Gw2 story, the life of a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Guild wars 2 story, the life of a thief

Hello guys! My name is Big Tower.5423 and i am a D/D thief from the EU serer Far shiverpeaks. I’ve played the game since 2-months after launch. i’ve always been a exclusive PvP player (WvW/TPVP) and after i hit 80 after about 1-2 weeks i eventually learned of the art known as roaming. i was at first just capable of 1v1, then 1v2, 1v3 and at last 1v7. i eventually got my self an ascended amulet, and 2 rings. after about a half year…. Life was going well and i had fun

i now had 3500 hours on my thief and with the account bound WXP coming. I was extremly excited applied fortitude. so i managed to scrap up my money to buy my self a exotic berserker set. AND THEN the patch hit, my thief was left useless

The 1v7 needed a nerf, i admit that. Although you should tone stuff down, not break it! my thief went from 7-11 k backstabs to 3-5 k backstabs. i lost 42% critical damage! this pretty much renders the D/D playstyle useless 120 % -> 78%…. i am now winning less than 1/4 of my duels, 1/4!

3500 hours, right out of the window

i did ofcourse realise i had to “Adapt” as to the other constant previous nerfs, but no. i couldn’t just tweak my build, D/D batman build is no longer viable AT ALL. we thieves do have P/D, but…. i were never that rich though, as a pvp player. i usually have 5-6 g in my wallet and the highest i’ve ever had is 40. with the recent purchase i had: 0 g, 26 silver. Yey, imma just get all my armor all over again. its just half year of an effort…. i’ve never had a single ascended weapon either…. especialy with me having put all my income for several months into leveling my weaponsmith now to 415…. Oh, you need hunsman? Screw you! i felt when i had to stop making my daggers and rather work on a pistol… altough i had a spare sword…. so i tried to play S/D… well that went to hell…

I feel EXTREMLY cheated out, as a PvP player, my 3500 hours right out of the window.

I don’t want to drag my self trough PvE content to be viable in WvW! "

i thought you said, play the game the way you want.

if you needed to nerf critdamage for PvE, why dont just add a 30% critdmg buff in WvW?

Thank you for your attention, have a nice day further guys!

Edit 1:
D/D thieves got higher hit that others as we rely on crit-dmg, i had 3000 attack but, 120% cridmg, also i used hidden killer to get those crits, we got hit way harder than others. most others lost about 15% damage in WvW, i lost 42% as i rely heavily on critdmg

Direct damage VS condi damage is out of the tabel!

Edit 2:

other roamers got hit hard as well,, but not as hard as thief. Anet promotes zerging and deranks roaming. if you want to roam you have to go condi

Attachments:

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

(edited by Big Tower.5423)

in Thief

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Welcome to play balancing.

Play the way you want and how you want, within the environment you are given. The whole point of the crit damage to ferocity conversion (nerf) was to correct how CD scaled hideously out of proportion to everything else. A flat buff to your critical hits when everything else went through an equation? yeh that’s balanced isn’t it…

Those who have a limited facet of play styles will always be the ones hit hardest while those who play some of everything pretty much didn’t feel it. I’m afraid you are going to get little sympathy from most people simply because you have chosen to limit your playing field to pvp.

A final point, you seem to have forgotten that you can get armour from wvw with badges. At least there it’s not as pricey. Not going to say anything about runes since that market is just getting crazy

in Thief

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Yeah i was kind of in the same position as you, OP. Anticipating the ferocity patch, i built a set of condition gear, but ultimately went back to my zerker gear because i was more comfortable and familiar with that and also i fear change.

I still hit pretty hard and i enjoy my thief. The crit damage definitely got nerfed but i don’t feel any less effective. I still get big numbers (not AS big) and i can still drop in and out of combat at my leisure. But such is the life of a thief—you are the anti-hero that society will never understand, so you gotta roll with the punches. And if it’s not fun anymore play something else.

in Thief

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

And yet… Condition damage is still untouched. Not to mention the aspect of stacking a single stat for condition damage and being free to stack 2 defensive stats. Or the broken condition duration food.

Speaking of which, I have confirmation of +40% condi food being a mistake.

Global condition duration vs single condition duration is supposed to be a 1:2 ratio, so you have burn/bleed/etc duration affect being X while pan-condition duration is 0.5*X.

On the food, they accidentally reversed the proportion. So that’s a thing. The condition duration food should be 10%. I just wish that Anet would acknowledge/fix it.

in Thief

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

So, you used to like being a one-shot thief? you think that was fair? I’ll not lost my time in a discussion with you. Ppl breaks a profession by creating “Builds” unfair, (1-shot in pvp while in hide? – even worse on wxw).

While you cry about your strong profession being nerfed (Once), rangers keep being one of the worst classes since very being of the game. (As myself, I main a ele.)

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

So, you used to like being a one-shot thief? you think that was fair? I’ll not lost my time in a discussion with you. Ppl breaks a profession by creating “Builds” unfair, (1-shot in pvp while in hide? – even worse on wxw).

While you cry about your strong profession being nerfed (Once), rangers keep being one of the worst classes since very being of the game. (As myself, I main a ele.)

i was a 2 backstab shot thief, not the signet thief

in Thief

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

It’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be, I’m still getting the occasional 15k+ crits even in sPvP. If your damage is really that low, why don’t you just go glassier?

Of course, the nerfs suck, but I’m still more than capable of one shotting (Fine, one-bursting. Steal-CnD-Backstab) anything that moves

As a side note, I’ve been told elementalists have the highest burst in the game. I’m still waiting to do the actual math on this, but for now address your burst related complaints to them :P

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

in Thief

Posted by: Thalionsir.5976

Thalionsir.5976

Oh, oh, you poor sweet baby, you can no longer win 1 vs 7 fights. sniffle sob

For heavens sake man, at least you are still a reasonably viable class with your current build! As well as quite a good class if you go with one of the others suggested here on the forum.

Please, for the sake of us all, go play a Longbow/Shortbow Ranger viably for a year and a half. Now that class, that’s the one that is complaining now, and imho, they have the right to complain.

in Thief

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

TLDR, Big and Kincaidia are World of Roguecrafts chill talk Machinima rogues.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

(edited by Andele.1306)

in Thief

Big Tower.5423

no, it is still not viable if a guy who could do 1v7 loses more than 50% of duels

(edited by Big Tower.5423)

in Thief

Posted by: SDZz.8260

SDZz.8260

Idk, many people think the same as you OP but after playing with crit damage nerf I really think it was justified of Anet to introduce it. Before the mindset of the d/d or d/p thief (30 SA one which I’m guessing you are) was burst then reset heal up and repeat. I played d/d for a while pre-nerf so I’m aware of the play style – for quite a bit of time too.

I think that with this nerf more fun and less boring play styles are being explored by thieves. Sure you will see a lot of p/d cheese but those were always there. However you will also see more s/d and s/p thieves which is a much nicer change.

I switched from d/d to s/d, and personally I love s/d so much more. The gameplay is much more fun and varied compared to the repetitive 5+1+5+1+5+1+2 combo of dagger mainhand thieves.

tl;dr – Give s/d a go. If you have spent that much time on thief you will be aware of the mechanics and find it fun really quickly.

Team Aggression -
@Staff Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

yeah, ferocity sucks. I used to count everything above 12 stats per crit dmg too high in terms of loss and gain.

10 power always gives 0.3%-0.5% more dmg, while 10 ferocity gives 0.66% only on critical hits.

They were talking about adding gear with ferocity as mainstat.

Chest.
101 Ferocity
72 Precision
72 Power

at 3k attack power(counting weapon dmg) you trade 1.0% dmg for 2% more crit dmg.
at 200% crit dmg your 3k backstab crits 6000.
With ferocity chest (202% crit dmg) it gets reduced to 2970 and crits 5999.
+ – 0, except the – that your base damage will be reduced.

ah and yeah, spvp is just fine.

Attachments:

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

no, it is still not viable if a guy who could do 1v7 loses more than 50% of duels

Yeah sure, those 1 vs 7 were purely due to your skill, not cos you could 1 shot people while having 30pts in SA.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

> At first there was thief.
> Thief wtfbbqed all the players.
> Anet nerfed thief.
> Anet nerfed thief again.
> Anet saying they are reducing max initiative gain per second by 1/2 while removing initiative regen nerf.
> Thieves are kittened.
> Anet says removal of natural initiative regen nerf is a buff.
> Anet nerfs initiative gain per second anyways after a month of collaboration.
> Thief community ragequits.
> Anet buffs every profession.
> Some thieves come back.
> Sizer owns with boonsteal in tourney.

History right there.