[Guide] S/P for PvE

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: HiloBoyS.7324

HiloBoyS.7324

Yea I know it sounds kind of dumb, but I am able to PvE Rather easily with S/P. (For new thief players)

Sword – Main Hand (LoL like we can use it in off hand prays)
Pistol – Off Hand

Skills:
Primary Attack
- Slice Slice your foe.
- Slash Slash your foe again.
- Crippling Strike Cripple your foe with a final strike.

Stealth Primary Attack
- Tactical Strike Blind your foe by bashing them with your sword hilt. Daze them instead if you attack from behind.

Secondary Attack:

- Infiltrator’s Strike Shadowstep to a foe and strike them. (Also Immobalizeds them for 1 second Amazing for interrupts) Use Shadow Strike again to Return to shadowstep back and cure one condition.

Dual Wield Attack: (Third Attack)
- Pistol Whip Pistol-whip your foe, stunning them for 1 second, then slash repeatedly with your sword.

Fourth Skill
- Headshot Daze your foe with a head shot. (Ranged Attack that slows)

Fifth Skill

- Black Powder Fire a black powder shot, blinding nearby foes with the smoke cloud.

Basic Gameplay:

Make sure your opponents are a type of melee / physical ranged class.

Get up in their face and stay there.

Use Black powder and try to keep it down whenever its ready. ( puts a cloud of smoke down that makes them blind over and over again (Not just 1 miss) As long as they are in range of it.

Do regular attacks and when black powder just runs out. Pistol whip them and watch HUGE numbers go up. (You can spec or use abilities to increase this damage.)

Keep dropping black powder when its out.

As long as you are within range of melee chars, (Or up in ranged chars face) this will make your battle without you taking any damage if not a very low amount.

What I like to do against a single mob.

1. Start off cloaked and open with Tactical Strike (Dazed From Behind or Blind really… doesnt matter)
2. Get a few regular hits in.
3. Activate damage signet (150% damage) and Pistol Whip Stunning it and doing really nice damage.
4. Black Powder and continue regular hits.
5. Pistol Whip

Usually mobs dead before the 2nd pistol whip.

In a group of mobs, just make sure you position yourself in the middle of them and use gun powder a lot. (Pistol whip hits MULTIPLE opponents as well as stunning them all as well)

All in all its the perfect cripping/immobilizing/stun build with a REALLY nice single damage skill.

The thing most people dont realize from me playing this is that Black Powder will constantly blind the mob over and over instead of just once for its duration. (They tend to use it as if it only works for 1 hit and run.)

I know this guide is missing a lot, but its what really worked well for me leveling up and killing everything solo without taking much damage at all. (I noticed that I was still wearing level 10-18 gear at 35+ (Aside from story quest rewards) when I didnt follow my blind/stun combo on a single easy mob and it hit me like a truck. hehe.

Any feedback/comments welcome!

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: Humorless.1573

Humorless.1573

No offense, but Dagger/Pistol achieves the same and is probably easier and does more damage. 15 points into Deadly Arts will make sure your target is constantly weakened and you can use #3 for blinds, for much cheaper than Black Powder. It’s only one blind instead of multiple, but with a Signet of Malice and constant weakness it’ll easily keep you alive. And D/P still has access to Black powder if you really like it…

Only downside is the lack of AOE, but I’d use shortbow or D/D for that anyways.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: Korochun.5862

Korochun.5862

Immobilize does not interrupt, daze does not slow, and you really don’t need to lay down Black Powder “every time it’s up” in PvE. Here’s how you do S/P in PVE:

1. Gather up 5+ mobs
2. Kill them all with Pistol Whip.

You are welcome.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: HiloBoyS.7324

HiloBoyS.7324

None taken, I am open for additions to it or alternative suggestions.

Maybe I am just too attached to Infiltrators Strike. =x And the Stun + high damage of Pistol Whip.

And the fact that as long as targets are close enough, pistol whips flurry of blades hits multiple targets.

The satisfaction of hitting like 20 people sieging your towers door. Stunning them all then seeing huge numbers hit them all then running back in is pretty satisfying.

Oh and FYI for those areas you gotta jump and be careful. Use Infiltrators strike, then jump, if you miss use it again to go back up.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: prodigy.1023

prodigy.1023

Here’s how you do S/P in PVE:

1. Gather up 5+ mobs
2. Rally to a waypoint

Fix’d.

My mesmer’s story ended on 07-Oct-2012.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Korochun.5862

Here’s how you do S/P in PVE:

1. Gather up 5+ mobs
2. Rally to a waypoint

Fix’d.

Yeah, because pressing 3 twice is so hard.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: Lixia.3298

Lixia.3298

somebody hasn’t been to Orr yet… :P

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

somebody hasn’t been to Orr yet… :P

I have, and it pretty much works as advertised.

Gathering 5 mobs might be a little hyperbole, especially because their positioning can be tricky, but it works flawlessly with 3 mobs, even 4 at times.

[Guide] S/P for PvE

in Thief

Korochun.5862

The annoyance with 5 is that one always lives a little bit longer than the others because one mob almost inevitably paths behind you while the others get mowed down. But it’s not particularly dangerous as such.

If you have difficulty executing the said technique, you might just need to get some toughness or vitality, Lixia. Or eat some pie — the health steal will basically heal you back to full.