrinket.2631

Tabootrinket.2631

Oh!!! Oh !!! I got an idea !!!
Imagine:

It’s gonna be rifle, but we weild it upside down. And when we pull the trigger it’s to falcon punch ennemies with the handle. 1200 range piercing melee lel

(edited by Tabootrinket.2631)

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i dont want staff i dont want rifle i dont want new weapon i just want all damage to be downscaled so i can actually defense my self again instead of gettin rekt in 2 hits

in Thief

Seabreeze.8437

I could really get behind a Whip.

That… could be interpreted very differently than what you are implying, lol.

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

This thread has pretty much changed to an argument between yolo and sebradle which is pretty much just sebradle saying “evidence points to staff” and yolo responding by throwing himself down on the ground in the middle of the aisle and throwing a temper tantrum. Can we just get a mod to close this?

EDIT: @yolo The dev team and the use of a melee staff are not bound by your imagination and what has been posted. It’s a videogame set in a high fantasy realm, it has the capacity to do anything the dev team makes it do.

Then staff is bound to suck and players are going to continue to stick with d/p SB. Maybe the spec traits would work enough for thieves to use it. But it doesn’t change the fact that staffers want to look cool over making the profession better. So if we get melee staff and it ends up how staffers wanted it, it has a high chance of turning out exactly how I said it would. And when it does, I will remind you guys so the same crap doesn’t repeat itself (hopefully).

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Gray.9041

Then staff is bound to suck and players are going to continue to stick with d/p SB. Maybe the spec traits would work enough for thieves to use it. But it doesn’t change the fact that staffers want to look cool over making the profession better. So if we get melee staff and it ends up how staffers wanted it, it has a high chance of turning out exactly how I said it would. And when it does, I will remind you guys so the same crap doesn’t repeat itself (hopefully).

so because Anet isn’t doing exactly what you want, thief staff’s gonna suck?

really?

really??

really???

in Thief

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I could really get behind a Whip.

That… could be interpreted very differently than what you are implying, lol.

LOLOLOLOL !!