HOT weapon ?

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sweeps.3059

Sweeps.3059

So I know the rumors of thief getting a rifle for HoT but after playing it abut I had a thought.
what’s the chances Thief may get staff, it could be a melle weapon kind of like how you see monks wielding a staff in those action films?
People’s opinions?

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Loki.8793

Loki.8793

What are the chances? Fairly low considering ranger is getting a staff.

Rifle is the highest chance because of the early concept art of the thief and the trailer showing a medium armor class with a rifle.

Mace also has a decent chance.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sweeps.3059

Ah ok colt hanks for the reply mate.
I kind of hope they get rifle as I am new to thief and really enjoying it, also i like the legendary rifle.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

It would be really cool to see a Thief handling a melee staff, lile Oberyin Martel in GoT.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

We don’t need another melee weapon, we need a 1200 ranged weapon. Either a Rifle or a GS used as ranged weapon — just Mesmers, but less butterflies and more shadows.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

pupi.2465

We don’t need another melee weapon, we need a 1200 ranged weapon. Either a Rifle or a GS used as ranged weapon — just Mesmers, but less butterflies and more shadows.

So Thief becoming a magical GS wielder? i hope Anet doesnt take that road, it would ruin the game.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

So Thief becoming a magical GS wielder? i hope Anet doesnt take that road, it would ruin the game.

Thief already uses magic called Shadow Arts.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not magic it just boosts your gameplay doesn’t add depth doesn’t reduce depth it’s a simple effective boost. Stop being dramatic we are all waiting for the melee rifle, bayonet hype!!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

pupi.2465

So Shadow Arts is magic now???? lol ok bro.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Pretty sure it is…

Don’t see anyone in real life going invisible after stabbing someone and throwing a cloak around themselves…

That and no one is jumping 1200 meters/units. Presumably by stepping through shadows… I’ve tried in real life, it doesn’t seem to work, it actually hurts if you run into a wall trying to go into the shadow…

Or signets doing anything besides being stamps that you can wear…

Or a bunch of guys popping out of NO WHERE on call (thieves guild)…

Or being able to throw down some sort of field/area that makes everyone inside invisible.

Or having a dagger bounce OFF the target and ricochet between a couple targets (some how between 3, yet not being stabbed into any one of them)

Or boons that are able to regenerate you back to health after you’ve taken multiple slashes from the sword, possibly a couple from an axe here and there, maybe a couple arrows, and possibly limbs missing – but yeah boon of regeneration, get’s you back to brand new!

Yeah, pretty sure it’s all magic.
But you’re right, let’s apply some “real life logic/reasoning” and say no to having any more magical crap added to the thief.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

pupi.2465

Pretty sure it is…

Don’t see anyone in real life going invisible after stabbing someone and throwing a cloak around themselves…

That and no one is jumping 1200 meters/units. Presumably by stepping through shadows… I’ve tried in real life, it doesn’t seem to work, it actually hurts if you run into a wall trying to go into the shadow…

Or being able to throw down some sort of field/area that makes everyone inside invisible.

Or having a dagger bounce OFF the target and ricochet between a couple targets (some how between 3, yet not being stabbed into any one of them)

Or boons that are able to regenerate you back to health after you’ve taken multiple slashes from the sword, possibly a couple from an axe here and there, maybe a couple arrows, and possibly limbs missing – but yeah boon of regeneration, get’s you back to brand new!

But you’re right, let’s apply some “real life logic/reasoning” and say no to having any more magical crap added to the thief.

If you look that way, so even Warriors uses magic then, they can recover from damage, morph on a brute, and carry weapons bigger than their body with super speed.

Everything is magical in this game. Ohhh.. thats it!!! its a game! almost forgot! :P

Resuming, what i wanted to say is… leave the “non-magical” classes untouched by the fancy ideia of making’em with magic skills.

Classic RPG.

(edited by pupi.2465)

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

The gods gave magic to man…Shadow Arts came from Lyssa.

lol? got lore?

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Pretty sure it is…

If you look that way, so even Warriors uses magic then, they can recover from damage, morph on a brute, and carry weapons bigger than their body with super speed.

Everything is magical in this game. Ohhh.. thats it!!! its a game! almost forgot! :P

Resuming, what i wanted to say is… leave the “non-magical” classes untouched by the fancy ideia of making’em with magic skills.

Classic RPG.

Okay, let’s go by your book.

The GS will use “Shadow Arts” to create shadowy greatswords. Or… Using the “Shadow Arts” the thief is able to slash shadows with the great sword from a distance… Or since it’s under “Shadow Arts”, the great sword that should weigh 8lb (or more) now weighs less than 1lb and can be swung for days because it has shadows in it.
Man and i would love to be able to pull arrows out of thin air indefinitely while doing the motion of reloading.
Maybe somewhere between now and HoT, the thief would have picked up a book somewhere on “Advance Shadow Arts” that allow you to create shadow clones or other things. Who knows….

You are right, it’s just a game… lot’s of wiggle room for what can and can happen (no, no “can’t”).

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

pupi.2465

Pretty sure it is…

Classic RPG.

The GS will use “Shadow Arts” to create shadowy greatswords. Or… Using the “Shadow Arts” the thief is able to slash shadows with the great sword from a distance… Or since it’s under “Shadow Arts”, the great sword that should weigh 8lb (or more) now weighs less than 1lb and can be swung for days because it has shadows in it.
Man and i would love to be able to pull arrows out of thin air indefinitely while doing the motion of reloading.
Maybe somewhere between now and HoT, the thief would have picked up a book somewhere on “Advance Shadow Arts” that allow you to create shadow clones or other things. Who knows….

You are right, it’s just a game… lot’s of wiggle room for what can and can happen (no, no “can’t”).

Al rite, lets presume everything can happen… but tell me, why GS? GS on a Thief? do you really like GS that much ? on thieves?? srsly, just roll a warrior :P

On the other hand, i would love to see things like Shurikens or Fist Weapons being implemented… even Melee Staff for Thieves… a Monk fighting style would really be cool.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sweeps.3059

I still think that rifle is the most likely choice, I am just not sure about thief becoming sniper because the warrior rifle burst skill looks kinda sniper ish to me.
But if we are talking stupid ideas why not give the thief staff and make his skills like Neo from the 2nd matrix film lol

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

what’s the chances Thief may get staff, it could be a melle weapon kind of like how you see monks wielding a staff in those action films?
People’s opinions?

Think about it, they’d have to make whole new animations. Too much work.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I just finished my legendary rifle for my engi so thief getting rifle would be awesome for me. A monk themed staff would also be amazing, so tbh i’m gonna be happy either way.

We’re going to get a focus now aren’t we…

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sweeps.3059

Nope will probs be torch so we can create our own shadows :please
God I hope not

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Rifle Would be super cool!!! What kind of skills would it have that we dont already have on pistols and bow? skills like Switch places with target on succesful attack. Cripple. Knock Back. Maybe another possible field like ice or Ethereal? Could be pretty cool!

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

flowers and rainbows pls.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

skills like Switch places with target on succesful attack.

The ultimate decapping skill. WANT!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Do we know anything yet about the rifle abilities?

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I’m betting on rifle… How much so? Already made an ascended rifle for it lol

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Pretty sure it is…

Classic RPG.

Al rite, lets presume everything can happen… but tell me, why GS? GS on a Thief? do you really like GS that much ? on thieves?? srsly, just roll a warrior :P

On the other hand, i would love to see things like Shurikens or Fist Weapons being implemented… even Melee Staff for Thieves… a Monk fighting style would really be cool.

That’s boring. You have to let your imagination run wild to the realm where Revenant uses Hammer and Mesmers uses Greatsword as ranged weapons. If these uses of “melee” weapons are possible in this realm, Thief using GS as ranged weapon is never impossible.

Summoning shadow clones using GS is actually not a bad idea.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

To the dummies in this thread who think Thieves don’t use magic: yes they absolutely do use magic. Shadow Arts, stealth, shadowstepping, etc are all magic. It states this in the game.

Either way, I highly doubt that Thief will get a melee staff, because datamining has shown that Revenant will be getting a melee staff. Combined with Guardian’s mid-range staff, there would be too much crossing over and the Thief staff wouldn’t feel unique.

Thieves are probably going to be getting some boring sniper rifle that I will never use.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Quick comment, RE: Shadow Arts as magic. Last I knew, in this game’s lore … every profession besides Engineers do in fact, utilize at least some innate magic (Warriors and Signets, for instance). As for Thieves, it’s generally theorized that they use some abilities from the same overall type of magic that Mesmers access (Denial).

Does make a certain sense. Invisibility (Stealth) “denies” sight/sensory perception, Shadowsteps “deny” distance … /shrug

As for weapon, yea … probably going to be a Rifle. I’m hoping it’ll at least synch well with my Pistols. And NOT be some range-punked joke. You’d think ANet was as afraid of a 1200 range Thief as they are of fast Mesmers. >_<

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Katana’s please

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Katana’s please

Already in game, as a greatsword skin.

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Shadowstepping, invisibility and illusions are part of the Denial magic school, it’s in the GW1 lore.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Chapell.1346

Katana’s please

Exactly, why no thief can wield such? ^^

[Urge]

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Shadowstepping, invisibility and illusions are part of the Denial magic Arts school, it’s in the GW1 lore.

Sorry man, it’s an “Art” – totally not magic.

Katana’s please

Exactly, why no thief can wield such? ^^

:D Because, we’re told to re-roll if you want to use such a weapon.

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Chapell.1346

I don’t think re-roll is the only option, i rather play different weapon sets with different trait-line. Thief is life thief is love <3 ^^

[Urge]

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

I always wanted this skill on a thief rifle:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rapid_Fire_

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

hopefully no rifle…

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

pupi.2465

hopefully no rifle…

Hopefully… we already have pistols, i’m hoping more for an axe, mace or melee staff for the monk style.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Between all the weapons…
Rifle is probably the easiest to animate – so they will most likely go with that.

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

grenade kit. bomb kit.
thiefineer.
4eva.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

grenade kit. bomb kit.
thiefineer.
4eva.

Or turrets… So we could have a stealth bunker build… drop all turrets and stealth

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

grenade kit. bomb kit.
thiefineer.
4eva.

Or turrets… So we could have a stealth bunker build… drop all turrets and stealth

Can you imagine if they make all traps a kit? Just like how Engi have a kit for bombs.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

grenade kit. bomb kit.
thiefineer.
4eva.

Can you imagine if they make all traps a kit? Just like how Engi have a kit for bombs.

I would rather not…
The current traps are not so well made… Engi’s bombs are annoying though.

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Thief specialization: Hunter

Give rifle and rangers pet lols.

1) charge skill: Hold using 1 initiative per second, increasing dmg until released. Fire when released or initiative is gone.
2) Send your pet to chase down your foe. For 5seconds foes near your pet are slown down 25%.
3) hunters blind: channel skill cannot move: hold using 1 initiative per 2 seconds. While your are obstructed from view to each of your opponents (or they are facing away) you become invisible to each of them until you attack, you stop channeling or initiative is 0.
4) hunting knife: 2 initiative. Strike with your knife causing 1 bleed for 5sec. Deal 10% more dmg per bleed stack. Double dmg if striking from hunters blind.
5) trip trigger flare: 6 initiative. Set a trap 10min that shoots a bright flare high in the sky when triggered by an enemy and applies vulnerability to 5 foes within 600 range.

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Oh and pets stand directly on top of the thief at all times. Kind of like a giant arrow pointing down at the thief when in stealth.

Join the TEEFs!

HOT weapon ?

in Thief

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Oh and pets stand directly on top of the thief at all times. Kind of like a giant arrow pointing down at the thief when in stealth.

well that’s dumb, why not just have a giant arrow pointing down on the thief in stealth so the pet can still attack foes lol.

but its not a thief silly, its a Hunter !
Im thinking when you go Hunter’s blind your pet would stop attacking and would prowl or something right where it is standing at the moment.